Author Topic: Look at this fellow hoosiers  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
Look at this fellow hoosiers
« on: Nov 16, 2005, 10:04 AM »
http://wndu.com/weather/index.php#comments

It's coming fella's. Any guesses on when we will have the ice? ;)

Offline ice dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Look at this fellow hoosiers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2005, 10:43 AM »
It is snowing and 28 here right now. come on ice.  i will guess the week before x mas we will be on ice that is 4" thick. i'll get out on 2" in the shallows or close to shore.

Offline fishstix

• IceShanty Rookie
  • carp fishermen unite!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005, 11:06 AM »
ITS SNOWING HERE TOO!!!!!!!! :o....WONT BE LONG NOW!!!!!!
here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline jlc_hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spam America's New fad diet
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005, 09:42 PM »
I am hoping well have some ice around indy before Jan 1st like last year with the exception that it actually sticks around this time!!!
I use the 80/20 rule you need 80% of the tackle to catch 20% of the fish

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Actually seen Ice on some ponds today.  Tell me that dosen't make ya pitch a tent, if ya know what I mean. :o
Carp

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:39 PM »
I think I am gonna go stand in a bucket of ice water and shove ice cubes into a blender and them shoot them right back in my face.

Then just to make sure I am ready for the season I think I might go to Gander, buy an expensive pair of neoprene gloves and immediately stick one of em under the tire well in my truck not to be found til summer. Can you tell I need some ice?
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Tell ya what, I need to condition myself a little, cuz it feels cold out there brother..... have to start driving with the windows down, walking outside in the morning in the underware, get the ol' body used to the cold again.... This hot summer and mild fall and made me soft.
Carp

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2005, 06:48 AM »
Carp You big sissy, you get used to the cold if you plan on falling in any more.

Yes I remember, LOL
Better get used to staying wet too, go get a pnuemonia shot too.

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Ya had to go and bring that up didn't ya kid..... I knew there was a reason I was going to go on that diet.... ;) ;D

Carp

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2005, 08:02 AM »
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR,that 30 degree water has a tendency to get cold when ya go thru

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2005, 08:07 AM »
Sure, let's pile on Carp.....Jimmy your so darn skinny your worry isn't thin ice, it's falling into someones 7" auger hole. (LOL) ;)
Carp

Offline TackleTester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • sorry i'm late, fishing is more important
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2005, 09:31 AM »
I've honestly never been so excited to go ice fishing in my entire life....The anticipation is killing me.  I have access to Heritage Lake, and i hear it is fabulous ice fishing.  Anyone know where to ice fish on it or what to expect?...Thanks in advance.

I'd love to go ice fishing while I'm on Thanksgiving Break :D....Not gonna happen tho....Christmas Break maybe tho

Catch em up
Brian
CEO Tackle Testers International

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2005, 11:00 AM »
ill guess dec. 17th for first ice.  ???
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Tackle tester where are you from?
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Hey Gang!
  Hey carp no more falling thru and you all be weary of that Bass lake ice.  Me I am going to travel this year. I am going to be on ice in michigan  and get my game on line. I just sent my Marcum to Marcum tech for an upgrade.  Its getting that true color system put in it.  They are doing the entire upgrade for 49 bucks.  Now thats cool!
   I bought some of those ice rods from slick and stick in goshen and I used them vertical fishing for perch this summer.  Those custom rods are incredible and three of them for only $80.00.  Not bad at all!
   Carp if ya want to catch fish and stay dry  message me and Ill show you three of the hottest areas in porter county!  I found two walleye holes that are really cool and one big slab blue gill hole.  The gills average 10 inches and the red ears are 8" and are all thick!!  If Ya like rough fish I know where the GOAT heads are!!
  By the Way if ya want to catch Big Blue gill in the winter at Lake George try the cove edge by the High school It has been a strong producer over the years my log shows.
   50 days of ice 50 days of ice fishing this year!  Thats my new years resolution  for 2006!!!
  Da-Roc
aka Rocky Martin
 Porter county Indiana

Offline TackleTester

• IceShanty Rookie
  • sorry i'm late, fishing is more important
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Chapstick Charlie, I am from Indianapolis.  We usually fish Summit and a couple private ponds in our neighborhood and every once in a while we go up to Klinger Lake in Michigan.
CEO Tackle Testers International

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Hey Gang!
  Hey carp no more falling thru and you all be weary of that Bass lake ice.  Me I am going to travel this year. I am going to be on ice in michigan  and get my game on line. I just sent my Marcum to Marcum tech for an upgrade.  Its getting that true color system put in it.  They are doing the entire upgrade for 49 bucks.  Now thats cool!
   I bought some of those ice rods from slick and stick in goshen and I used them vertical fishing for perch this summer.  Those custom rods are incredible and three of them for only $80.00.  Not bad at all!
   Carp if ya want to catch fish and stay dry  message me and Ill show you three of the hottest areas in porter county!  I found two walleye holes that are really cool and one big slab blue gill hole.  The gills average 10 inches and the red ears are 8" and are all thick!!  If Ya like rough fish I know where the GOAT heads are!!
  By the Way if ya want to catch Big Blue gill in the winter at Lake George try the cove edge by the High school It has been a strong producer over the years my log shows.
   50 days of ice 50 days of ice fishing this year!  Thats my new years resolution  for 2006!!!
  Da-Roc
aka Rocky Martin
 Porter county Indiana

Roc,  I will take you up on that offer, if you really exist!!!  I told you before, you have stood me up more times than a bad prom date.  I've attempted to hook up with you for 3 years now, and still have never met you at a fishing hole.  You just  tell me when and where and I'll be there!!
Carp

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Carp he does exist I have seen The DaRoc.
He even has a cool modified sled too!

Thats right he is mobile as the book Mobile

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Come on now, You've actually seen the elusive "Da Roc"!!  I guess I just am not worthy!!  O.K. Roc let's get to fishing!!!    Come on ice... We are getting an artic blast up north here, so if that 50 degree stuff will stay way, we could be on hard water in a couple of weeks!!! ;D
Carp

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.