Author Topic: Trout and pout spoons  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Tanner Nahulak

• IceShanty Rookie
Trout and pout spoons
« on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:12 PM »
Has anyone else heard about the hype on these chunks of glowing lead?

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Trout and pout spoons
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Most guys up here just spray old beat up spoons with rattle can green glow paint, and affix new hooks. I have not tried that, but they seem to do okay for burbot.

I have read about the Big Nasty, but never seen one. My favourite is still the dropped hook on any spoon, with a piece of pike skin on the hook. It’s either that or a green or red glow jig.

Ted

Offline Jiggle Jerry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Whats the weight on those big nasty's? I haven't used this in particular but similar. Don't see why that wouldn't work great, they look good.

I like it when the lure or spoon has some weight to it for burbs and pound it off the bottom. The Len Thompson Glow spoons are nice tipped with a plastic minnow w/ scent or a cod jig. Glow reflected tape is a nice way to glow up your cod jigs. I use glow in the dark powder paint on 1/2 jig heads and use my drill and a swivel to add on a blade for extra flash and noise...finish er off with a soft plastic or plastic power minnow and walla you got a pretty decent homemade burb bait (pic below).

Rattle glow paint, good tip Yukoner  :)

Offline Tanner Nahulak

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Thanx for the link Tanner, ive never heard of them, but look like good stuff..
Id like to jig a few off the bottom and try em out for lakers and burbot.
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2018, 06:48 AM »
These are great lures for not only Bots and trout but the smaller are great walleye jigs in low light. Yep they are made to beat the bottom with.  Of all the lures I have these spoons GLOW brighter and longer than anything.   BTW he makes them in his garage a real family operation.  I do put a bigger treble on them.   Im stocked with them for my last trip of the year heading to northern Manitoba Monday for prespawn Mariah's and trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.