The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: This Mornings Controversy On Ice  (Read 19815 times)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
Re: This Mornings Controversy On Ice
« Reply #60 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:41 PM »
that weekend works for me! if yer serious will....i got some gas money to throw yer way for the ride!
I'm serious! Which works better Sat or Sun?

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #61 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:41 PM »
I hope there home that day ??

Offline fishon--fishoff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • catchem when you can
« Reply #62 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Either day is good just let us all know when this is going down TEAM MAINE coming to town ;D

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:46 PM »
 :woot:

as of right now....any day that weekend works for me......but im gonna say sunday would be a def. 100%
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:47 PM »
SO your saying her husband owns share in the flour companys ?  ;D ;D ;D Roll it in flour and find the wet spots  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:woot: :sick: :roflmao: :clap: >:D :thumbsup:

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
« Reply #65 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:48 PM »
I will fish both days, dark to dark,if need be.They will be home,he made sure to tell us that him and his neighbor were the only two houses in the area with winter residents.LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:49 PM »
guess it's our good luck that he remembered to mention that bit of info   ;D

Offline fishfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:51 PM »
guess it's our good luck that he remembered to mention that bit of info   ;D
D-bags like that never know when to shut their trap. 8)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #68 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I will fish both days, dark to dark,if need be.They will be home,he made sure to tell us that him and his neighbor were the only two houses in the area with winter residents.LLS
Alright I'll take this bull right by the horns and say Feb. 7, 5:30 am Great East pond. Where do you guys want us to all park and do we need sleds or can we walk to fish?

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Alright I'll take this bull right by the horns and say Feb. 7, 5:30 am Great East pond. Where do you guys want us to all park and do we need sleds or can we walk to fish?

Post pics!!!!!!!!

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:55 PM »
daddyx2 just had a great idea......someone needs to bring a startin pistol and a watch so we know exactly to commence drillin, haha

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #71 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Post pics!!!!!!!!
Take the ride down and enjoy the fun.  ;D We'll get pics.  8)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #72 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:57 PM »
daddyx2 just had a great idea......someone needs to bring a startin pistol and a watch so we know exactly to commence drillin, haha
Shotgun ought to work just fine.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #73 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:00 PM »
I was thinking a couple pounds of Tannerite.
OR that would work fine as well.  ;D ;D

Offline landlockedsalmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My wife said its her or the Vexilar,we'll miss her
« Reply #74 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Anybody have a pa system for the day?You can bring snowmobiles,because he stated that he hated them too.LLS
If everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishingpoles.......... ..............Remember we all live downstream

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Well here is the spot. The Guy lives at the end of ice road and we would be comming on from the end of Katy Lane, Honestly I am not sure how people would feel about everyone parking here. One or two cars and no one would say anything but 5 or 6 cars mite = problems.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.586709,-70.952561&spn=0.003575,0.006899&t=h&z=17

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Well here is the spot. The Guy lives at the end of ice road and we would be comming on from the end of Katy Lane, Honestly I am not sure how people would feel about everyone parking here. One or two cars and no one would say anything but 5 or 6 cars mite = problems.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.586709,-70.952561&spn=0.003575,0.006899&t=h&z=17

we'll car pool! haha

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:08 PM »
The 7th works for me.
 I can bring the skeet shooter..

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:11 PM »
I understand that this behavior by this guy was uncalled for. I f there was an ordinance then he could have explained that to you.I had a shack up there many winters back inthe 90's.Access started to become a problem due to a few bad seeds. In my opinion this trip to annoy this gentleman will only put more stress on an already bad situation with landowner relations in the acton area. Squre pond got shut down for years because of poor behavior and for lack ofrespect for landowner rights.It took the state years to get access.Great East lake has a lake owners association.Most lakes up there do They are very vocal lot and many roads have been wired now and  access minimal.Beside behavior like this just shows your no better than him. I say call the warden. Many years ago I was duck hunting a small island in a river which was legal. A home owner about 200 yards from this spot. would yell obscenities and call me a duck killer..etc...He then reverted to using an air horn just as ducks would be dumping into my spread. So I warned him about the harrasment law.He didnt listen so the warden summonsed him beacuse he admitted to it . two days later he did it again..Another summons,and a warning that one more and he would be a habitual offender ,and jail time would be next..Never did I hear that voiuce or air horn again...Be good Sportsmen. do the right thing let the law do the talking and Help stop the problem this state has with land owner relations...JMHO
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #81 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Spencer find us a place to park and we'll be down on the 7th. I'll bring the sled!  ;D ;D

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:11 PM »
heck, park in his driveway, and when he calls the cops/warden move your car

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Anybody have a pa system for the day?You can bring snowmobiles,because he stated that he hated them too.LLS

i did have a cool little bullhorn. im not sure what happened to it. see if i can find it.....it even plays tunes like the horn from the dukes of hazard   ;D

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Will there be any fishing going on?

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #85 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Will there be any fishing going on?
I plan on fishing. Just a bunch of guys getting together to fish and have a good time. Nothing more nothing less! No laws are being broken.  8) 8)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #86 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:16 PM »
I understand that this behavior by this guy was uncalled for. I f there was an ordinance then he could have explained that to you.I had a shack up there many winters back inthe 90's.Access started to become a problem due to a few bad seeds. In my opinion this trip to annoy this gentleman will only put more stress on an already bad situation with landowner relations in the acton area. Squre pond got shut down for years because of poor behavior and for lack of landowner rights.It took the state years to get access.Great East lake has a lake owners association.Most lakes up there do They are very vocal lot and many roads have been wired now and  access minimal.Beside behavior like this just shows your no better than him. I say call the warden. Many years ago I was duck hunting a small island in a river which was legal. A home owner about 200 yards from this spot. would yell abscenities and call me a duck killer..etc...He then reverted to using an air horn just as ducks would be dumping into my spread. So I warned him about the harrasment law.HE didnt listen so the warden summonsed him beacuse he admitted to it . two days later he did it again..Another summons,and a warning that one more and he would be a habitual offender ,and jail time would be next..Never did I hear that voiuce or air horn again...Be good Sportsmen. do the right thing let the law do the talking and Help stop the problem this state has with land owner relations...JMHO
You want to come? Just a few people getting together to fish a pond I have never fished.  8)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #87 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:17 PM »
i did have a cool little bullhorn. im not sure what happened to it. see if i can find it.....it even plays tunes like the horn from the dukes of hazard   ;D
Bring it.  ;D ;D

Offline DaddyX2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:17 PM »
I understand that this behavior by this guy was uncalled for. I f there was an ordinance then he could have explained that to you.I had a shack up there many winters back inthe 90's.Access started to become a problem due to a few bad seeds. In my opinion this trip to annoy this gentleman will only put more stress on an already bad situation with landowner relations in the acton area. Squre pond got shut down for years because of poor behavior and for lack of landowner rights.It took the state years to get access.Great East lake has a lake owners association.Most lakes up there do They are very vocal lot and many roads have been wired now and  access minimal.Beside behavior like this just shows your no better than him. I say call the warden. Many years ago I was duck hunting a small island in a river which was legal. A home owner about 200 yards from this spot. would yell abscenities and call me a duck killer..etc...He then reverted to using an air horn just as ducks would be dumping into my spread. So I warned him about the harrasment law.HE didnt listen so the warden summonsed him beacuse he admitted to it . two days later he did it again..Another summons,and a warning that one more and he would be a habitual offender ,and jail time would be next..Never did I hear that voiuce or air horn again...Be good Sportsmen. do the right thing let the law do the talking and Help stop the problem this state has with land owner relations...JMHO
anybody ever think of the boat launch and carpooling on sleds to this location?

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #89 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:19 PM »
anybody ever think of the boat launch and carpooling on sleds to this location?
I got some dog sleds, I can bring and taxi folks back and forth.  8) 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.