New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: fishing on canadarago lake  (Read 82746 times)

Offline tgrm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: fishing on canadarago lake
« Reply #270 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Hey System Esoxman is down at Bibbick rd. for the week stop down and see him. Where is  Jeff Butler if he is around tell him to stop by and see Bender.
tgrm

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #271 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Haven't seen Butler lately but I'll see if I can swing over to the Bibik rd. ice sometime!  I'll definitely be out on my ice area, about a mile north of there, just north of the isl.  Lets put together a co-op fishing day

Offline backwoods boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I was fishin
« Reply #272 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:44 PM »
how do u upload a photo i cant figure it out.

tightwad

« Reply #273 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Hows the ice holding up down there on cando

Offline backwoods boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I was fishin
« Reply #274 on: Feb 07, 2012, 02:45 PM »
havent been there.

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #275 on: Feb 07, 2012, 03:08 PM »
lots of ice - 6-8" once you get past the thinner shore ice.  bring a  plank

tightwad

« Reply #276 on: Feb 07, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Thanks for the info looks like some cold temps at night and Saturday its not supposed to come out of the teens ;)2.Maybe it will tighten up these shorelines so planks don't have to be used thanks again.

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #277 on: Feb 07, 2012, 04:48 PM »
No prob TW - lows for the next 3 nights are below 20, next 3-4 below 10, that will freeze up any soft spots in time for next weekend

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #278 on: Feb 07, 2012, 04:55 PM »
(Image removed from quote.) Yes it was agreat day on the lake and this is on of the monsters LOL
Now that is a perch! wtg.. I was just going to ask someone to start posting some of those canadaroga perch here ;D

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #279 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:09 PM »
I could have posted the whole bunch in a small picture with the size of those i caught, might try another spot tomarrow, and c if i can catch another bunch to throw back. I wouldnt even go but i live so close and it gets me out of the house

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #280 on: Feb 07, 2012, 09:23 PM »
I could have posted the whole bunch in a small picture with the size of those i caught, might try another spot tomarrow, and c if i can catch another bunch to throw back. I wouldnt even go but i live so close and it gets me out of the house
Wish it weren't so far for me, it is just full of dinks,, it could be nick named canadadinka lk. :P gl tomorrow

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #281 on: Feb 08, 2012, 06:41 PM »
You right, how bad is this i live here and wanted to go out but just couldnt even bring myself to go there today. Even thought of going to another spot i know holds big perch, but just couldnt do it, how bad is that

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:19 PM »
You right, how bad is this i live here and wanted to go out but just couldnt even bring myself to go there today. Even thought of going to another spot i know holds big perch, but just couldnt do it, how bad is that
It is a fun place when conditions are right and you hit the big schools. they have to be in the lake for  the proof is there are so many little ones. Again, wish gas wasn't so expensive, I'd do the four hr trip and stay over with this balmy weather if I hadn't a closer place that still interests me. I still have yet to catch any showoff  fish pics  ..you should enjoy it out there if and when the weather is warm. Sometimes that is when all the big humpies start showing up :o gl and hope you have fun up there.

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #283 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Kowboy get out there! I heard from 3 guys today that bigger perch were active - BigJim hit em hard near the island.  I'm out there after work tomorrow

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #284 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:01 PM »
Kowboy get out there! I heard from 3 guys today that bigger perch were active - BigJim hit em hard near the island.  I'm out there after work tomorrow

I did hit 'em today! Actually stopped counting at 115 perch! The action was non-stop! I spent 2 1/2 hours just on 1 hole! True most were dinks, but there were some good fish to be had. It's all fun when you are catching lot's of fish! I brought home 7 very nice fatties, all others were released. Also got a 21" pickerel out of the same hole 5 minutes after I started fishing, on a #10 glow football jig/spike! Can't believe I got him through the hole on 4# test! I was sight fishing and did see some slammer perch mixed into the schools, but they just sniffed and kept on swimming. The 7 good ones I kept were full of 1" long bait fish, alevives from the look of them. I think the bigger slob perch are just filled right up with bait, so why hit a jig that looks a little fishy!
   I used glow orange and glow green football jigs, size 8 and 10, tipped with spikes, Gulp spikes, or waxeys, didn't matter. Also 1" Blue Tiger Hali jigs tipped the same way, they all worked today! My fishin' buddy was hitting them using Mike's Orange Salmon Eggs, they worked OK, but I think the spikes were the ticket today. He got 25+ in about 1 1/2 hours.
  Met Esoxman out there this morning, great finally meeting you! Hope you did well out there. too! "Flanny" didn't fish today, he was cutting firewood!
  I will most likely be back out there again tomorrow sometime. Same area. Supposed to be a real nice day!

BIGJim223

Offline arcticicejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #285 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:18 PM »
nice guys! glad  you guys r getting them! headed to oneida in the am! ill let you know if we find any slobs out there!

Offline bahfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #286 on: Feb 08, 2012, 09:38 PM »
Good job Jim and thanks for info. I take it the water has cleared up, last Saturday it was too cloudy to sight fish. Hope to get out again soon, so leave a few for me lol. gl and enjoy  ;D

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #287 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Had a pretty good afternoon on my Cando.  Went in around 2:30 out at 6.  Caught many perch and as usual, 90% were dinks.  Towards dark I did have several real nice ones - not 14"'ers but solid 11's.  Set tip ups with emerald shiners along an underwater finger that went from 24' up to 15', jigged at the crest over 8', then tip ups off the other side in the 25+.  Really thought that would be a killer night time spot as it leads to shallow weeds water, but had no predators by dark.  Some guys in the shallows were kept busy pulling 8" perch off of fat heads under tip ups.  Colder than I expected with that sun, and windy!  Will be out tomorrow night lookin for the nite time predator bite. 

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #288 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Good job system. Me and the gf went out today and we had to catch over 300 perch and we kept 8 and they were in the 10 inch range. Just pathetic i had tipups out and did manage 2 nice perch on them. We were double fisting them for hrs and just couldnt get any size to any of them. Did talk to aguy who fishes the lake ALOT  antd he said hes heard of 1 waldo, r u kidding me. All in all though it was agreat day on the lake. I did take about aminute video of my gf pulling up fish as fast as she could put it down we watched it it ws pretty good

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #289 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:16 PM »
anyone ever fish the south end. i heard you can really get into the gills down there.

Offline Esoxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Certified Bait is ridiclus
« Reply #290 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Yes sir boyz Big Jim Hello system missed u 2 full dayz on Cando down south end today 2 flags 29 inch 7lbs wally missed the second snapped my leader material 36 lb test BOA.Good head jerk bing!!!.Never saw so many Dings went around the whole lake twice. No papa coon dog or nothernmadness did meet acouple jerks not liken my location very unfriendly.Off To Lauderdale 2 dayz.Hitem Hard cath on Weds hopefully.
Ice Fish only, stricly targeting Esox lucius and Masquinongy, everything else is just bait.

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #291 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Nice Esox - you get that walleye in??  Heard you met Bigjim, he's hard to miss!  I don't get down to the south end much, ought to though.  Kowboy - good fish have been hard to come by.  I've been looking shallow and deep, along the east side no luck.  Going to spend some more time off the island this weekend.   Tip Ups haven't been worth the bait lately...

Offline northernmaddness

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #292 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:10 PM »
esoxman- if u were the one on the wheeler yesterday then you met a few of my buddies. they were fishing between launch and beach. i was on the canal instead. ended up with 2 nice 13" perch and a few 10".

Offline Karas3434

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #293 on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:43 PM »
got into the big perch late fall on the boat here (got 4 16's and atleast 20 over 10) where do they go in the winter? Been wanting to make a trip here but not worth the drive to catch the dinks...

Offline bahfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #294 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Fished west side north of boat launch this afternoon. Didn't get there till almost 3 and fished till dark. They started biting good at 4 and I ended up with 16 keepers ranging from 10 to 12". Must have thrown back at least double that in dinks. Had a good time and brought home supper  ;D    happy fishin'

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #295 on: Feb 10, 2012, 05:17 AM »
I'm gonna head to the nrth end of the island today around 3-dark, if anyone's around, stop on by.  Lookin for waldos in deeper water

Offline Esoxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Certified Bait is ridiclus
« Reply #296 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:21 AM »
Tons of fun everyone.Caught the waldo in 14 ft on large golden shinner 7am as I was setting up.Go get em boyz see out there soon.
Ice Fish only, stricly targeting Esox lucius and Masquinongy, everything else is just bait.

Offline adksguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #297 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:16 AM »
best jumbo this year out of drago 13 just under a #
good ice, good buds, and good times that's what it's all about!!

Offline renbor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #298 on: Feb 10, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Thinking bout going on sunday morning is  there any issues getting on the lake?
will be going on by the launch .thanks for any info.

tightwad

« Reply #299 on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Hows the shore ice holding up would like to hit bakers or go off the boatlaunch?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.