Author Topic: russian jigs or spoons  (Read 3009 times)

Offline double trouble

• Team IceShanty Regular
russian jigs or spoons
« on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:37 PM »
 does anyone of you have a russian jig known as a smiley face. it is a green to yellow fade with 2 eyes and a black stripe drawn as a mouth just below the fade line.the last one i had has a size 8 hook. i lost my last one to a vicious perch last winter and have someone to make me some ,but i need a picture of the pattern for him to paint. he can make almost anything you want too . he has a site called ficiousjigs.com. i am not connected to him in any way but he has been very nice especially since i have not bought any jigs yet.i have spent literally hours searching the internet for some ,but russians are kind of a hidden secret. jacks ,marks , and best tsckle all make one close ,but not exact. these are perch killers and even more deadly then genz worms for neutral fish. they take the jumbos that hang out below the little fish. i have taken over one hundred fish in a day with this one lure and not just once.i am shareing this pattern with all of you in order to restock my supply. hopefully it will help all of us become perch killers. thank you for your assistance in this vital search.
When the game is over Both the king and pawn both go back in the same box.

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: russian jigs or spoons
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Sorry DT,can't help you with that one but, you've peaked my interest so I'm hoping someone on here can help you. Always on the lookout for something different-heaven knows I don't have enough ice fishing tackle ::)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: russian jigs or spoons
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2005, 09:59 AM »
I did a few advanced searches as well, but no luck...are you sure they are called "smiley face". Here is the e-mail address of the guy who runs the Nisid site of Russian jigs. They dont carry what you are looking for but they may be able to help

[email protected]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.