The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Maine Winterfest and Chevrolet Derby 2008  (Read 16259 times)

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
Re: Sebago Derby- (I'll be the first to start)
« Reply #60 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:57 AM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  :%$#!:

Offline Osmeridae King

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:18 PM »
how do you know you guys are gonna catch anything.... a week away and your already bettin like that? :cookoo: :wacko:

They must just be that good.  Maybe some people got their entering fish already to go, Oops, don't want to start that again. :whistle:

Probably won't make Sebago.

Offline bbpinecone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:03 PM »
I have all kinds of stuff missing. ;D

I know for sure that you lost your pepperoni and cheese.  Bet I know where you can find it though!
 :whistle:  :roflmao:

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Don't worry Ryan, I saved some for you!  :roflmao:

Offline madfisherdude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »
hehehe never thought people might have their freezers stocked....hahahaha :-* :laugh:

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:21 PM »
Maybe some people got their entering fish already to go, Oops, don't want to start that again. :whistle:

Probably won't make Sebago.

No need to do something like that.....not really worth it.   It's not about the prizes, so much as it is whether or not I could actually win something.  I probably wouldn't leave without the snowmobile if I won that though.  ;)

Just as long as those NH boys that won prizes for thier farm raised rainbows last weekend at winni don't show up with something from the freezer......we'll be all set.

Offline Osmeridae King

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:29 PM »
I probably wouldn't leave without the snowmobile if I won that though.  ;)

If you don't want to bother with it let me know and I could probably be bothered enough to come down and take it off your hands.   :thumbsup:

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I know for sure that you lost your pepperoni and cheese.  Bet I know where you can find it though!
 :whistle:  :roflmao:

Nope that parking lot is completly snow covered now... Went by there Tuesday and you couldn't even get in!!

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:07 PM »
I am coming up the wendsday before the tourney. I am going to try the northwest corner of the lake. My uncle lives on the lake right before it goes under the bridge into what I think is called Muddy river bay. I was going to target Burbot Wendsday-Friday, and of course lake trout (Touge) as they are called in Maine during the tourney. If anyone could help me on what I need to do to set up my tip ups for the Burbot and Touge and what depths to fish at for them that would be great>

Thanks, PK

Offline madfisherdude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:09 PM »
pretty sure the parking lot will be plowed before the derby :cookoo: why park there??? gotta get there so early....glad i got some secret spots :tipup:

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:11 PM »
pretty sure the parking lot will be plowed before the derby :cookoo: why park there??? gotta get there so early....glad i got some secret spots :tipup:
You missed it :cookoo: had nothing to do with Sebago parking lot.....

Offline madfisherdude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2008, 02:13 PM »
oh well....glad i dont miss my flags :-* :-* :tipup: :tipup:

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #72 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:41 PM »

It's going to be your money anyway.......why do you think the wages are so high?  ;)

I don't think they're  to high, Maybe your wife might think so?? And i don't want to be the one taking it from you... I mean her :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
Re: Maine Winterfest and Chevrolet Derby 2008
« Reply #73 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Bought my family ticket for both derbies on-line last evening.  Not sure we're my family's fishing.  I might go up by the state campground for a little relaxation but I've caught nice togue in Jordan Bay also, just slower fishing sometimes.  Big fish everywhere and the winning fish came out of Jordan Bay last year.  Guys were set up near us and were a good crew to visit occasionally.  Sat with them during the awards and it was fun to watch the winner also pick up a door prize.  Think he said, "wife will never believe this".   ;D
     Good luck, will have the radio on, sure would enjoy seeing an IS member win big this year.
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline Derbyguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Parking Areas for Sebago Derby Weekend
« Reply #74 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:11 PM »
We are anticipating that there will be a lot of sleds that weekend due to all the snow. In Raymond we will be plowing by the beach and Tassel Top Park will be opened up for the derby. Over in Standish the White's Bros. pit will be opened up (Kudos to them for helping!). Also in Standish there is private & secure parking for a fee at Shaw's Acres off the White's Bridge Rd. You can leave trailers there all weekend and they donate some of the proceeds to Camp Sunshine.
By the way if anyone has a line on a tractor with a PTO snowblower to help us, please PM me.
Thanks

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
Re: Parking Areas for Sebago Derby Weekend
« Reply #75 on: Feb 14, 2008, 06:34 PM »
Will the station be open Tom?/ :-\
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline Derbyguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Will the station be open Tom?/ :-\
Yes, we get a permit from the Water District. That lot is in rough shape though.

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #77 on: Feb 15, 2008, 02:39 PM »
DerbyGuy: My uncle and I plan are out-of-staters and won't be in town until next Friday.  We have friends who live near Jordan's general store.  Can we register there?  Or should we register online and have the packets mailed to our friends place?  Thanks in advance!

Offline Derbyguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 15, 2008, 04:28 PM »
If you do it on line you won't have to wait in line but you can register there.
Don't worry about your packet. Keep your online confirmation and bring ID.
If you register before Tues., we will mail a packet.

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 15, 2008, 07:16 PM »
That lot is in rough shape though.
Your being too kind, Tom. ;)  The lot is in HORRIBLE shape.  Then again, I'm sure that the town plow crews are having a helluva time catching up from the storm.  Lets hope the town sends a truck down there when one gets freed up.

Offline thebrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "seize the carp"
« Reply #80 on: Feb 16, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Your being too kind, Tom. ;)  The lot is in HORRIBLE shape.  Then again, I'm sure that the town plow crews are having a helluva time catching up from the storm.  Lets hope the town sends a truck down there when one gets freed up.

I have a feeling that the water district wont let a town truck down in their :tipup:

Offline Got Flag?

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Sebago Derby
« Reply #81 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:31 PM »
the guy who won is the father of a friend of mine from auburn area.  He went through whatever the derby made him do and everything stayed the same..  his take on it was that there was people there were upset because he waited till the end of the last day to turn his fish in, and also he won first and also won the raffle for the snowmobiles.  I know someone on here was defending the second places guys oppinion last year, that the winner cheated, or didn't catcht he fish, even though i have seen the photos of him yardin the togue through the hole,  so I am not stepping on any toes when I say this, but the guy feels it was a "sore Loser attitude" caused the problem.  Since the second place guy I think was in first place the whole weekend until the winner rolled in at the end with the 9+ lb togue.. (which he caught sunday afternoon have you) But that is not against the rule, don't need to turn you fish in right away.  Its over, but I think because this was pressed so much in the public eye that the prize pool has suffered because of it..
ok so did he catch it and wait to wieght it in or did he catch it on sunday afternoon cant have it both ways got to pick one way or the other
A Good day is a day you come home safe.....

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #82 on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:52 PM »
he caught it sunday and brought it to the weigh in.. didn't go and immediately run over to the tote board but there is no rule that you have to do that, you can wait till the weigh in, especially when you are fishing far from the main station at raymond beach., thats how I understand it from my buddy, but we haven't talked about the derby since ahhhh, last summer, don't see him that often he lives in Bath and works all the time... :-\

Offline FishME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!
« Reply #83 on: Feb 16, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Over in Standish the White's Bros. pit will be opened up (Kudos to them for helping!).
Thanks
Whereabouts is Whites Bros. Pit? Thx

Offline Frozen__Nutts

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • So easy, a cave man could do it
Re: Sebago Derby
« Reply #84 on: Feb 16, 2008, 05:52 PM »
ok so did he catch it and wait to wieght it in or did he catch it on sunday afternoon cant have it both ways got to pick one way or the other
I have not seen the pic of the winner Yarding in that tougue,,,Could ya post it?  that would be cool

Offline Got Flag?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 16, 2008, 08:10 PM »
that pic should be all over a guy with that much luck to win 2 things in a big derby like that i would love to see it also..
A Good day is a day you come home safe.....

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Feb 17, 2008, 06:03 AM »
Looks like the weather will be good this weekend, and cold temps wed,thur and fri.  Maybe it will freeze up remaining slush.

Lindy

Offline ICEMAINEiac

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Feb 17, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Has anyone been up on the north end of the lake to ck ice conditions ??

Offline MoosePondFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 17, 2008, 08:46 PM »
I had to go in to Portland on Saturday from Bridgton. Figured that I would take a ride around Sebago and check out lake access for next weekend. Route 11 to 114 from Naples is a mess with ice heaves and the plows are running out of room for the snow. As usual the Lake is open water from Sebago to East Sebago. I counted approximately six/seven huts at the station and even more at the boat launch in Raymond. It looks like the Station to Indian Island and Jordans Bay are the most acessible but where to park? There were a couple vehicles on the ice in Raymond today and a number of huts. The Point Sebago road needs to be cleaned up too. It looks passable one way - I didn't check out the State Park access road. I imagine the Point Sebago road will be better by Friday but it still looks like its going to be a long walk to the Lake for those of us without a sled or ATV.  I usually avoid fishing derby's but I have family coming into town and they want to fish Sebago.
JAD
GO PATRIOTS!!!

JAD

Offline SENIORSEABEE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:31 AM »
we are allowed to fish 24 hours a day now, what time can we start fishing Friday night??  and can we fish all night Sat? Been looking but can't find answer

Thanks
Joe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.