Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1623822 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16860 on: Sep 04, 2019, 05:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Prayers for everyone who was affected by Dorian in the Bahamas. Hoping my wife’s car is done today. Parts are in. Hoping they get the siding done this week. Electrician may not come till next week now.

Whopper Stopper, That’s great news that your s-I-l got what she was asking. Dealers never give you what you want. What did your s-I-l get for a new vehicle?

Ice Wanderer, I hope you have a nice relaxing day. How is your shoulder doing?

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today. God bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16861 on: Sep 04, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Morning all,

x2 MrC's thoughts and prayers for those affected by Dorian and the horrific dive boat fire in CA  :'( :'( :'( 

IW......good plan staying off the road today  :thumbsup:  thanks for the Oswego tip  :)

WS.....hope the water therapy produces some good results  ;)2  congrats to your s-i-l on the quick car sale  :clap:

IF45.....what car does Mrs45 have  ???  also what was causing the antifreeze smell  ???  been struggling with the same smell in my Cruze for quite awhile, don't want to pay a garage to mess with it tho at 125,000 miles  ::)

H2L.....hope you've been able to get on the water now that things are settling back down  :)

IFF.....still battling the heat  ???

Sad to report 8 hours on the water, no fish  :( :(  never had a hit, didn't mark many fish either, went from 80' to 150'  guess we didn't get to the right depth or something  :-\  did see 3 different guys reeling fish in congrats to them  :flex: :thumbsup:  pretty rough when we first got there, but calmed down and actually got hot by afternoon  @)  will be trying again soon, we will figure it out sooner or later  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16862 on: Sep 04, 2019, 09:21 AM »
WW still dealing with 90's for couple days, then maybe a little rain, which we have not had much of.  The tomatoes like it though.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16863 on: Sep 04, 2019, 09:50 AM »
WallyWorld, I’m sorry you didn’t get any fish. My wife has a Chevy trax. The coolant leak was somewhere within the turbo. At first they couldn’t find it but eventually they did. Happy it was under warranty.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16864 on: Sep 04, 2019, 04:35 PM »
I've been watching the news on the hurricane and now it looks like it could impact the coast of NC!! Look out Eddie!!!  :woot:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16865 on: Sep 04, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

OS hope Eddie doesn't have to deal with that :pinch:

45 hope all the projects you have going get finished up, I bet your wife is really anxious about the car. My s-i-l bought a 2019 Buick Lacrosse. It was a company car with 5000 miles on it. It looks almost like my old Buick minus the 12 years and all the dents :whistle: The sales guy said it is the last year that Buick will make that model.

Bud I hope the weather starts cooling down out there.

IW did they finish your street?

I spent the better part of the morning spanking the surface with baits looking for a musky. I had the entire lake to myself for a good 3 hours but it didn't matter as I never saw a fish. The s-i-l wants to come with me tomorrow so I guess I will try it again. It is supposed to be 10-15mph winds with rain going through around 10am, so we will see. After fishing I came home and mowed the yard, being it takes 4 hours that shot the rest of the day.

Time for a cold one and a test ride in my chair. I hope you all had an excellent day :thumbsup: Enjoy the evening and stay safe.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16866 on: Sep 04, 2019, 10:37 PM »
Good evening ,guess the rain weather guessers forecast for today bypassed my area or is stalled somewhere west of me.
Ice Wanderer how long until you can start strength  exercises for your arm/ shoulder. Guess you will not be fishing during next week's vacation. Did your town pave or put tar and chipped stone on your road.
Icefisher-45 did you get phone call saying wife's car is ready for pickup today. May you not have to wait another week to get back use of clothes dryer.
Wallyworld better luck with the salmon on your next trip. Understand you not wanting to pay a large repair bill on your car given it's mileage but I would have it looked at so you do not get stranded somewhere or do more damage and have no choice but to get a new to you vehicle.
IFF may you see some rain to help your garden and things cool down some with the temperature. How busy was the store this Labor Day.
OldSailor I've similar about Hurricane Dorian Eddie might have to cut his vacation short.
Whopper Stopper may your SIL get many years from her new Buick . Your do for a musky with all the time you spent on the water. You must have a large piece of property 4 hours is a long time to mow. Best to you and your SIL if you get out tomorrow.

Have a good night.
  Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16867 on: Sep 05, 2019, 03:53 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, They called about my wife’s car. They forgot to order a gasket so it will be ready today. Landlord found a new electrician who will be over this afternoon. People doing the siding didn’t come yesterday hopefully they come today.

Whopper Stopper, I hope you get out on the water with your s-I-l. Hopefully she gets many years out of her new Buick. They are a good vehicle. Hopefully you have a ride on tractor. You must have a big yard.

IFF, Hopefully you get some relief from the heat. Nothing better then fresh grown tomatoes.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16868 on: Sep 05, 2019, 05:24 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                      It's 48* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is in the forecast. ::)
                      Marv.........They put off the paving till today, we had thunder storms roll through. :cookoo: I hope you and Jen have better luck fishing today. :thumbsup:
                      Steve........They are putting down blacktop, they were suppose to put down a product called soft top but the company that sells it doubled the cost
            of it from last year, so they are just going old school. ???
                      I-45..........I hope the new electrician comes and fixes the dryer circuit so you can use the dryer. And the siding guys show as well.  :unsure:
                      Bud...........If I remember right you guys out there go through these high temperatures at this time every year, I hope they subside soon. :whistle:
                      My wife is coming home today, she remembered that she has a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow. I'll be staying in again because of the paving.
                      I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16869 on: Sep 05, 2019, 06:39 AM »
I better post so no one thinks I am missing in action. I have been busy trying to get things done around the place.

Turned on the furnace for the first time this morning. Chilly 44* out side. It never got above the middle 60's yesterday. I actually put my long johns on yesterday when I went fishing with the cold north wind.

I spent 6 hours on the boat fishing with my grandson. This is the first time we have spent together  since we turkey hunted when he was a senior in HS. He moved to Iowa and then to MN after he graduated. He is now 25. We caught quite a few perch the most of which were planters from this spring. We brought home 10, with the biggest being 10 1/2. The high light of the day was when I had a decent pike take a perch minnow on an Aberdeen hook. It was quite a fight on light tackle as it was a 30 incher. The grandson was a good net man. It was released. The wife put a picture of it on a site. She got an immediate replay saying that they hoped I had taken it home or killed it as the bass people on the lake want  every pike killed. Not me as we need the predators' to keep the gill under control.

We only saw two other boats on the lake in the 6 hours we were there. One was a toon heading to the launch to get pulled out. Then a bass boat showed up as we were about to head in. I have not seen that many boats fishing all summer. The high light of the day was the resident eagle was setting on a stump pile when we went out to fish.

IW Are the blocks on the wall helping with your exercise. From my experience the make the exercise easier. It is a quite passive exercise. Hopefully they can get the paving done today so you are not home bound

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16870 on: Sep 05, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Afternoon all,

TT.....good to see you posting, starting to get a little worried  :-\  congrats on the perch  :thumbsup:  glad you were able to get out and spend time with your grandson  :clap: 

WS.....hope you and your s-i-l were able to scare up some fish today and the wind/waves weren't too bad  ;)2

IF45.....hope Mrs45's car is back at home now and running right  :)  did the electrician show up today  ???

IW......night time temps are getting perfect for sleeping  :thumbsup:  did they finally get your road done  ???  the town just did our road last month, what a PITA for a couple days  ::)

MrC.....hope you're enjoying cooler, less humid weather these days  :)

IFF.....never would have guessed what crazy roller coaster temps/weather there is in Colorado  :blink: hope MrsIFF is doing well these days  :)

Eddie....fingers crossed that Dorian isn't shortening your vacation  :-\   be safe  ;)

Looks like tomorrow is going to be another early start to continue the search for a salmon or two  :woot:  we don't admit defeat easily  :roflmao:

Have a good rest of your night and a great Friday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16871 on: Sep 05, 2019, 05:45 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Yesterday I had my second Shingles vaccine injection. The lady asked if I had any reactions from the first dose of Shingrix, which I didn't. That all changed overnight when I spent the night going from a fever to chills along with a throbbing head. My s-i-l showed up at 5am to go fishing and I thought I would be able to go for awhile. The dang wind was blowing at around 15mph with gusts to 20mph.

I unloaded the boat and started paddling out when I needed to hang my head over the side and it didn't get any better. I finally paddled back to the landing, loaded the boat and came home. I slept most of the day on and off and still feel like it will be an early night. I told the s-i-l that she will probably be on her own tomorrow, so hopefully she will take her kayak out.

Not the fishing trip I was looking forward to.

Hope you all have an excellent night :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16872 on: Sep 05, 2019, 06:07 PM »
WS.....so sorry to hear you had a tough day  :(  get some sleep and feel better soon  ;)2

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16873 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Wasn’t to bad a day out. Supposed to be nice sleeping weather. The landlords husband came today and worked on the siding by himself. Electrician came this afternoon and is coming back tomorrow afternoon. He apparently is going to replace the whole panel. Hopefully tomorrow night we’ll have a drier. She’s on her way after work to pick up her car. We were lucky and God was watching over us. She had a oil change done and heater controls and a coolant leak done for 150 dollars. Both the heater controls and the coolant leak were under the extended warranty. They are covering the extra cost of the rental as well. She is trying to work her magic on a 01 dodge quad truck for 1500. Truck apparently doesn’t like hills and needs a tuneup. Not sure about the price. She wants me to have something so I can get to church and around town if I feel up to it. I am blessed to have her in my life.

Whopper Stopper, I hope you get some rest and feel better in the morning.

WallyWorld, That’s good you don’t accept defeat. Good luck tomorrow and hope you get lots of salmon.

Tom Turkey, Sounds like you had a great day with your grandson. Congratulations on getting a good size pike. That must be quite the site seeing a Eagle sitting on the lake.

Ice Wanderer, How are the arm excercises going? Is the ladder on the wall helping? Prayers that your wife’s appointment goes well.

I hope everyone had a good day and has a good Evening. God Bless.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16874 on: Sep 05, 2019, 09:51 PM »
Good evening, cooler day today felt good when outside. I was watching the Weather Chanel earlier Dorian is now off of South/North Carolina coasts hundred of thousands without power. Prayers for all affected by this hurricane. Eddie may you and the family not be affected by this hurricane  and safe trip home to all of you.
Icefisher-45 good to read your wife has her car back and the extended warranty covered majority of repair bill and car rental cost. Happy for you electric problem with drier will soon be fixed.
Ice Wanderer may your wife have a good Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Never heard of Soft Top for paving roads just glad your town did not go tar and chip route does not hold up for long and hard on vehicles until everything gets compacted.
Tom Turkey sounds like you had a good fishing trip with your grandson congratulations on the perch and northern pike.
Wallyworld best to you and Mr.WW tomorrow may you put some salmon in your boat.
Whopper Stopper sorry you had a bad reaction to Shingles vaccine injection may you be feeling better.
Hunts2long may all be well hoping your wife has not suffered a setback or your having medical problems. Looking forward to seeing a post from you.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16875 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 51* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             Tom.......The finger ladder is helping tremendously, I can get up the ladder to step 9 which is over my shoulder, I generally go up to step 7
                    then the next run I get up to 8, then 9. I am suppose to go up till it hurts then go back down then up again.  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:  Congrats
                    on the perch. :thumbsup:
                             Wally......Good luck out there today, where do you launch from. ???
                             Marv.......I'm sorry you got such a reaction from the shot, are the symptoms you have on the sheet they gave you. ???
                             Steve.....They did not finish paving yesterday, something about the plant breaking down and there was another contractor doing a big
                    paving job. It will be done today, actually I hear them out there warming up equipment now. :thumbsup:
                             Eddie.....If you are checking in, safe travels home from VB. :thumbsup:
                             Not much going on here, my wife and I are going to Old Orchard Beach on Monday, i hope Dorian is gone by then. So we will be getting
                    stuff together.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16876 on: Sep 06, 2019, 07:11 AM »
Good Morning Ice Wanderer and everyone else. Currently 55 degrees with cloudy skies 50% chance of rain this afternoon. Watching the Weather Chanel Dorian is close to making landfall in North Carolina over 4 hundred thousand without power in North/South Carolina.
Eddie if your still in Virginia Beach area have a safe trip home should see lots of rain and wind at start of your trip.
Ice Wanderer may the town's crew complete the paving to day. Glad the Finger board is helping you. If Dorian stays on it's projected track think you will be alright on your vacation.

I will check back later to read everyone's posts Have a good Friday.
   Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16877 on: Sep 06, 2019, 10:23 AM »

Good morning Steve, ER's again,
                         The town just finished paving, actually the county, the towns around here can't afford paving machines, so the county does the
                  paving, they do trade offs. It looks good at least for now. Now the town will come back and back up the shoulder with shoulder stone. :clap:

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16878 on: Sep 06, 2019, 12:48 PM »
Good afternoon, once again I have my TV on watching Weather Chanel I see Dorian made landfall around Cape Hatteras ,NC. earlier today still moving north east at 17 mph. Assume Eddie and his family are on the road home Virginia Beach currently seen wind and rain from the hurricane. Photos they are showing from the Bahamas are devastating .
Ice Wanderer good to hear your road is paved and you can get out and about if needed.
Guessing all the regular posters had busy days planned and might post tonight.

Have a good afternoon and evening folks.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16879 on: Sep 06, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Other than the continual wind, the temps are in the low 70's with sunshine.

Feeling a night and day difference from yesterday, I was all set to hit the lake this morning until I looked out the window and saw the trees waving back and forth. I called the s-i-l to see how bad she wanted to go fishing and she said "Not bad enough to fight this wind". So she suggested a quick trip to the shack to get my ladder stand in place. We drove in just shortly after first light and within a couple of hours we were on the road for home. All I have left to do is get it brushed in and prepare for some good sitting.

IW I never got a sheet. The lady at the pharmacy just asked if I had any reaction with the first shot, which I didn't. My wife googled it up and found possible reactions which I was lucky enough to bat a thousand on.

Eddie I sure hope you had or are having a great time. Can't wait to hear about the trip :thumbsup:

WW hope the salmon are treating you well :thumbsup:

45 I mow about 2 acres. Between mowing, trimming, and weed whipping I can spend 4 hours. If one of the girls help it's under 2 hours, and if I hit the jackpot and they both help we can snuff it out in an hour. I don't mind doing it so usually it's the 4 hour plan.

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon-evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16880 on: Sep 06, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Good afternoon again :bow:

I checked the camera cards and picked out a couple of videos to share.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16881 on: Sep 06, 2019, 05:59 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Weather wasn’t to bad today. My wife was home today. She said the car is running much better. Electrician came and changed out the breaker box. He said when he opened it it was sparking. That could be why we kept losing power. Will get the drier back on Thursday. He has to come back after the siding is finished. Something about the wiring not done correctly.

Whopper Stopper, Glad your feeling better and you were able to get your stand up. That is a lot to mow. But mowing can be relaxing. Thank you for sharing those videos.

Mr Clean, The weather channel is great for keeping up on the weather. It amazes me that they get paid to be wrong.

Ice Wanderer, That’s great the road is done. Hopefully you get to go out. That’s good the finger ladder is working.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a great night.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16882 on: Sep 06, 2019, 09:08 PM »
Sure didn't have to water the tomatoes, got 3.25" in the rain gauge

WW  Mrs still plodding along.

Now its pretty sure bet the Parker Gander Outdoors will never open now.  I may hang on until October and hang it up.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16883 on: Sep 07, 2019, 05:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 50* out and mostly cloudy. ::)
                            Marv........Good idea not trying to fight the wind. Getting your tree stand up is an important project. :flex:  4 acres is a lot
                   to mow. I mow an acre with a push mower and takes me an hour.  :thumbsup:
                           Bud..........I'm sorry to hear that the store might not open. :( You said you would hang it, does that mean full retirement?
                           I-45......... A sparking electric panel isn't good you are lucky a fire didn't break out. :o
                           Steve........The new pavement is nice to drive on, I don't have to dodge potholes. :woot:
                           I mowed my lawn, one handed yesterday, I needed to get some more exercise than just walking up and down my road.
                           Today my wife will be making her zucchini salsa, she finally has enough from her garden, also I see she has a pile of beans and cucumbers
                  Looks like she will be busy.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16884 on: Sep 07, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....bet your house is going to smell wonderful today  :thumbsup: :clap:  we usually go out of Mexico Point, once in awhile out of Wright's Landing in Oswego  :)

IF45.....glad your landlord got the electrical issue fixed before a fire broke out  :o  did Dorian do any damage out your way last night  ???

WS.....glad you're feeling better, must be a pretty potent shot  :blink:  I've only had the old style 1 and done vaccine, probably need to look into the new one  ::) 

Eddie.....hope you're safely home or on your way  ;)  looking forward to the vacation report  :woot:

MrC.....hope you weren't in the line of fire as Dorian passed thru  :-\

H2L.....fingers crossed all is ok in your neck of the woods sir  :)

Got on the water right at sunrise yesterday, beautiful morning  @)  lots of boats heading out. Ran out about 5 miles into 90 fow and got set up, started the long haul out towards 200 fow. Had a fish hit as we hit 100'  :thumbsup: 

22" brown, not what we're looking for, but at least we got the skunk off  :clap: :woot:
kept heading out deeper, wind was starting to pick up off the shore. At 175' about 8 miles out, we decided it was just too darn rough so picked up and turned back......met face to face with 5 & 6 foot waves  :o :o (NOAA wave forecast was for 1 foot or less  :unsure:) not a pretty sight in a 17" boat  :nono: made our way SLOWLY back to the 90 fow area where the waves had settled to 2 & 3 footers decided to tough it out and hope the wind/waves would settleas the morning progressed. Set up again and headed back out, another fish on in 100'

21" brown  ;D, still not the target fish  :-\ 
Made the troll out to about 180 fow w/o another hit  :(  turned back and fished our way back to 90 fow, no more hits  :'(  Agreed we had been bounced around about enough for one day picked up and got back to shore. No skunk this time but still no salmon  :-\  Till next time.....

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16885 on: Sep 07, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

56 degrees rain moving in tomorrow.

IW did they mill the old street or just do an overlay?

Not a lot going on here today. We are meeting one of my nieces for lunch later as her and her husband are passing through.

I am on my phone this morning and it is causing me to pull my hair out so I am done lol

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16886 on: Sep 07, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Got some heavy rain last night and still windy keeping it nice out at 59*. We are fortunate we didn’t get really hit by Dorian. My wife is working this weekend. Bad early morning with my headache and still can’t stand for very long.

Whopper Stopper, Have a good lunch with your niece and her husband.

WallyWorld, You’ll get the target fish next time. Beautiful fish. Thank you for sharing.

Ice Wanderer, That was good excercise mowing. That’s good you don’t have to dodge potholes. Never had Zucchini Salsa does sound good.

IFF, The tomato plants must be happy with the rain. I’m sorry the store didn’t happen. Are you going to retire? Prayers for you and your wife.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16887 on: Sep 07, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Good day, sunshine  and blue sky heading to the seventies for today's high temperature. Starting around 7:30 last night saw some light rain looked like it was ending when I headed for bed at midnight. Thankful most of the Eastern U.S. coast did not see major problems from Hurricane Dorian. May Nova Scotia see little damage from the hurricane as it heads that way. I wanted to post last evening but had no internet or phone service(bundle package) thankfully both are back as of this time.
Whopper Stopper glad you are over your reaction to the Shingles vaccine I would make a note of what things in the vaccine or medical conditions you have that together caused your reaction and ask questions before getting any other vaccinations. To bad you could not fish but at least your tree stand is now in place for the WI. deer season. Have a nice lunch with your niece and her husband.
Icefisher-45 happy to hear the wife's car is running good after the repairs. Glad the breaker box is replaced and you notified landlord in time and suffered no fire from the problem. Little worried by electrician's incorrect wiring comment may it be easy to correct when he returns next week. Hope your headache does not last all day.
Ice Wanderer good to read the county/town crew did a good job on your road enjoy the smoother ride. Also should be easier fro them to plow this Winter. Good to hear the wife's garden finally produced enough zucchini to make her salsa. Looks like Dorian did not spoil your vacation next week.
IFF happy you received the rain your tomatoes needed have the temperatures dropped any out there in past few days. Sorry for you and others that the Parker,Colorado Gander Outdoors will not open. Do you plan on retiring from work or will you look for another part time job. Nice to read Mrs.IFF is doing well.
Wallyworld sorry you did not catch any salmon but avoided  the skunk with two nice trout. Those waves would have done me in given my motion sickness problems.
Eddie may you be close to or at home and have no interesting travel stories to tell us about the trip home. Loking forward to any pictures you post of the vacation.
Hunts2long don't think I missed reading that you and the wife were taking a trip somewhere so hope all is good and just some type of computer problem is keeping you from posting.
Tom Turkey may all be well with you and the family. How is the bathroom work going almost finished with the project.

Have a great Saturday. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16888 on: Sep 08, 2019, 04:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 49* here on my hill. ::)
                          Wally........Not the salmon you were looking for but nice fish, catching any type is the best thing, looks like it was a nice day out. :thumbsup:
                          Marv........They did not mill the road and that bothers me, usually they do, I guess they're trying to save money. Also when private companies
                 pave over old road they put down a tackcoat but the county doesn't. What can happen water can get down between the two layers and freeze which
                 will cause separation. One guy from the county said that the blacktop being so hot melts in to the old top? ???
                          Steve......I guess New England lucked out and only got a little rain from Dorian. :thumbsup:
                          I-45........It's a good thing that your wife had the extended warranty, that would have been an expensive fix. :whistle:
                          Today will be get ready day for our vacation to Old Orchard Beach. I talked to the nurse at the VA on Friday, I am not suppose to submerge
                the wound so I can only go in to the hot tub up to my waist, same withe pool. Oh well so is life.
                          My shoulder feels better everyday, last night when I did the finger walk, the first time I walked up to step 8, the to 10 by the third climb. :flex:
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing or scouting hunting areas.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16889 on: Sep 08, 2019, 05:52 AM »
Morning all,

IW......glad the shoulder's improving every day  :flex: :thumbsup:  safe travels and have a great vacation  ;)2

MrC.....only time I've ever gotten sea sick was while on a charter boat in Alaska during a storm  :sick:  no fun  :(

Eddie.....hope you're home getting rested up for going back to work  ;D

TT.....hope the bathroom redo is coming along as planned  :)  have you met your new neighbors yet  ???

IFF.....sorry to hear Gander's not opening  :(  maybe fishing can be your new full time gig  ;)2

Not much happening today, a trip to fishing camp to mow and start getting it ready to close up for the winter  ::) 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.