Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Sketchy ice today. Just going to take a trip to Michigan in a couple weeks

(1/4) > >>

CrappieJigger29:
3in sketchy ice on a pond and sat there n thought about going out in it and chasing crappie but figured just wait and take a trip to Michigan the weekend of the 22nd and do some safe fishing since we have warm temps coming to ruin the progress we have had

Jig_Head:
I dont know how big of a guy you are but at 175lbs I'd be on 3 inches like stink on poop. I found 2 - 2.5" when scouting before work this morning. I'll be out tomorrow

walleyedan:
I'm a big guy but I feel safe on good hard 3" which is what we have right now with no snow.  I'm going hunting tomorrow with the temps I'm seeing tonight.  Saw chunks floating in the river this morning which is a good sign.  I've got a couple of protected  from the wind go to ponds that I always get on.

CrappieJigger29:
I walked out about a foot and it started spider webbing and cracking big time.   I'm just over 200lbs.   So hopefully weather makes a change to ice making weather or I'm taking a trip to lake St Hellen in Michigan lol.  If we don't have safe ice is anyone looking to take a trip with me up there

trophytaker1:
The best I came up with was a thin 2 inches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version