Author Topic: Anybody on here hold a state record?  (Read 3292 times)

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Anybody on here hold a state record?
« on: Nov 16, 2005, 03:46 PM »
I hope someday to haul in a record and was wondering if anyone here has already..
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Anybody on here hold a state record?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2005, 04:40 PM »
well we dont hear much from jigmaster but he is a member from maine who currently holds the muskellunge record for the state of maine...click here to see kim and his 27 lb muskie

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I've thrown away both the colorado AND wyoming record suckers!The on from wyo weighed 6.3 lbs or so,the colo one weighed 5.5 lbs. I was an idiot!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Wow.....that muskie is huge. I hope to get a state record one day. I havent even come close yet but maybe i will find a honey hole this year. :P

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2005, 06:05 PM »
I've thrown away both the colorado AND wyoming record suckers!The on from wyo weighed 6.3 lbs or so,the colo one weighed 5.5 lbs. I was an idiot!
....thats a shame!!  :-\ would of been nice to see.....as well as pics of the potential records too!!!....another day....Grump

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I caught the IA state record shortnose gar a few yrs ago. I knew what the record was and threw the fish back without a second thought. Thats a record I dont need.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline mikeyc0203

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ayooooooo
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:16 PM »
that is one nice musky... i wish i could get a state record fish..hopefully i can do it this season

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2005, 09:13 AM »
King of the suckers they'd be calling you  :roflmao:

Yeah,some legacy i'd be leaving for my family!-The Sucker King!!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

PIKEGUY

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2005, 10:22 AM »
I probably hold the record for most days without a fish. lol

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:37 PM »
I probably hold the record for most days without a fish. lol

:roflmao: :clap:

I guess my record is the most minutes staying on the ice when I was supposed to leave before my fishing buddies dragged me off ;D
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2005, 04:41 PM »
  Sure you'd say something like "Wow that's a big ass sucker?" but you're probably not going to weight it or keep it.  Still would be cool to be the "sucker record holder"  LOL!!  King of the suckers they'd be calling you  :roflmao:
[/quote]

Your Killin' Me Slipbob :woot:

billybono

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:05 PM »
i own the world record for most keystone lights consumed in one sitting.....holding at 36 :)

billybono

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Billybono-Ihope you weren't in one of the RIVERS when you accomplished that feat. I guess we would have heard about that on one of the local news channels. :roflmao:

billybono

« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:32 PM »
well after i set the record......... i set my personal sleep record and personal vomit record......thank god i didnt break my personal beer goggle record/wieght

billybono

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2005, 06:35 PM »
If yor married.....may she never know ;)

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:57 PM »
Yes. I have the colorado catch and release gill record (12.5") Have caught many larger though and should break that record next year.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/fishing/Awards_and_Records/release_records.asp

I tied the bullhead record once as well.

slayerfish, I also could have the colorado record white sucker. Caught whites up to 6 pounds. Could also have the whitefish record. Probably the bullhead as well. I caught the record green sunfish at age 8, but was stupid, kept it, and ate it. I didn't know the difference between a gill and a green sunfish then and thought that since my "gill" was 2 pounds 2 oz it was smaller than the 2 lb 4 oz gill. However, it trumped the current record green sunfish of somewhere around 1.5 pounds I think (not sure exactly what the record is). Caught it out of duke lake in 1997 on a worm under a bobber. Many anglers break the rainbow record in colorado (I have have caught a couple of them in the midteens but never 19 pounds 10 oz, although I have lost one fish that would've broken that a couple years ago on the colorado river, if it was a pure strain bow and not cutbow.) I hear many people bring big bows in that are the record fish but since they are not pure strain (they are cutbows) they deny them the record. Do you know if that is true or just heresay? I'm sure you also heard of the 25 pound bow out of rifle gap some years ago, and they guy thought it was a laker, kept it, and ate it. lol.
Slayer, at least you and I throw back record suckers!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline chubking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2005, 07:56 AM »
I catch more chubs inthe state of IOWA than anyone.Show me a place to catch Smallmouth Bass.And I will show you all the chubs in that hole.So I am the self made CHUB KING OF THE WORLD!!PS AN proud of it.CHUB KING TEAM ICEHEAD
TEAM ICEHEAD

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2005, 08:08 AM »
record blue shark on a fly rod

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2005, 11:51 AM »
record blue shark on a fly rod

i thought it was a record blue fly on a shark rod!!  :blink:

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2005, 12:36 PM »
i thought it was a record blue fly on a shark rod!!  :blink:
you trying to get me back for the perch pic?

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2005, 05:04 PM »
I catch more chubs inthe state of IOWA than anyone.Show me a place to catch Smallmouth Bass.And I will show you all the chubs in that hole.So I am the self made CHUB KING OF THE WORLD!!PS AN proud of it.CHUB KING TEAM ICEHEAD
lol. What kind of chubs do you have iowa?
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2005, 05:08 PM »

If you like chubs fish the Colorado River around Grand Junction Colorado with Chicken Liver or worms. All the ugly, nasty little vermin you can care to catch. And they are protected here which is dumb.
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2005, 06:42 PM »
i own the world record for most keystone lights consumed in one sitting.....holding at 36 :)

billybono

well your from NY so i know that isnt a record in this state, you obviously havnt fished with hali-man/devil-man he is the keystone king, 36 keystones on the ice to hiom meens its time for lunch :tipup: sorry to call you out mike but your the keystone king. im not saying i havnt drank over a case and a half on the ice but not keystone.

back to the subject, i dont even know anyone with a record, there is someone on MFF thats brother or something held the catfish record for NY but was broken shortly afterward. then theres my lying father in law who caught a 14 and a half pound bass out of case lake in '95 and was told by the dec officer that was standing there it wasnt the NY record :cookoo: when our state record is only 11 pounds 4 ozs. caught in '87.

personally i could care less about ever catching a record as long as i get a bigger fish than my buddies when we are together, good natured ribbing and having a good time thats REEL fishing :tipup:

on another note, good luck tomorrow to all you NY hunters and next week to all you PA hunters.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2005, 07:09 PM »

DUDE! splurge a little bit at least.  For god's sake cheap beer is one thing but...KEYSTONE LIGHT??? God damn man :sick: thats up there with week-old chew spit and PBR.

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2005, 11:48 PM »
DUDE! splurge a little bit at least.  For god's sake cheap beer is one thing but...KEYSTONE LIGHT??? God d**n man :sick: thats up there with week-old chew spit and PBR.
10-4 to that..id rather drink 36 cans of lake water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.