The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Newbie To The Shanty!  (Read 1023 times)

Offline KLIKBANGTHUD

• IceShanty Rookie
Newbie To The Shanty!
« on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Don't get overly excited guys...it's just another newbie poking around the shanty. Looking forward to learning more about this new-to-me method of putting a few fillets in the pan! Thanks in advance for the future tips & tricks!

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newbie To The Shanty!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Welcome to iceshanty, enjoy your time here!

Offline deadstick81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:42 PM »
I’m fairly new also, one thing I’ve noticed. on this site u are ok to post pictures but videos are a no go just a heads up..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:50 PM »
I’m fairly new also, one thing I’ve noticed. on this site u are ok to post pictures but videos are a no go just a heads up..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just upload your vid to YouTube then copy the link & paste it in your post !!

Offline KLIKBANGTHUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:42 PM »
Thanks for the video tips! But for me to operate a camera while on ice with a fish on?!? Snowflake's chance in Hades of pulling that off!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:43 AM »
Anyone can post a video:)

Offline deadstick81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:20 PM »
It was a joke all the hate for videos on this site is kinda stupid

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:34 PM »
WELCOME

Mizayikaa

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2019, 09:30 PM »

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Welcome, plenty of information to be found on the pages of this website. Deadstick81 welcome to you also,glad you are joking about posting videos like any group there will be differences of opinion among members thankfully for the most part folks here get along with each other.
Steve

Offline The Linguist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Ditto! Post your videos and let’s see what the Luddites have to say about them. That might be more entertaining than the videos themselves. Just ask BoomerFTW, haha.

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2019, 09:57 PM »
Your definition of Luddite is flawed, if you really intend to label a group of people using Vexilars, modern fishing rods/line/and this digital forum as anti-technology.  Nice attempt at being clever, but a Luddite wouldn't be frequenting this forum, because that Luddite wouldn't own a computer.

Offline The Linguist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:14 PM »
Circular logic from a guy who used to live in Circle?

Computers and Vexilars are not new technology. Might want to brush up on the definition of Luddite.

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:26 PM »
The term Luddite originated in England, and referred to individuals opposed to the early industrialization of English manufacturing.  Luddites rioted throughout England and destroyed factories in their opposition to technological development.  Your reference to Circle is, again, an attempt at being clever, but wholly irrelevant to the point I made.  A Luddite is against technological advancement...someone using a computer is necessarily not a Luddite.

Merriam-Webster's definitions: (1) one of a group of early 19th century English workmen destroying laborsaving machinery as a protest broadly (doesn't fit a single person on this forum)  (2) one who is opposed to especially technological change...again, if I'm responding to you on a computer, I can't, by definition, be a Luddite.

Offline The Linguist

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:36 PM »
Another definition of Luddite found online is:

“A person opposed to new technology or ways of working.”

I learned about tbe Luddites in Pat Monday’s Science and Technology class at MT Tech in the early 90s. No cleverness being enacted on my part.

BoomerFTW has given IS the gift that keeps on giving. Give the kid a break. He may be annoying with his videos, but what harm do they do?

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:45 PM »
And I learned about Luddites in just about every class I took at UM in the 2010s, as a history major, political science major, and economics major; I took a lot of history classes...and for the record, your definition is a reworded version of the second one I provided.

There is nothing wrong with Boomer's videos, other than the fact that a pattern is developing in which the forum is pitted against each other when he posts one. 

Mizayikaa

« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:06 PM »

[/quote
Circular logic from a guy who used to live in Circle?

Computers and Vexilars are not new technology. Might want to brush up on the definition of Luddite.
But video is?

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:13 PM »
Excellent point Miza; the first fps video recording took place in the late 1880s...well before the age of Vexilar.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2019, 04:30 PM »
They arnt anti tech,they just hate everyone this isnt exactly like them.Lots of that on here.Post your vids many of us enjoy them and have some idea what amount of work it is to produce one.
Dont ask

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.