New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091790 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hi Guys;  John and I are going to be up in Yulan from Fri to Sun.....will be looking at Highland, bodine and a fewother local lakes.  If you're going to be coming up that way, give me a holler and we'll see about a meet up.

IceBalls  (Rodger)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
super cold going on here...small ponds by my parents is  back to fishable ..... :clap: :thumbsup: maybe this weekend up this way.... :icefish:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Hi Guys;  John and I are going to be up in Yulan from Fri to Sun.....will be looking at Highland, bodine and a fewother local lakes.  If you're going to be coming up that way, give me a holler and we'll see about a meet up.

IceBalls  (Rodger)

Rodger, you got ppl looking for ya....chazmatic and fire n ice...send em a pm, let em know your ok..!

As for the Pa side of the border, Long pond, Lower woods, White Oak and Prompton are all good and fishable...gonna have enough ice now to use the Jiffy !!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Dooberhoopa I stopped by Winding Hills last Monday (12/21) on my way to Wurtsboro at that time the sign by main gate said Ice conditions unsafe use caution. So I do not know if they will let you on the ice. I would call the ranger station Diamond lake was almost completely frozen over the lower night time temperatures should help with ice formation . Today's winds will not help if there are still any open areas.
  If people are on Orange Lake winding Hills should be good to fish.
  Steve

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I gotta find a link, but as of Jan 6, 2010, the 7 day bait law is being changed to 10 days...not much difference, but a step in the right direction  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Hey topher! is that bait law in NY or PA?

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
yeah id much rather be on orange lake....alot more action, winding hills can be so slow it hurts but the perch are real nice when you can get into them
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
NY...the official announcement has not been made by the DEC, but if you search through the NY Ice Fishing page, there are a few different threads about it....PA has no such law as the 7 day bait, only possession of caught baitfish--purchased baitfish do not apply to the total allowed in possession

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
NY...the official announcement has not been made by the DEC, but if you search through the NY Ice Fishing page, there are a few different threads about it....PA has no such law as the 7 day bait, only possession of caught baitfish--purchased baitfish do not apply to the total allowed in possession
Thanks!! I hope the bait shop keeps forgetting to put a date on my receipt.

Offline FLAG-UPP

• IceShanty Rookie
Guna be fishing orange lake....can get into some real good sized crappie and perch, 5 lb plus pickeral and some nice bass....mr clean are u saying that they already opened winding hills?
dooberhoopa...isn't that a private lake? lived 10 min away almost my whole live. always wished to fish that lake...Rob

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i think i'll spend new years day on the ice at lower woods pa...blondzillas working and i'll be left  alone without adult supervision... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i think i'll spend new years day on the ice at lower woods pa...blondzillas working and i'll be left  alone without adult supervision... ;) ;D
:blink: :cookoo: :whistle: :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :afro: :%$#!:
what? you did no work around here? :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oh it feels good to be back!! ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'd say to have the guys come up for a day, but a 1 day license is like 27 bucks here in the great state of PA...they could fish a whole year for 53....friggin' ridiculous  >:(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Getting panfish on greenwood right now!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
Orange Lake is a members only lake...when my dad died last year they were nice enough to give me his spot in the club...anyone ever wants to fish it let me kno ill take ya with me
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Great ! glad to see you guys making it out !!!!

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone got the word on Swinging Bridge Reservoir? Is there safe ice?

Thanks for any info.

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
you in the cove at the NY end Pooley?  Saw someone out there this morning fishing.....how much ice ya got there?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
you in the cove at the NY end Pooley?  Saw someone out there this morning fishing.....how much ice ya got there?
that was me. 4 inches at most, with plenty of scary spots. :o

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
that was me. 4 inches at most, with plenty of scary spots. :o
Be careful my friend and thanx for the info

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Holehawg is the big D icing up yet near you?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone ever lay carpet before??? ??? ???.....that's tonite's task  ::) but it's on the honey do list, so it's not an extra job....

gonna be fishing Friday...not sure where though...maybe try to tackle Belmont...with a hydrographic map and the flasher, it may be fun...otherwise, Holehawg, you still fishing Lower Woods?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Anyone ever lay carpet before??? ??? ???.....that's tonite's task  ::) but it's on the honey do list, so it's not an extra job....

gonna be fishing Friday...not sure where though...maybe try to tackle Belmont...with a hydrographic map and the flasher, it may be fun...otherwise, Holehawg, you still fishing Lower Woods?
trick question? ??? :P

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Holehawg is the big D icing up yet near you?
       Tuesday it was wide open, wend had alot of flow ice in the main channel and a thin layer out from the laundry mat.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pooley, how's that new auger work?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher i aint sure...if i can get my pa lics. at wally world tomorrow and if the bait shop is open then i will head up to lower woods...work got in the way of me being 100% ready... ::) hammer the narrowsburg eddy now has a skim of ice but not quite ready yet... :-\ happy news years everybody....i'm staying home to night with some bottles of wine.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well if things work out thats cool...hopefully the roads n such up to the lake are ok by tomorrow...gonna hopefully meet up there with another shanty guy, Dennis53...got the jiffy tuned up and its ready to be tested @!

Happy New Year's all, be safe !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
will try to be there around 10 oclock...this is a big night at mr. hole hawgs house.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well then I propose a toast.......to a new year that is better than the last....may we and our loved ones stay happy, safe, and healthy throughout the new year !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.