Author Topic: Will a Jiffy quick connect fit my Eskimo auger?  (Read 3245 times)

Offline matt066

• IceShanty Rookie
Will a Jiffy quick connect fit my Eskimo auger?
« on: Jan 20, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I purchased a remanufactored Eskimo Stingray ice auger a few years ago and it runs great. The only downfall is that Eskimo doesn't carry as many accessories as Jiffy does. I was wondering if a Jiffy "E-Z connect adapter" will fit my Eskimo Stingray??

Offline Lifeguard

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Will a Jiffy quick connect fit my Eskimo auger?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Good question!!  I have the exact same auger and am wondering the same thing.  Hopefully someone on here will know.

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:26 PM »
The answer is.... Maybe.

Jiffy augers, (at least mine) have a left hand rotation.  There are also quick couplers for right hand rotation.

Make sure that you have the correct "EZ Coupler" for the direction your auger cuts.

You don't want to drill a hole and loose your auger because the quick coupler unscrewed.

Wiener

Offline wallyboss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Are we talking about the rubber sleeve with a pin attached to it ??? If so that thing is so useless I removed it and now use only a regular locking pin like this
When Hell freezes over !!!!  I'll be there icefishing!!!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:58 AM »
Are we talking about the rubber sleeve with a pin attached to it ??? If so that thing is so useless I removed it and now use only a regular locking pin like this
(Image removed from quote.)

It's not useless.. it works fine if it is 70 out....I replaced mine with a  clevis and spring clip... as I had done with my old model 30 instead of using the allen bolt...

the sleve was a great idea...poor design.

Jiffy augers turn counter clockwise... i think.. I'm not sure, Eskimo augers turn  Clock wise...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Pozlaris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:23 AM »
I also agree it is pretty useless. Went thru two in two seasons. That rubber that attaches the pin to the sleeve is not designed for weather like we have up in saskatchewan. Save your money and just use a bolt or pin or something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.