The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: WEATHEWR FORECAST SPRINGFIELD,MA. 30 day  (Read 6989 times)

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
WEATHEWR FORECAST SPRINGFIELD,MA. 30 day
« on: Jan 07, 2023, 05:03 PM »
The extended 30 day forecast from Jan. 7-Feb 5 shows ONLY two days were the  day time temp is 30-32.There are no teen temps or below that.This type of weather will not build any ice. I have never seen this type of weather in +70 yrs. of ice fishing. You can blame it on me.....I just got a New Electric Ice AugerThe guy up stairs does not want me to use it....LOL

Offline MassPikeAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Snag'em and drag'em
Re: WEATHEWR FORECAST SPRINGFIELD,MA. 30 day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2023, 07:45 PM »
Any experienced meteorologist will tell you anything over 4 days out Is just best guess.

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2023, 07:55 PM »
At this point whatever ice we do get, if we get it, will be short lived. Mb 2 months of good Ice if we're lucky. Time to start thinking of what to do with the free time.... open water fishing.
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2023, 08:03 PM »
Living here in Springfield it’s been a few years since I have fished on any trusted ice in the last few years.
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2023, 07:20 AM »
Living here in Springfield it’s been a few years since I have fished on any trusted ice in the last few years.
Well in Springfield, even if the ice is safe, doesn't mean you will be 😂

Except for 5 mile pond 🤣

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2023, 08:07 AM »
Well if one 30 day forecast is 2 much lets try another and compair World Weather vs. Accuwether. Both are about the same till the last week of Jan(poor Ice building). Then Accuwether differs and goes into teens/single numbers last week of Jan into Feb. (about time). Guys Please don't shoot the messenger...LOL

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2023, 10:26 AM »
...and in those 70 years a 30 day long range has never been accurate.  I hope you get a chance to drill some holes!
They definitely can’t predict if it will be sun, clouds or storms but they do have a pretty good sense for what the long term temps will be based on the jet stream pattern.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2023, 11:45 AM »
They definitely can’t predict if it will be sun, clouds or storms but they do have a pretty good sense for what the long term temps will be based on the jet stream pattern.

This. They are usually pretty good about temperature but most else is kind of a joke.

Offline Nofeesh4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2023, 12:35 PM »
My wife got me a popup shelter for Christmas. I used a gift card to get myself a mr heater. I spent the last few days tying up 2 dozen hair jigs...

The rest of this winter is going to be mid 70's and sunny. I've jinxed everyone.
I like everything in excess, even my moderation.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2023, 05:37 PM »
Yup, we’re probably going to have one of those roller coaster winters and have to ride it out and when it’s at the bottom. Get out and make the best of it while it lasts.

Offline Mikeski72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2023, 05:38 PM »
I smell what you’re steppin’ in brotha! I got a shelter too. I’m about to see if I can set it up in the boat!

Offline fishsluggos

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2023, 05:38 PM »
The extended 30 day forecast from Jan. 7-Feb 5 shows ONLY two days were the  day time temp is 30-32.There are no teen temps or below that.This type of weather will not build any ice. I have never seen this type of weather in +70 yrs. of ice fishing. You can blame it on me.....I just got a New Electric Ice AugerThe guy up stairs does not want me to use it....LOL

Hmmm... This could be a very interesting wager.

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:27 AM »
GUESS WHAT GUYS.......The forecast from Jan 7th is HOLDING. We are still  missing 6" of ice in the Ct. VALLEY. In the 1950's it would be close to 12".When I was a kid in the 1940's in East Longmeadow I use to run through the fields/woods all summer long in sneakers/cut off..fishing small brooks for brookies,dace.etc. If I did that NOWI would be covered with TICKS....I saw a picture of a dead moose up in Canada that died of TICKS ....Global warming..The Experts in Washington stated that when it reaches 3.0 percent there is no going back. The latest report on my computer 1/18/23 put Springfield,MA. at 3.6 percent....Not nice...not nice at all.I see in this group more and more "Ice guys" heading NORTH to find ice ( 1 1/2 hrs.).. Take care guys

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:52 AM »
GUESS WHAT GUYS.......The forecast from Jan 7th is HOLDING. We are still  missing 6" of ice in the Ct. VALLEY. In the 1950's it would be close to 12".When I was a kid in the 1940's in East Longmeadow I use to run through the fields/woods all summer long in sneakers/cut off..fishing small brooks for brookies,dace.etc. If I did that NOWI would be covered with TICKS....I saw a picture of a dead moose up in Canada that died of TICKS ....Global warming..The Experts in Washington stated that when it reaches 3.0 percent there is no going back. The latest report on my computer 1/18/23 put Springfield,MA. at 3.6 percent....Not nice...not nice at all.I see in this group more and more "Ice guys" heading NORTH to find ice ( 1 1/2 hrs.).. Take care guys

When what reaches 3.0%?

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:59 AM »
There's  definitely  no ice in the surrounding Springfield area, I took a ride yesterday and most bodies of water were wide open. I guess I'll  be going way up north again this  weekend.

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:39 AM »
SCOOPER 47......The expert rate GLOBAL WARMING in degrees. certain things happen in each degree. The biggest  happens around 3 degree... The huge bogs in the north in Russia, Canada, etc. that have prema frost start to melt releasing tons of CO2, methane,etc on top of the gasoline engines/ coal burning etc.. Does that help to understand it..Golbal Warming

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:38 AM »
“ The Experts in Washington ”

Yeah right. Hook, line and sinker.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:44 AM »
Are we looking at the same forecast? After the 25th is looking like a nice little cold spell. Should lock a lot of places up
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2023, 12:31 PM »
Here is one for the books.....I just saw my mail man delivering my mail in his SHORTS...Jan. 18, 2023 1:30PM

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2023, 12:35 PM »
Currently sitting on my bait bucket watching my rods and enjoying the 60 degrees here on the cape

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2023, 04:58 PM »
It's called natural cycle not global warming. There is 0 warming made by man. The media wants people to believe we cause it but we don't. 30 years ago the hype was the ozone layer now it's droughts and man made climate change. Every year is different this year is warmer then usual. 2015 we had 0 snow until the end of January but 18 inches of black ice before the snow flew in Central mass. We fished Thanksgiving to April. Complaining and converting to electric cars solves nothing just accept the hands your dealt.

Offline ice rambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:04 PM »
You can’t create or destroy matter only alter it. So you vaporize and react hydrocarbons into the atmosphere for 150 years or so, it’s all still there: didn’t turn into oxygen or disappear.  The last 150 years of vaporizing crude oil into the atmosphere would affect said atmosphere. I’m not going to stop driving a big truck, but I’m not going to lie to myself either. It is what it is. It expanded the world in amazing ways, but like a lot of things it had a downside.

Offline mrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:32 PM »
Do you want to buy my stuff since ice fishing is over

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:14 PM »
Well it’s unfortunately that the weather doesn’t always cooperate and get to ice fish in our backyard and have to make a choice. Do I travel and do what you to do or sit at home and complain. Sometimes it’s good to explore to see what else is out there and then come back come back to home base. And that’s what is happening with me for the time being and hopefully the cold weather will be back soon. Let’s hope the long range comes true.

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2023, 03:43 AM »

We are seeing changes here in ice conditions...the ice at the NORTH ans d SOUTH Poles have been reduced ....The CRAB MAN in the Bering Sea  don't have a KING CRAB season this yearThe last report from the Global Science people is +5.3 percent in CO2 (2021), Here are some more figuires....one car (average) puts out 4.6 metric tons of CO2 per yr....how many cars are there?????....Remember looking up on a clear day  seeing those white vapor trails of those air line jets...and average jet plane flight sucks up 200, 000 liters of fuel....equal to 500 tons of co2 and there are 150,000 flights per DAY  I don't know how much cCO2  is made from SHIPS<TRAINS>INDUSTRY. BUT if you think that is BAD there is a HUGE HUGE and ugly thingthat is starting to happen..its the METHANE locked in at the bottom of the oceans   . Its the same BUBBLES you see while you wade in a pond while fishing.... I think I said enogh...take care guys

Offline Reginald Bonz III

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2023, 05:56 AM »
Well it’s unfortunately that the weather doesn’t always cooperate and get to ice fish in our backyard and have to make a choice. Do I travel and do what you to do or sit at home and complain. Sometimes it’s good to explore to see what else is out there and then come back come back to home base. And that’s what is happening with me for the time being and hopefully the cold weather will be back soon. Let’s hope the long range comes true.

I am traveling to Hubbarston tomorrow. It's about an hour trip for me. Hopefully I find some fish able ice. Was planning on Rutland but, I will travel the extra 15min. for 2 more inches of ice
Keep those holes clean and smooth

Offline scooper47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2023, 07:47 AM »
SCOOPER 47......The expert rate GLOBAL WARMING in degrees. certain things happen in each degree. The biggest  happens around 3 degree... The huge bogs in the north in Russia, Canada, etc. that have prema frost start to melt releasing tons of CO2, methane,etc on top of the gasoline engines/ coal burning etc.. Does that help to understand it..Golbal Warming

Yes. Degrees.

Offline NCSnowDog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2023, 08:50 AM »
Plant a tree and drive 30 to 45 mins west or North. You’ll find fishable ice.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:02 AM »
There's  definitely  no ice in the surrounding Springfield area, I took a ride yesterday and most bodies of water were wide open. I guess I'll  be going way up north again this  weekend.

Not sure which Mass you live in as I have fished 13 times after yesterday and I only fish on very safe ice!!!You only shoot the messenger when he is wrong!!! I was on 7" black ice yesterday, and 6 1/2 two days earlier, all VERY safe ice without leaving Mass. To many people on their phones talking about no ice rather than in their cars finding safe ice and fishing...,thats the real problem!!!
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:45 AM »
Put a name (ponds) on all these inches of ice?? You live  to the east of the Ct. valley. It is 11:30 AM here an 40degrees with rain starting at 12:00..I got a history of going out to some of these minor ponds and catching very little. I am to old and to ice wise to go on to some unknown puddles I stick to the ones I fished year after yr.I feel real sorry for a guy that drives 1-2  hrs. an catches 1 fish.Ive been down that road hunting . fishing and trapping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.