The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Finding the Derbies  (Read 25347 times)

Offline MaineT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine, the way tax burdens shouldn't be.
Finding the Derbies
« on: Dec 30, 2007, 09:02 PM »
IF&W doesn't seem to keep their site updated.
Can anyone point me to a site that lists all the derbies around Maine in one place?

If there isn't one that anyone can think of, I will volunteer to maintain the list and keep it updated online if you folks could just send me the info for them. All I seem to get is a very scattered result of a derby here and there, but no good listing.

Thanks
Lloyd M
I caught you a delicious bass, wanna play me?

-Napoleon Dynomite

Offline Greenz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Finding the Derbies
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2007, 09:07 PM »
IF&W doesn't seem to keep their site updated.
Can anyone point me to a site that lists all the derbies around Maine in one place?

If there isn't one that anyone can think of, I will volunteer to maintain the list and keep it updated online if you folks could just send me the info for them. All I seem to get is a very scattered result of a derby here and there, but no good listing.

Thanks
Lloyd M

This is the only one I no of. http://www.maine.gov/ifw/fishing/derbies_tournaments/icefishingderbies_2008.pdf
Fishing, Flyfishing and Bowhunting!!
Not here for a long time just a good time!!

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing- what i live and die for
my new website for the derby
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:04 PM »
Thanks to Wickedgoodatv I now have a website for the derby.  Last week when i posted that i could afford to pay for someone to maintain my website for the derby, greg stepped up and said that he could help out.  He even offered to pay for the site for the first year.  Thank you very much greg, I owe you one.  The web site is up and running now

The site is www.icefish4kids.com

Offline wickedgoodatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: my new website for the derby
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:13 PM »
www.icefish4kids.com

No problem Todd.

Glad I could help you out.

Look forward to meeting you at the derby!!

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, and it's price competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2008, 02:16 PM »
that's great news todd......and kudo's to you wickedgoodatv for the helping hand..... :tipup:

Offline ricsess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2008, 06:41 PM »
i can't wait  todd   i'll be there   had a great time last year  for great cause

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Good job on the website.  Glad I looked, going to try and hit the derby, if nothing else to be in great company for a super cause.
Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline fiddlehead322

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Night time is the right time!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Printing out a couple of apps right now! Sorry I missed it last year. What a huge list of sponsors! Great work Todd!  ;D
Looking forward to some "crappie" nights!

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:06 PM »
added to favorites ;), can't wait

www.icefish4kids.com

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:50 PM »
WTG Todd and KUDO'S to Wickedgoodatv  :thumbsup:

Will be sure to get my ticket and fish that one!  :icefish:

Offline ttrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Nice setup, its great you are doing it.  The kids will love it.

Offline BADKARMA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SAY WHEN !!!
SCHOODICK DERBY FEBRUARY, ANYBODY GOING ????
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:18 AM »
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SEE WHO MIGHT BE GOING UP FOR THAT DERBY ?????

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
Re: SCHOODICK DERBY FEBRUARY, ANYBODY GOING ????
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:29 AM »
The lake needs to freeze first... Still Whitecaps as of yesterday :o

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:12 AM »
Just curious if it's common to catch trout like what I see in the pictures on this pond. I'm a little jealeous seeing everyones pictures from the past few days and seeing the beautifully colored trout everyone is catching. I've caught quite a few trout in my day, some in the 2-3 pound class, but not with the coloring I have seen from down south. The derby would be quite a hike for me, but I'd love to catch a nice trout like that and when better then a time when I can help out some kids as well.

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:27 AM »
Just curious if it's common to catch trout like what I see in the pictures on this pond. I'm a little jealeous seeing everyones pictures from the past few days and seeing the beautifully colored trout everyone is catching. I've caught quite a few trout in my day, some in the 2-3 pound class, but not with the coloring I have seen from down south. The derby would be quite a hike for me, but I'd love to catch a nice trout like that and when better then a time when I can help out some kids as well.

No its not common to catch trout like that on this pond.  I stock fish for the derby, this year should be anywhere from 45 to 60 fish, all in the range from 2 to 4.5 lbs. 

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:29 AM »
The maine ice anglers association has a list of derbies on there website

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:42 AM »
The maine ice anglers association has a list of derbies on there website
  The site is currently under major reconstruction.....upd ates are being made and new information will be posted as soon as possible.  ;) 

this is the latest list from inland fisheries

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2008, 08:19 AM »
nice. website looks good :clap:

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2008, 08:43 AM »
WTG todd...a lot of hardwork for a great cause................c an't wait for my pic this year........... :laugh:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline Bugman1964

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2008, 03:21 PM »
Here is the link to the sebego derbyfest2008.

http://www.icefishingderby.com/

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2008, 03:28 PM »
WTG todd...a lot of hardwork for a great cause................c an't wait for my pic this year........... :laugh:
Dave the only pic that would be on the web site of you is with a donut in your hand standing next to me.... ;D

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
k-9's for Kids/Howard Lodge Masons
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:51 AM »
anybody going to this fine Derby?  any other Brothers here??
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline macdaddyaxe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • live to fish and fish to live
Re: k-9's for Kids/Howard Lodge Masons
« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:16 PM »
i am a brother mason :thumbsup:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: k-9's for Kids/Howard Lodge Masons
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2008, 05:30 AM »
i am a brother mason :thumbsup:
Me to also Shrine  (indy unit) kinda just heard about this trying to get a few from the lodge and shrine club to go   also trying to find more details about it too
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Tim Obrey

• IceShanty Rookie
Moosehead Lake Togue Derby
« Reply #24 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:34 AM »
FYI, I thought you folks would be interested in this...

The Moosehead Lake Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the 1st annual Moosehead Lake Togue Ice Fishing Derby with Ricky Craven this winter.  The weekend fishing derby is scheduled for Jan 26th and 27th.  This derby will help IF&W reach its management goal of removing lake trout from the lake and raise money for some local and national charities.  There will be cash prizes for the 3 biggest lake trout: $1,500 for 1st, $750 for 2nd, and $375 for 3rd. Contestants will also get a ticket for each small fish they bring in, for entry in a drawing for other prizes.

There will also be 3 Grand Door Prizes (no fish required to win) including:

1st Prize: Ice Fishing and camping package donated by Indian Hill Trading Post: $1,200 value

- Otter Magnum Sled with hitch and cover
      - Heritage traps package with hooks and line
      - 22 inch Trap basket with outside cover
      - Jiffy 8 inch ice auger
      - Ice Skimmer and Plano bait bucket
      - Underwater 12 volt fish camera
      - Coleman camping package including tent, sleeping bags, stove, and lantern

2nd Prize: 10x10 cedar deck with rails donated by Moosehead Cedar Log Homes: $600 value

3rd Prize: One night stay donated by Moosehead Hills Cabins (some restrictions apply): $215 value.

You can check out the Chamber’s webpage to learn more at: http://www.mooseheadlake.org.  So come out and enjoy the wilderness setting of Moosehead Lake, assist IF&W in managing the lake, and help raise a few dollars for some of Ricky’s favorite charities

Offline JimmieDean

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Everyone Dies, but Not Everyone Lives! RIP T Ryan
Re: Moosehead Lake Togue Derby
« Reply #25 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:26 PM »
FYI, I thought you folks would be interested in this...

The Moosehead Lake Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring the 1st annual Moosehead Lake Togue Ice Fishing Derby with Ricky Craven this winter.  The weekend fishing derby is scheduled for Jan 26th and 27th.  This derby will help IF&W reach its management goal of removing lake trout from the lake and raise money for some local and national charities.  There will be cash prizes for the 3 biggest lake trout: $1,500 for 1st, $750 for 2nd, and $375 for 3rd. Contestants will also get a ticket for each small fish they bring in, for entry in a drawing for other prizes.

There will also be 3 Grand Door Prizes (no fish required to win) including:

1st Prize: Ice Fishing and camping package donated by Indian Hill Trading Post: $1,200 value

That is the same weekend as the Horne pond tournament, and the weekend before we head up to Moosehead.

- Otter Magnum Sled with hitch and cover
      - Heritage traps package with hooks and line
      - 22 inch Trap basket with outside cover
      - Jiffy 8 inch ice auger
      - Ice Skimmer and Plano bait bucket
      - Underwater 12 volt fish camera
      - Coleman camping package including tent, sleeping bags, stove, and lantern

2nd Prize: 10x10 cedar deck with rails donated by Moosehead Cedar Log Homes: $600 value

3rd Prize: One night stay donated by Moosehead Hills Cabins (some restrictions apply): $215 value.

You can check out the Chamber’s webpage to learn more at: http://www.mooseheadlake.org.  So come out and enjoy the wilderness setting of Moosehead Lake, assist IF&W in managing the lake, and help raise a few dollars for some of Ricky’s favorite charities

Offline Ice Time

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Mister Obrey-
Ive read where all those togue in Moosehead are causing problems for the salmon and this derby is part of managing that situation by thinning out togue.  Now that begs the question ---why not do the same with Moosehead bass? No doubt, thinning out bass would help Moosehead brookies. As a side benefit--- I bet a bass derby would even help salmon----bass eat smelt too. Not trying to cause a stir--- Im just sayin…. maybe Im missing something ???

Offline livinbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Mister Obrey-
Ive read where all those togue in Moosehead are causing problems for the salmon and this derby is part of managing that situation by thinning out togue.  Now that begs the question ---why not do the same with Moosehead bass? No doubt, thinning out bass would help Moosehead brookies. As a side benefit--- I bet a bass derby would even help salmon----bass eat smelt too. Not trying to cause a stir--- Im just sayin…. maybe Im missing something ???

They told us we couldnt have anymore bass turneys on the lake becouse of our boats would hurt the native brook trout.I still dont understand what the difference is some of the other boats have bigger motors than us?Most of the time we use our trollingmotors didnt no that those would hurt the trout and to top it all off we catch and release all the trout and salmon.

Offline soxsfan2003

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2008, 02:43 PM »
how much are the tickets?

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2008, 03:10 PM »
They told us we couldnt have anymore bass turneys on the lake becouse of our boats would hurt the native brook trout.I still dont understand what the difference is some of the other boats have bigger motors than us?Most of the time we use our trollingmotors didnt no that those would hurt the trout and to top it all off we catch and release all the trout and salmon.

The reason had more to do with keeping the bass contained to lily bay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.