Author Topic: You'll have to pull more than an ice fishing sled  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
You'll have to pull more than an ice fishing sled
« on: Jan 26, 2011, 08:50 AM »
sometimes, it's playtime...

sometimes, it's work days...
Hey Charlie, the kid's got one on over here...

Offline esox1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: You'll have to pull more than an ice fishing sled
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Beautiful Dogs! :tipup:

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:19 PM »

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:45 PM »
 @)  I had a Samoyed growing up...great dog!!  We lived near Sodus Bay back then, we did breed her once and she had a litter of puppies.  Wonder if yours are related?  My dogs name was "Princess Nera of Ira".

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2011, 12:55 PM »
@)  I had a Samoyed growing up...great dog!!  We lived near Sodus Bay back then, we did breed her once and she had a litter of puppies.  Wonder if yours are related?  My dogs name was "Princess Nera of Ira".
These 2 are from Vermont-Samtasia Samoyeds. Our 1st was from Hilton though, in 1987, she lasted 16 yrs. The Duchess.
As you can see, they are awesome with kids. They obey hand signals from my 8 yr old neice as though it was me. Except for the occasional sneaker chew, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
The female, I actually owe my life to: she woke me up about 2am one day last winter, my computers power supply was burning, the smoke was coming out of it, the smoke detector never went off. She was practically chewing my arm to get up, when I realized what was going on, I went outside with the computer, she was hot on my heels barking at that tower.
I fed her salmon for about 6 weeks, every day. I owe her, BIG TIME.

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Mine was very independent, beautiful and lovable.  She came/went as she pleased and had a couch in the garage as a bed.  Got along with everybody and all the neighbors dogs.  She loved to hunt woodchucks and rabbits on her own.  She rarely came in the house (unless it was thunder/lightning...then he would hide behind the couch).  She had a hole she dug under a tree in our front yard she loved to hang out in.  She would lie so it looked as she was dead (on her back with legs in the air).  People would stop occasionally and ask if she was still alive.  LOL  She would trail behind my friends and i when we would hike through the woods to keep an eye on us.  She did save me from getting attacked by a couple of viscious afghan hounds that had gotten loose and came into our yard to harass me.  I can still remember being trapped on the front porch (door locked behind me) a lone growl...then hound fur flying and those two hounds yelping down the road!  She once got left inside the house for two days and never had an accident.  My father liked to say she was sitting/waiting with her legs crossed.  Only thing that was bad was combing out all the burdocks and twigs she'd have stuck in her fur from all the roaming around.  Wasn't a bad trade-off!   

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:06 AM »
do you mean like this? he was just a pup then. now, he's the one with the black harness.

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:55 AM »
LOL~just like that! 

Offline northern fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dad and his littlest buddy
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Thats a pretty cool way to get on the ice.I'm suprised more of us don't do it that way. Just think I could talk to my dogs while I fish and nobody would think I'm crazy.You should see the looks you get when they catch you talking to a four wheeler :cookoo: :cookoo:
There is nothing better than the smile on a childs face when they see the fish come up through the hole.

Offline Mr.Sodus

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Thats a pretty cool way to get on the ice.I'm suprised more of us don't do it that way. Just think I could talk to my dogs while I fish and nobody would think I'm crazy.You should see the looks you get when they catch you talking to a four wheeler :cookoo: :cookoo:
there ARE some cute 4 wheelers though...

Offline Ny Ice Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2011, 11:26 AM »
good lookin dogs!!
Wanakena Ranger School Alumni '13

"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus

"Work: a dangerous disorder affecting high public functionaries who want to go fishing"-Ambrose Bierce

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.