Author Topic: Anyone tried getting out yet?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
Anyone tried getting out yet?
« on: Feb 03, 2023, 01:41 PM »
I just got back to South Bend this afternoon. Wife had surgery in Detroit yesterday. I saw people on some lakes north of the border.

I checked a couple lakes on the way home and they were froze over. No tracks to be seen. It was Stone Lake in Cassopolis, MI. And Diamond Lake in Edwardsburg.

I called Potato Creek park and they told me that people were getting out by the nature center and the east boat launch. Ice isn't very thick there though.

Does anyone have any idea if anything else is walkable? Chain o Lakes in Lydick? Pleasant in Lakeville? Simonton in Elkhart? Or anything else in the area?

I might try to get out tomorrow or Sunday if the wife is doing OK by then.

PMs are welcome!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone tried getting out yet?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2023, 07:17 PM »
Got home from work around 5pm this afternoon and while kicking off my boots I saw a few peeps venturing around. Walked out on my channel yesterday and didn't like the sound of it. Tomorrow morning it should be good but unfortunately I'll be working. Hopefully I'll be able to get out for a short time in the afternoon. Northcentral Indiana area.

Offline Foxinfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2023, 07:47 PM »
I know people have been on both pleasant and Simonton. Fishing has not been good.

Offline bherr24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2023, 11:36 PM »
Got out tonight. Hit a lake in fulton county that i typically struggle on. Did pretty good. Found em in 13 feet and they were biting. Left with about 15 nice gills and a couple crappie.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2023, 08:55 AM »
Very nice!

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2023, 09:03 AM »
I got out on a local area, 4 to 5 inchs. Had very few followers no takers. Set on my bucket for 3.5 hrs  but I did get to try out my new Korker boots and striker float suit and was very pleased. Only my fingers got cold at the end , need to find my big mittens lol.

Tom

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2023, 10:47 AM »
Most lakes at chain of lakes in Albion are accessible .I fished Norman and mud way too crowded.also fished round lake at tri lakes no marks no takers with exception of nice fat bass caught on mud.Going to try wawasee and check shock lake on the the way up there tomorrow.Pretty dead for me oh well still good to get out

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2023, 11:00 AM »
Most of Lagrange co lakes are good, bite has been decent some places and non existent in others. Had to bounce around a couple places to find a good bite.

Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2023, 01:27 PM »
Most of Lagrange co lakes are good, bite has been decent some places and non existent in others. Had to bounce around a couple places to find a good bite.

very nice!
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline chumslick2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2023, 02:34 PM »
I saw a few people out on pleasant Friday. It looked like they parked at the launch and walked across

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2023, 09:11 PM »
I finally got some gills and redears to make the fatal mistake and lightly hit my jig this evening. In 12 feet of water and about an hour before dark I started to pull a few off bottom and when they started to hover my jig I just deadsticked them and some would commit. Really had to work them and a lot refused, but I ended up with about twenty and some real nice ones I might add. Here’s a picture of the nicest ones. I got a new locator and am just learning to use it, looks like it’s going to be a great unit. It’s a Hummindird Ice Helix chirp 5 G3, today was the first time out and worked great. Stay safe out there! Hex

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2023, 05:19 PM »
Wawasee was good today at slip.I ended the day with a limit of crappie and 20 nice gills.Glad I took a chance and got my gear back out.Ice held up this morning but was getting soft by 1?this afternoon.If you venture out tomorrow be safe this may be it for this ice season

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2023, 06:28 PM »
I fished this morning nine till eleven and got seven nice gills and ears. Then went out this afternoon at 4:30 till 6:00 and only got five gills same lake and holes as last night when I got twenty, go figure, more lookers than takers. Ice was still in decent shape when I left and should tighten up with tonight’s 26 degree forecast. Stay safe! Hex

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2023, 08:00 PM »
Caught a small 16inch pike.  Missed  a couple of hits on my tip down. Saw a school of fish with my camera, but had very few takers. ???

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2023, 08:55 PM »
one last trip tomorrow...found some protected ice that held on!!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2023, 07:56 AM »
Found some hogs today, the River City Dart Shad was on fire!

River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2023, 04:29 PM »
Found some hogs today, the River City Dart Shad was on fire!

Doubt anyone is driving trucks on any Indiana ice this year  but those do look nice !!

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2023, 04:44 PM »
Hit wawasee again today and caught 12 nice crappie and 20 nice gills.Ewe might squeak out one more morning and then I think the fat lady will be singing .Be safe if you venture out!

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2023, 07:59 PM »
Nice catch there Garret

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 07, 2023, 10:20 AM »
Doubt anyone is driving trucks on any Indiana ice this year  but those do look nice !!

LOL that's a parking lot picture near Kendallville, even on my trip to Wisconsin last weekend there were only light trucks out..
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.