Author Topic: easy bite  (Read 3890 times)

Offline double08

• IceShanty Rookie
easy bite
« on: Nov 24, 2009, 05:58 PM »
what do you guys think about this bobber? Looks good to me!
http://www.easybite.net/ice-fishing.php

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: easy bite
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2009, 06:17 PM »
i ran into them last year while searching around the net and thought they looked good but i couldnt justify spending ten bucks a piece on them?
EK
if you buy one give us a full report on quality and how well it works!

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2009, 06:19 PM »
what do you guys think about this bobber? Looks good to me!

Use the search function. plenty of posts on them.
Ken                                          

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2009, 06:45 PM »
I bought one to try. The quality is good and it comes with two weights. The problem is the setup is extremely heavy and should only be used on a heavier rod. (Med action a minimum) Adds a lot of weight to the tip and makes the rod feel heavy and weird. If you do a lot of deadsticking and need a more visual indicator like when your in a permanent shack or something its a good thing, its just not for me.

Offline gillhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Use the search function. plenty of posts on them.
thought i had to have one last year but when i got it i used it about an hour maybe and put it aside. barely used it after that. it is real adjustable to sensitivity though.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Same here, I bought one last year, they are pricey and somthing that I used once. I found them awkward to use

Offline double08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2009, 08:30 PM »
I use a St. Croix rod with the spring bobber and it looks to work the same way. I really like the way the St Croix works and has picked me up more fish for sure. Seems to me that an extra $10.00 on a less expensive rod would be about the same. I have seen plenty of fisherman try to duplicate that spring, this looks like an easier way to do the same thing.

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I bought one last yr also, put it on a little heavier rod and I think they are great, I know I  caught a lot more crappie because of the bobber, the negative bite indication is great when the fish grabs the bait and swims up with it. I'ts also very easy to see due to the size so it works great on a dead stick rod that may be a couple of feet away,which is great if your half blind like me  LOL ,but they definitely need to be on a heavier or I  guess you would say a fast action rod, I ordered 2 more this yr.

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Link fixed. I dont see the point in these why not just buy a nice ultra light rod some high visibility gold line and call it good?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.