« on: Feb 18, 2004, 05:09 PM »
dosent it seem that the fish shrink when u get it mounted

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: mount
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2004, 05:03 AM »
maybe because its next to that GIANT pricetag :-\ i wouldnt be surprised to see em lose a little in the skinnig process ,but im no taxidermist ,are you sure its not because youve spent months telling eveybody how huge it was,and now youve got it back and well......   lol

peple of the perch

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2004, 07:47 AM »
i had a 27 inch walley (my fisrt 1) and when we got it back it lost a half a inch

Offline wny angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2004, 12:17 PM »
my brother caught a 20 lb ,39 in  male steelhead it took almost a year to get it back from the taxidermist-the guy uses fiberglass heads on skin mounts-when we went to pick it up it looked like a 16 lb er and the guy put a female head on it (theres a difference) had to wait 3 more months for the guy to fix it.
i got a 22lb steely and had a fiberglass reproduction moulded from the original fish -it looks exactly like the fish i caught in every way-can see every scale and even mark that was on the original fish.
i would never go back to skin mounts

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Scott,  GIANT PRICE TAG funny stuff! :D 
I have a question for everyone?? How much per inch do you pay in your local areas for either skin or fiber mounted fish?  Really curious! -Barleydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline wny angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Scott,  GIANT PRICE TAG funny stuff! :D 
I have a question for everyone?? How much per inch do you pay in your local areas for either skin or fiber mounted fish?  Really curious! -Barleydog

skin mounts anywhere from $7 to $10 an inch

fiberglass reproductions  $11-$12 an inch-

if your spending that much cash ya might as well spend the xtra for fiberglass-they make a mould rite from the actual fish so all the proportions are exact-and it will last forever -unless your wife or kids break it

raleigh

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2004, 09:04 PM »
Well i caught a 27 inch splake last spring, just got it back from the taxidermist a few weeks ago. On the subject of price per inch, I paid 9 dollars an inch. When I got my splake back from the taxidermist i was happy to see that it was the same size mabey a little bigger than when i took it in. Eather way it makes a great mount on my wall.

Offline LoveIce

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2004, 09:49 AM »
a good tax should get it right every time you get what you pay for,I do fish tax ;D
YOU DONT HAVE A FLASHER what are you nuts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.