The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Flasher  (Read 1641 times)

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
Flasher
« on: Sep 20, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Whats everyone's thought on the Marcum LX 6 ?  I have Marcum VX 1 and looking to upgrade 

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Flasher
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2017, 11:33 PM »
i went from a mechanical flasher to the digital sonar and they are two different units for sure. there isn't much comparison between them other than they both show fish and bait and bottom, but they do it in completely  different ways. because digital is like a digital monitor, it allows much more control and because it's a digital sonar engine, it allows much more in features and options. being digital and marcum, they allow the end user to update their units and for free. the digital sonar engine is superior.
because it is fully digital, you'll have display options for the 6 charts available and you can have up to 4 of the 6 showing at once. the graph will or should become your new best chart to use. there is no noise other than being able to hear the ping sound from the transducer. you'll be able to turn down the screen brightness for night fishing. they offer their new lithium shuttle for 150$ up charge now. well worth the cost. i just paid 250$ for it to go under my lx9. the lx6/7/9 can tune out plankton way better then vexilar and showdown and humminbird ice series and still see your bait in them when they do finally show on screen. the infinite zoom is great too. i prefer using graph and normal water column and zoomed water column charts at the same time. using the black back ground color helps make it high contrast instead of using the default sky blue. you can save your settings after you get it tweaked for how you like it set up so it becomes the default set up for you. it will fit inside a bucket if you like using them. since you already use marcum flasher, you  know you only need an inch of the bottom of the transducer in the water. this makes landing fish super easy too and no float in the way is great.
the not so great is it will not show the first 2.5 of water, so keeping the transducer up high is key in this issue. the carry case is not balanced so you have to get used to that when hole hopping, but it's not a problem.

these were just on sale for 400$ recently at fish307. they are up to 520$ now.
you can buy one with the new lithium battery shuttle at rapalas/marcum site and save money buying it in the combo package and save even more signing up for emails and get the code WELCOME10 to get 10% off.

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Well worth the money in my opinion. I went from the 3 to the 7 and never looked back. You won't be disappointed!
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Went from the VX-1 to a LX-7 a few years back myself.  Love the LX7...I believe the LX6 has a 6"screen but the LX7's screen is actually more like 8"...other than that they are identical.  When I first got the LX7 I just about threw it down the hole, was expecting to just turn it on and be able to use it in 5 sec's like the VX1...nope.....it will take some time to "dial in" the settings to your preference.  Once you get used to all the adjustments it offers you will thoroughly enjoy using it.
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:40 AM »
Thank you   LX 6 it is .I  pick it up next week with a 2 man flip ;D

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2017, 11:51 PM »
here is a link to try to help you get to set yours up initially.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319913.0

don't be afraid to push buttons. it has a reset in it if you get it too far out of wack. check out some you tubes too.
sounds like your set!

Offline midwest_rodworks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03:46 PM »
The target separation is smaller on the LX7 1/4" I think 1/2" for the LX6.  I really like my 7, it plays well with other units, had my LX7, an FLX-28, Showdown, and Humminbird 688 all running at the same time with minimal interference on the bird.
"Balance in all things"

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2017, 03:15 PM »
I have owned the LX-7 for two years and absolutely love it!  All the different modes and great target separation are fantastic.  I prefer the larger screen over the LX-6.  Last summer I used it on my boat as well with the high speed open water LX series transducer mounted on the transom.  No need for another unit for the boat which equals a savings for me!  Can't go wrong with the LX-6 or LX-7!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2017, 05:13 PM »
I have owned the LX-7 for two years and absolutely love it!  All the different modes and great target separation are fantastic.  I prefer the larger screen over the LX-6.  Last summer I used it on my boat as well with the high speed open water LX series transducer mounted on the transom.  No need for another unit for the boat which equals a savings for me!  Can't go wrong with the LX-6 or LX-7!
Did you do much jigging directly under the boat? How well did that work? Thanks!

Offline Wgorby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:23 AM »
I have the open water ducer for my LX7 as well....attached it to my trolling motor.  The ducer has a temp sensor in it so make sure you turn on the water temp setting on the LX7 so you can view that.  I used it mainly for big water perch fishing, switch to "horizontal scroll view"...could see schools of perch, never could get my perch rig to show up like you can on ice....even with it dead calm out it didn't work for me like it does on ice. 
Follow GorbyGear on FB and Instagram

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Yes I did do quite a bit of jigging in deeper water in flasher mode.  It worked fantastic!  Nothing like ice fishing in the summer!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.