Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Possible tip for those fishing on blue heron lake  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
Possible tip for those fishing on blue heron lake
« on: Jul 23, 2018, 04:31 PM »
I was out playing around with my new sonar, looking for structure, and in about 20 feet of water found this with sidescan:

I would like a second opinion here, but to me that looks like a sunken boat. And of all the water there, I managed to run my boat straight over it.

I will be back at some point with the aqua vu to further investigate, but I do know that is was by one of the spots where they put in cribs near the boat dock, so I might have mistaken the crib for a boat.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Possible tip for those fishing on blue heron lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2018, 05:10 PM »
That’s cribs imho, not a boat.  Regardless, awesome find.  Congrats!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2018, 05:54 PM »
That's kinda what I was Begining to think after looking up pictures of the Cribs they put in there.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Those are pallet tee-pees, I helped the fellows at Central Iowa Anglers group put them in a handful of years ago.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.