The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Finding the Derbies  (Read 25345 times)

Offline pfd168

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Living the Dream !
Re: Sebago Derby
« Reply #60 on: Jan 26, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Depends on the ice Sticks... I like on the Frye Island side of the Cape but where we were last year was very productive also

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sebago Derby
« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:07 PM »
yeah, and quiet. we will have to see where beaver tail is thinking about setting up camp. he did alot of looking for fish out there this summer

Offline BITES ON

• IceShanty Rookie
schoodic fishing derby
« Reply #62 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:07 AM »
anyone fishing schoodic derby this yr?
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian act that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution."

Offline Danny Boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pêcheur d'Esox
Re: Finding the Derbies
« Reply #63 on: Jan 28, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Anybody know when the Lions Club Pike Derby up a Christies in the Belgrades is running?  I can never find a link online for this one.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Anybody know when the Lions Club Pike Derby up a Christies in the Belgrades is running?  I can never find a link online for this one.

Feb. 17th

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Feb. 17th

Looks like another Daytona 500 on the ice!!..... :tipup:

Offline slammin salmon

• IceShanty Rookie
crowells pond ice fishing derby march 8
« Reply #66 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:54 PM »
just wonder how many would be interested in attending it, plans are still being put together it is to raise money for  a school, i have some of the details but am waiting on some more, plz be patient with me i am trying to help set this up for a lady that i kno and have never set one up but have been to alot of derbies anyone with ideas to help it be a success plz let me kno ok thank.  more to posted soon prizes are still being determined.

rude the dude

Re: crowells pond ice fishing derby march 8
« Reply #67 on: Jan 28, 2008, 03:58 PM »
One pointer, pick a pond with some fish in it. (besides the breeders that get dumped there occasionally). :cookoo:

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:12 PM »
One pointer, pick a pond with some fish in it. (besides the breeders that get dumped there occasionally). :cookoo:

is that the best advice you can give the guy?? 

slammin salmon,

I think it's great that you're helping your friend raise money for the school, there's a ton of things you can do to make it a great success, and it doesn't take much.  Plug the fact that it's for the school and the kids and you'll double your turnout.  Focus your efforts on involving everyone, not just the lucky one's who end up with the biggest fish.

Visit your local bait shops and sporting goods stores for donations to use for either door prizes or fish awards.....inexpensive trophies will be cherished for a long time from the lucky winners.  you may even be able to find monetary donations from local businesses as well....gift certificates, etc.

No doubt, with some effort, you can make it a great derby for everyone involved...... :tipup:

rude the dude

« Reply #69 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:18 PM »
All I'm saying is to generate some interest  you might want to have it somewhere where one could catch something.  Maybe state wide and have the weigh in at crowells. I dont think many people are going to flock to crowells no matter what the cause.

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:22 PM »
a derby is alot easier to control and keep tabs on if you keep it to one area.  Slammin Salmon,  i know he may not want to read this but try and hook up with tbtool and ask nicely if he could give you a few pointers or set you in the right direction with getting the derby off the ground.  He and his little elfs ran an outstanding derby this year

Offline davefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My last name says it all
« Reply #71 on: Jan 28, 2008, 04:30 PM »
i might be interested in this tournament, i think crowell is a perfect pond when you are talking about involving kids, easy access and plenty of fish to catch (although not my choice in species they are still fun for the kids). with the right amount of advertisement and the support of a few local businesses i think this could be a successful fundraiser

Offline jeffG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Washington Maine Snowmobile club Derby '08
« Reply #72 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I'm taking the kids to the "Hill and Gully Riders" snowmobile club derby next Saturday on Washington Pond...anybody else going?? 

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Washington Pond Derby
« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Anyone fishing the Washington Pond Derby this weekend?

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Re: Washington Pond Derby
« Reply #74 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:37 AM »

The Sheepscot Lake fishing derby is this Sunday, I plan on fishing that one.  :tipup:

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:55 AM »
The Sheepscot Lake fishing derby is this Sunday, I plan on fishing that one.  :tipup:
Really....thanks for the info....this might be a weekend of derbies ???

Offline Danny Boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pêcheur d'Esox
« Reply #76 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:06 AM »
Feb. 17th
Thanks Gamefisher.  Is the derby on Sunday only, or is it a two day event?  Also, where does the average guy go to get information on this derby.  I've spent two hours on Yahoo and Google, only to come up with previous year information.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 29, 2008, 02:34 PM »
  Also, where does the average guy go to get information on this derby. 

Belgrade Lions Club Fishing Derby.....495-3880

Offline W8N4ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 29, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Theres a derby Saturday, Feb16 lower mousam 9am to1pm for kids and adults

Offline Danny Boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pêcheur d'Esox
« Reply #79 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:38 AM »
Belgrade Lions Club Fishing Derby.....495-3880
I appreciate the help.  Called this number and got the message that it is no longer in service.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 30, 2008, 07:50 AM »
I appreciate the help.  Called this number and got the message that it is no longer in service.

sorry man....I found it online yesterday.  :-\

February 17th.....all legal waters in Maine.....weigh in at Christie's store on rt. 27 in Belgrade

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/derbies_tournaments/icefishingderbie_2008.pdf

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Thanks Gamefisher.  Is the derby on Sunday only, or is it a two day event?  Also, where does the average guy go to get information on this derby.  I've spent two hours on Yahoo and Google, only to come up with previous year information.

It's just a one day on Sunday.  Weigh in at Christie's.  Maybe call Scott at Wild Things for better contact info?  465-4223  Good luck.

Offline Danny Boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pêcheur d'Esox
« Reply #82 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I finally got through! 

Thanks for all the help from gamefisher and fshnfool.  Fshnfool, nice to have met you at the Horne Pond Derby.  We had a great time despite the slow bite.

The Belgrade Lions Club Derby POC is Tom Kenney at 207-458-0779.  There will be tickets on sale at local shops before the derby, but you can also register Sunday morning from 0600 - 1200 at Christies.  Weigh-ins from 12:00 - 5:00.  First place is $75/Second place is $50 for each of the following species:  Togue, Salmon, Splake, Browns, Brookies, and Pickerel.  First place for Pike is $500, with a $500 bonus if it's over 20lbs., and $3000 if it breaks the state record.  Wouldn't that be nice. 

Hope to meet more of you guys up there.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:15 PM »
  First place for Pike is $500, with a $500 bonus if it's over 20lbs., and $3000 if it breaks the state record.  Wouldn't that be nice. 

that would be sweeeeet !!!

nice meeting you too DB.... :tipup:

Offline jeffG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:19 PM »

Great minds think alike...ya Im going to be up...Its a long ride but I gotta support the old home town thing 

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jan 30, 2008, 01:24 PM »

Whoa O4T - your not actually going to get them traps wet are ya? :o ;D

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #86 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Whoa O4T - your not actually going to get them traps wet are ya? :o ;D

So what are you trying to say???  :nono:  :pinch: :roflmao:

Yes, they're so dry I could use them for kindling wood.  ::)  I've got a spot I've been wanting to try and I'm finally going to get a chance to fish it. This rain is washing away my trail to the lake though.  >:(  Hopefully we'll get a little snow Friday to make up for it. Good chance for a Trout of some kind, theres some good white perch also which I'd be just as happy with - as long as I get more than one. It will just be good to get out. Are you fishing this weekend?

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 30, 2008, 04:07 PM »
So what are you trying to say???  :nono:  :pinch: :roflmao:

Yes, they're so dry I could use them for kindling wood.  ::)  I've got a spot I've been wanting to try and I'm finally going to get a chance to fish it. This rain is washing away my trail to the lake though.  >:(  Hopefully we'll get a little snow Friday to make up for it. Good chance for a Trout of some kind, theres some good white perch also which I'd be just as happy with - as long as I get more than one. It will just be good to get out. Are you fishing this weekend?

Will be out on Sunday with the family.  Still want to make it over your way at some point, maybe one day next week or the following?  Find us a hot hole on Sunday and GPS it for a later date......  ;D  good luck at the derby Steve, the Superiors will never fail you no matter how neglected :D.

Offline ilikebigholes

• IceShanty Rookie
derby info
« Reply #88 on: Jan 30, 2008, 04:51 PM »
anyone know of any derbys this weekend in southern or central maine. tkank you

:tipup:

rude the dude

Re: derby info
« Reply #89 on: Jan 30, 2008, 05:05 PM »
vasselboro fire dept. kids derby is this weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor