The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Finding the Derbies  (Read 25346 times)

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
Re: Is there a crystal tourney coming soon?
« Reply #270 on: Feb 28, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Im Game i guess. Ill be on the lookout for the big red Shack..Im hoofing it though, so if it's too far away, i may just end up on channel 7.  Ive never entered a derby of any kind..How early are the guys there taking $?
If you need a ride....I'm sure someone will be able to pick you up!!!

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #271 on: Feb 28, 2008, 01:01 PM »
wow 15 bucks???? Kinda high ticket price when it is to support a snowmobile club..  and not something like camp sunshine or even the GNG football team, and that entry was only 10 bucks..  :( might not enter, might just fish.  the prize pool has been lame in the past, someone PM me the info if you have more info on it.   Guess inflation is creeping into everything we do, cost is half of the sebago derby and that entry fee gets you into 2 derbies!
We are having our annual fundraiser to earn money for our scholarship that we give to a student at Gray-New Gloucester High School.  It will be held on March 1st at St. Gregory’s Church and on Crystal Lake in Gray.  We appreciate your past support and if you haven’t been able to help us in the past or haven’t been asked,  we appreciate any support that you can give to us now!  We give a $500 scholarship to a student who will be pursuing a degree in an environmentally related field.

Thank you for your consideration of supporting our fundraising efforts,

Hope this helps explain where the money goes.

Feeding birds, one pike at a time...

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #272 on: Feb 28, 2008, 01:07 PM »
We are having our annual fundraiser to earn money for our scholarship that we give to a student at Gray-New Gloucester High School.  It will be held on March 1st at St. Gregory’s Church and on Crystal Lake in Gray.  We appreciate your past support and if you haven’t been able to help us in the past or haven’t been asked,  we appreciate any support that you can give to us now!  We give a $500 scholarship to a student who will be pursuing a degree in an environmentally related field.

Thank you for your consideration of supporting our fundraising efforts,

Hope this helps explain where the money goes.

Thats great!! Thanks for the info......its always good to see that our money can help.....

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #273 on: Feb 28, 2008, 01:30 PM »

Thats great!! Thanks for the info......its always good to see that our money can help.....
It does go to a good cause and all the help is volunteers from our club. Just got some more info to share on the derby. Once this has been made official I will let you know. But this will be a good guideline to go by.

I believe the payout will be same as the last couple of years.

1st place: 50% of money's collected
2nd place: 20% of money's collected
3rd place: $25 gift certificate to Tailgates Restaurant

(30% of monies collected stay's with the club and goes towards our scholarship fundraiser for a local high school student)

Then we have a few door prizes we'll draw for, for all the ice fishing derby participants.  We also will have a silent auction, poker hands for sale (winning hand and worst hand win money), and a 50/50 raffle going on.  All of these prizes will be distributed shortly after fishing ends at 3pm.  The Rave X demo will go from 11 am to 3pm and the snack shack will be open all day selling burgers, fries, soda, coffee, goodies, etc.

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
« Reply #274 on: Feb 28, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Snowfun

Sounds like fun!  It's nice to see the $$$ is going to education and someone wanting to learn and work in the great outdoors. It also sounds like a great time. If there is a brochure going around have someone scan it and post it. If someone wants to fax me a copy, pm me and I will scan and post it. Black and white only.

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #275 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Snowfun

Sounds like fun!  It's nice to see the $$$ is going to education and someone wanting to learn and work in the great outdoors. It also sounds like a great time. If there is a brochure going around have someone scan it and post it. If someone wants to fax me a copy, pm me and I will scan and post it. Black and white only.

I just emailed you the flyer. I can't figure out how to attach it to a PM

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #276 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:12 PM »
guyz remeber there are rulz about posting specific info about derbies, don't want big brotha to remove this whole post...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Finding the Derbies
« Reply #277 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:18 PM »
 :-*

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #278 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:21 PM »

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #279 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:23 PM »
:-*

Sorry my bad, I need to take the time to read the rules I guess, My mistake. Sorry Scotty!

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #280 on: Feb 28, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Snowmobile Fish and Fun
CRYSTAL LAKE GRAY MAINE
WinterFest 2008

Poker Run & Fishing Derby

Saturday March 1st St Gregory's Church, Gray Maine

Ice fishing derby - Legal sunrise to 3pm
Snowmobile poker run 9am to Noon
Snowmobile rides
T-shirts
Food
bonfire
Raffle Drawings
Vendors & More

For more information please contact Brad Shelley (207) 428 3308 or [email protected]  He will give you entry fees for Derby and Poker Run!

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #281 on: Feb 28, 2008, 03:03 PM »
thats funny scott,  :o :angel

Offline FloatinWoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #282 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:40 PM »
If anyone sees the moron- with the 3 man ice cube portable-that showed up at the unnamed derby at 6am- still hand augering holes at 9 am- when they drive by on an unnamed lake for a derby-somewhere between windham, new glouster, and falmouth, That would be me. I offer some killer moose steaks to anyone that wants to quickly shoot a few holes thru the ice for me. Im starting to look like popeye with the Jiffy Jet. I did invent a drill attachment that works killer, but it died a cruel death tonight... ;D

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #283 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:54 PM »
If anyone sees the moron- with the 3 man ice cube portable-that showed up at the unnamed derby at 6am- still hand augering holes at 9 am- when they drive by on an unnamed lake for a derby-somewhere between windham, new glouster, and falmouth, That would be me. I offer some killer moose steaks to anyone that wants to quickly shoot a few holes thru the ice for me. Im starting to look like popeye with the Jiffy Jet. I did invent a drill attachment that works killer, but it died a cruel death tonight... ;D
I think I might be driving up a unnamed road near the same unnamed lake on saturday morning do partake in an unnamed activity. I will be more than happy to punch a few holes for ya. We will be the two guys in camo. One on an indy and one on a skidoo. Just flag us downDrop me a PM and I can give you more unnamed details ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #284 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:11 PM »
I think I might be driving up a unnamed road near the same unnamed lake on saturday morning do partake in an unnamed activity. I will be more than happy to punch a few holes for ya. We will be the two guys in camo. One on an indy and one on a skidoo. Just flag us downDrop me a PM and I can give you more unnamed details ;D ;D ;D ;D
glad your back snowfun,  I tried to PM you earlier today to respond to you and it came back saying you were not a USER?  MEMBER could not be found!  See you saturday

Offline FloatinWoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #285 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Shweet. Ill toss you some nice moose bacon steaks for breakfast. Im going to be the solo guy with the 3 man ice cube and an aluminum table set up across as you enter from the launch. If my head is in the 1 hole i do manage to drill, im betting i needed a bath, cause the unnamed lake has been slooooow. Keep it on channel 7 for more info......

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #286 on: Feb 28, 2008, 07:20 PM »
be on 7.... friday night pregame out at the red shack ;)

Offline Snowfun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #287 on: Feb 28, 2008, 08:12 PM »
be on 7.... friday night pregame out at the red shack ;)
Starting the weekend out early :clap: :clap: 

Offline mainedukblaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE CAMP!!
« Reply #288 on: Feb 28, 2008, 09:26 PM »
yessah, and also to beat the snow  ;) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.