The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Stolen Auger! :-(  (Read 1534 times)

Offline TogueHunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Stolen Auger! :-(
« on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:05 PM »
I just made the startling discovery that my Jiffy auger was ripped off right out of my yard over the weekend.
Partly my fault I guess for leaving it sanding up against my garage and not putting it inside, but was in a hurry and
didn't want to risk leaving it in the back of the truck. 

I guess it was just too easy of a target and too tempting for some scum bag... 

At least that was the only thing that was stolen, and nothing else was taken out of my garage, so in some    Yes it was over 10 years old, but one of the most reliable pieces of equipment I've ever owned, and never once let me down, and was like a trusted old friend.
 I doubt that I'll ever see it again,  but called the cops to file a report anyway.      :-[
Are you SURE it's safe to walk on? Looks questionable to me!

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
Re: Stolen Auger! :-(
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:07 PM »
I just made the startling discovery that my Jiffy auger was ripped off right out of my yard over the weekend.
Partly my fault I guess for leaving it sanding up against my garage and not putting it inside, but was in a hurry and
didn't want to risk leaving it in the back of the truck. 

I guess it was just too easy of a target and too tempting for some scum bag... 

At least that was the only thing that was stolen, and nothing else was taken out of my garage, so in some    Yes it was over 10 years old, but one of the most reliable pieces of equipment I've ever owned, and never once let me down, and was like a trusted old friend.
 I doubt that I'll ever see it again,  but called the cops to file a report anyway.      :-[
We need some of the same laws that the third world hell hole countrys have! Get caught stealing and get your hands chopped off!
Is it ice time yet???

Offline TOMMYPOINT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I pray that some day one of these idiots does this at the wrong time and pays the price!!!
ZERO TOLERANCE!

Offline MG39

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Without delay, make a quick trip to the local pawn shops in L/A and as usual check UH and CL. ;D

Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have Trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today & I Will Trust Tomorrow,
Maybe......

Semper-Fi

Offline tcfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:23 PM »
       Yup dirtbags   i've had several things stolen the past few years  canoe,treestand and boat gas tanks(full)         Just wish a few would be caught by the right people and dealt with accordingly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i ain't scared

Offline ctibbetts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:30 PM »
That totally stinks.  I saw a jiffy in the window of the pawn shop over in Auburn by 136- terrible with that area, but road to Durham/Freeport.  What part of Poland are you in- wondering if I need to set a stake out in the shed tonight.
There's no chin under Chuck Norris's beard- only another fist.

Offline TogueHunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:27 PM »
Good advice about checking the pawn shops, and I've checked Uncle Henry's and CL... several of them listed without pics.
 I don't have the serial number recorded, but I would recognize it in an instant if I ever saw it again.   Waiting for a call back from the Androscoggin Cnty Sherrif's dept now.   

I guess this is a bit of a wake-up call, and I must admit that I've become lax about not locking things up, like I used to. 
My house is a couple hundred feet from the road so the thief would have had to have driven up the driveway to see the auger.  Maybe it's time to put a little more thought into home security, making a record of all valuables and maybe even an alarm system.  When you live out in the country, it's easy to become lax about the security of things.  How many times have you left the keys in your wheeler, snowmobile, etc?    Time to regroup and think about this I guess.

Are you SURE it's safe to walk on? Looks questionable to me!

Offline cmstearns

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I pray that some day one of these idiots does this at the wrong time and pays the price!!!
ZERO TOLERANCE!
X2 >:(
My favorite quote.. if guns kill people, then spoons made me fat.

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:44 PM »
 Togue hunter,  Try baiting the little ba@#ard's with something else. Set up a deer cam to catch em !!! Sorry Bud to hear of such a thing but the world seem's to be full of these punk's...
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2011, 06:51 PM »
sorry to hear that touge hunter, there are to many scumbags out there.  I just went out and brought the auger and truck keys inside after reading your post, hope you find the ba**tards
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline kezarking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:00 PM »
amazing what scumbags will do for a few pills, almost guarantee whoever stole cant even start it and doesnt even ice fish. SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMM MMMMMMMMMMBBBBAAAAAGGG GGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Let me know if u find em i got a pretty big raceway in my shack......couple cement blocks in the backyard too

Offline chillywillie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:01 PM »
I just got the perfect new toy for them.  A brand new Ruger SP101 .357 Mag :o  Come get some of my stuff and let me catch you you little ba#$%rds

Offline Thin Finn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:05 PM »
It takes a lowlife of the first degree to do that.......I hope they can catch the thieving B*****ds.
If wishes were horses then dreamers would ride.

Offline Sawyerjosh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:49 PM »
I had a game cam stolen last year, off my land, about 200 feet from the house.  Got a picture of the guy on one of my other cameras out there, but only from the neck down.  I have learned recording the serial numbers of everything like that can make a big difference in ever getting it back.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:37 AM »
Without delay, make a quick trip to the local pawn shops in L/A and as usual check UH and CL. ;D

X2 sorry to hear that this crap is getting old very quick gotta be able to do something as a group

Offline 2turnsdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2011, 03:16 PM »
tougehunter
       you could try to freek them out and put something in your local paper saying that you have the theves on cam and your giving them one chance to return it or you going to turn there photos to the police . just a thought

Offline Mainesalmonslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:04 PM »

Yes thats what i would do,Theives dont seem to be real bright.It will come around for those dirtbags,Pretty b*llsy of them,out of your yard and all.

Offline rubline

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2011, 05:57 PM »
  I have a friend selling his Jiffy Legend if you have no luck finding yours.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.