New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091869 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
do you have a picture of that?

not yet, but i can get one.......it's nothing fancy...kinda looks like Holehawgs..only mine's plain

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
in other words....build one like YO's and Pooley's sleds.... except with an auger rack on top

Nice to see ya back Hammer.....ice will be ready soon !!!
kinda topher... but want to keep the same shape and bucket hole designs that the strikemaster has..just making it longer and instead of leaving the front open like they did ..i'd have door hinged... then find away to mount the jiffy on one side..the hand auger  and spud bar on the other..keeping the weight low so it wouldnt be tippy...gonna have to start making some saw dust.... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
joe, are you stepping up to 'the 5 gallon bait bucket club'? ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah pooley youse guys have had some influence on me...lol...hows that new auger...try it out in Frankie's pool yet... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah pooley youse guys have had some influence on me...lol...hows that new auger...try it out in Frankie's pool yet... ;) ;D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   wait, I tried the jiffy out on a mud puddle....with the guard on of course

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
they won't let me in the ice rink! :%$#!: someone must have tipped them off! :'(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: wont be long pooley we can race them  and test all this strikemaster vs jiffy  stuff... ;) ;D...in sad news ...the river ice melted apart and floated away.... :'( small ponds still capped but weak ice with water on top....need some cold temps here.... :'(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anybody hear from jimmy c  ??????????? i was looking at orange  jump suits and thought of him... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
had a 10 degree temp drop in the last hour and snow is flying...from what I could see, the ponds that were locked up are now locked up with water on top....supposed to get up to 25 for a hi tomorrow....and then stay cold for a while, which is good....we need it to !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the cold would get it going again ...no snow here tho....hows that jiffy run topher... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
like a champ...upgraded it to Synthetic oil using Amsoil at 40:1 instead of Jiffy's 24:1 that it says to use..primer bulb 3 times, choke it and by the second pull VROOOOOMMMMMM...it's a bit of overkill with being an 85cc 3 HP

Tim the toolman says more power MORE POWER :o

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
anybody hear from jimmy c  ??????????? i was looking at orange  jump suits and thought of him... ;) ;D
yes.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Had a pump drill tonight at one of our local water sourses and fishing spots and as my guys were pumping water I walked on the ice ( my firemen thought I was nuts) took a trusty ax and wacked a hole 2 foot from shore
had 3 inch's a little soft but should stiffen up this week.

Pooley give me a call .. re: sh&l stove ???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well the weather has stabilized and we are back to making ice...WOOHOO   only got up to 24 here today....

pdbjr, I'm uploading the pic I took of the jet sled auger rack...kinda hard to see, I hope they help  ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good job topher! love the militia sticker!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ditto....that looks like it'll hold the jiffy very  well...dont forget the bunjie cords... :) real cold here..if this stays around i might try a farm pond sunday for awhile... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I get to put together kitchen cabinets this weekend !!! it's about time......oh, and sand the 2nd coat of spackle upstairs...ugggh ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
pressures on my friend....they always do this to you during hunting / fishing season...(this should get a rise out of mrs. tfb.... ;) ;D....)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think there's only like 18 cabinets to do.....got them from IKEA...that are a good quality at a low price cabinet...you just gotta put them together yourself....her mom n dad coming up Saturday to help...hopefully we get them all done Sat.    then its off to the lake to fish !

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 i'm gonna take the jiffy out side for a walk ..... ;) ;D this cold day is getting my up for going.... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you are more than welcome to come up for cabinet party guys... ;) I'll let you know early this weekend about the lake by the hopuse...should be fishable maybe even this weekend :)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we don't have any ready yet, but if the temps hold....... ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
real cold over here..and next week looks even worse ...yea.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
I was working along Beachlake today and it was popping and cracking like crazy! was trying figure where i could keep my ice gear on the truck lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
as long as the weather stays the same, the days after X-Mas look good for my lil' private lake to start the season...still waiting to hear on Lower Woods......Little Stump Pond up by me is at 3" and I was out on it tonite....felt like getting home after a long trip ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was working along Beachlake today and it was popping and cracking like crazy! was trying figure where i could keep my ice gear on the truck lol
any time ya wanna go out with us guys ring me up nieghbor.. ;D..did you shoot that nice buck that i watched all summer just down the road from you..??????????????

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
as long as the weather stays the same, the days after X-Mas look good for my lil' private lake to start the season...still waiting to hear on Lower Woods......Little Stump Pond up by me is at 3" and I was out on it tonite....felt like getting home after a long trip ;D
topher i'll go up to lower woods over this weekend and see whats happening...i normally judge whats happening there with lake huntington ...they kinda seem to be ready about the same time..... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm hoping to make a trip out that way this Saturday or Sunday....will have the ice stuff in the truck, just in case..want to get out to do some jigging with the new sonar......and use the Jiffy too ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.