Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Headed to Iowa  (Read 442 times)

Offline drewj323

• IceShanty Rookie
Headed to Iowa
« on: Jan 14, 2012, 04:43 AM »
Hey guys a buddy and I are planning on heading to the upper part of your state to do a little fishing. Want to check out Spirit, Clear anything else in the area. What I'm wondering is if there is safe ice on both of these?  We will be coming over monday night and leaving Thurs. Please let me know if it is worth the trip or should we look elsewhere for better ice. Thanks for all your help. Also looking to catch perch, walleye panfish so if there are any other lakes in the area worth checking out let me know

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
Re: Headed to Iowa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:14 PM »
l ast weekend before wind strom IGLakes was 6-8" thick and farmers bay on clear lake was 9-11" thick tough bite bring your cameras you can see them follow bait but wont bite very well caught a few nothing great. Finally got ice on some private ponds in southern iowa . Cant wait for all of them to be safe . Got 4" on some of them caught 9 gills today 8-10" great to be waking on water again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!                   Good Luck guys br safe!!!!!!!!
Never to many short poles

Offline Shane123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Shane Christiansen
Re: Headed to Iowa
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2012, 08:15 PM »
8 inches of solid ice on crandalls.  2 people fell in today around marble & buffalo on new ice.  west lake - smith, emerson,millers all have good ice from 6-8 inches.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.