Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Iowa Great Lakes  (Read 9790 times)

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Iowa Great Lakes
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29, 2019, 08:33 PM »
SLOW day out on boji today. Didn’t see any fish while in millers or little millers bay. Caught one small Gill in 4 hours on smiths bay as well. Very finicky bite. Anybody have any information on where they’re at?

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:17 PM »
SLOW day out on boji today. Didn’t see any fish while in millers or little millers bay. Caught one small Gill in 4 hours on smiths bay as well. Very finicky bite. Anybody have any information on where they’re at?

With the front and weather that came through its probly a tuff bite. You can always try anglers on spirit, Emerson on west, and I think it's call minniwashta down by upper and lower gar on the south side of east.

Offline clm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:07 AM »
My son and I are coming up to Spirit on Thursday morning, fishing all day, spending the night at Kabeles and then fishing on Friday till noon.   Is it safe to bring the Ranger, or are the accesses bad?    Thanks

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:12 AM »
My son and I are coming up to Spirit on Thursday morning, fishing all day, spending the night at Kabeles and then fishing on Friday till noon.   Is it safe to bring the Ranger, or are the accesses bad?    Thanks

Just give Kabeles a call.  They are in the business of pleasing their customer, they are not going to misinform you making you a displeased customer.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #64 on: Dec 31, 2019, 01:51 PM »
Just give Kabeles a call.  They are in the business of pleasing their customer, they are not going to misinform you making you a displeased customer.

Good call. One other thing I would mention is to have a lake map or navionics with lake maps on the phone so you can see the points and know where to stay away/not drive over.

About once a year people drive out on/across Stoney point because the ice is thick enough everywhere else only to drop a snowmobile wheeler atv or car in due to thin ice. I'm actually suprised the DNR doesn't flag it off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.