Author Topic: Heritage Laker  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Heritage Laker
« on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Does anyone know where you can purchase a new shaft that holds the spool of line on to the tilt.
Any help would be appreciated.

Offline JeBa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Heritage Laker
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Fish307 (upstate NY - see their website) used to carry the Heritage Lakers and spare parts.
However, their current website doesn't even show Heritage Lakers anymore.

You still might want to call them, though.
Otherwise, give Kittery Trading Post (Kittery, ME) a call. They have a new on-line catalog but if you don't find what you want, they also do mailorder over the phone. They sell the tip ups, don't know about parts.

Jeff

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Mongo,
This is an easy fix without ordering parts. Take the wing nut from one of your heritage lakers with you and go to the hardware store. Find a screw that the wing nut threads onto cleanly and make sure the length is about the same length as the old one. Then take a hack saw and cut the head off your new screw. Now press the cut end into the hole with some Gorilla Glue or epoxy into the hole. Let er dry and walla, your problem is fixed. Much cheaper and saves shipping costs of an item that probably costs less than a buck. Hope this helps.

IceTroll
     :callcops:
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 03:15 PM »
I just noticed this year that the plastic posts where the springs are attached are loose on my Lakers.  they slide right out of the upright.  if they don't get any looser, it won't be a problem.  has anyone had a problem with this?  I know little glue would fix it fine, but I'm curious if this is typical
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:51 PM »
I just noticed this year that the plastic posts where the springs are attached are loose on my Lakers.  they slide right out of the upright.  if they don't get any looser, it won't be a problem.  has anyone had a problem with this?  I know little glue would fix it fine, but I'm curious if this is typical

Quick and easy fix without using glue is to take the plastic inserts and score them with a utility knife..this makes "ridges" on the plastic and then tap them into the upright with a hammer....did this to mine a couple years ago and it worked like a charm...Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline imfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:00 PM »
I wish I had read this topic before going out on Caroga Lake this past weekend.
When picking up my tip ups at the end of the day I lifted one out of the hole
and noticed right away something was not right. The spool was gone!!!!!
Need to do some repairs so others last forever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.