New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092727 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
at least ther's ice in there! :laugh:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'm out of beer..... :'(...and ice after last nights shing gig.... ;) ;D....hang in there topher.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm out of beer..... :'(...and ice after last nights shing gig.... ;) ;D....hang in there topher.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

that's a terrible thing! don't you have a convenient mart?  ??? :o
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the previous problem has been corrected.. ;D....they cant sell beer in gas stations or supermarts  here in pa pooley...thus is why i live on the ny / pa boarder......... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the big problem was  blondzilla didn't wanna go get me some... ::) they should have a cash for clunkers type thing for wife's.....i noticed some of the new models look quite nice...but than again it always comes down to the attitude thing.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
cash for clunker wifes,mmmmm sounds good but ........ ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
the previous problem has been corrected.. ;D....they cant sell beer in gas stations or supermarts  here in pa pooley...thus is why i live on the ny / pa boarder......... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the big problem was  blondzilla didn't wanna go get me some... ::) they should have a cash for clunkers type thing for wife's.....i noticed some of the new models look quite nice...but than again it always comes down to the attitude thing.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You also have to think about the PAYMENTS...... ;)

Another thing, Joe, are you still going to see Charlie Daniels Band up at the fair?

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
what an awesome fish!!!way to go!
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
went out today with a fireman friend, and did pretty good on the bass, and a few yellow perch. his first time out, since breaking both elbows! man, it got hot out there!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
speaking of heat, I went out on the lot today to get a car to bring in..temp registered 136 in the car, in the sun :P

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

You also have to think about the PAYMENTS...... ;)

Another thing, Joe, are you still going to see Charlie Daniels Band up at the fair?
naw topher..i gotta fly to vegas on this weds ...and return on next weds... ::) the women have me in their clutches for 7 days. ::) ::)..we're at code red over here with this dang wedding... ::) ::) ::) only good thing is one of the bachelor party stops is at one of them fully auto gun ranges.... :thumbsup: you folks know how i love the smell of gun powder... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
naw topher..i gotta fly to vegas on this weds ...and return on next weds... ::) the women have me in their clutches for 7 days. ::) ::)..we're at code red over here with this dang wedding... ::) ::) ::) only good thing is one of the bachelor party stops is at one of them fully auto gun ranges.... :thumbsup: you folks know how i love the smell of gun powder... :thumbsup:

may be the last chance to make sure the groom to be is fully capable ;)

Not to change the subject and talk about fishing  ::)   my first custom rod is in the drying stages right now and should be finished in about 1 hour...of course it's an ice rod...I'll post pics probably tomorrow ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck down there joe. hope you don't have to call us for bail money! :laugh:

way to go topher!

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...unless you need bail money Joe ;D ;D,I'm sure some of the boys down here will help you LOL

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...unless you need bail money Joe ;D ;D,I'm sure some of the boys down here will help you LOL
keep watching the news folks...ya never know what  trouble my familys gonna get into.... ;) ;D

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
Come on Chris, I'm sure everyone would love to see that newly wrapped rod, post those pictures, YOUR HOOKED. Fantastic Job on the first rod. :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Tubby, and welcome to the SE NY BS thread !!! tubby is the guy that I told 2 years ago when I started working with him that I didn't think I could get into ice fishing ??? **censored** was I thinking ::) now a confirmed addict, he exposed me to rod building...again I said, I don't think I could get into that either....once again...well here's the first custom of many more to be made...it's a 31" Med Light jigging rod...cork handle, graphite blank, etc..if I make another ice rod, then this one will be used in the " Suffern Slammer"..

Well, here's a couple pics...

Tubby, make sure you leave one weekend open for when we have the gathering, or the Highland tourney...you'd have a blast...don't be shy ;D

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Looking good Topher  :clap: :thumbsup: may you land many fish with that rod.

Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sharp looking ice rod there topher.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: also welcome aboard the se ny bs site tubby.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:well gang..i'm off like a prom dress to vegas... ::)...see ya in 7 days...... ;D

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
good job on the rod Topher :thumbsup:   have fun in Vegas Joe!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sweet rod topher!

joe, i'll be watching the news. ;) :o

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
Thanks Tubby, and welcome to the SE NY BS thread !!! tubby is the guy that I told 2 years ago when I started working with him that I didn't think I could get into ice fishing ??? **censored** was I thinking ::) now a confirmed addict, he exposed me to rod building...again I said, I don't think I could get into that either....once again...well here's the first custom of many more to be made...it's a 31" Med Light jigging rod...cork handle, graphite blank, etc..if I make another ice rod, then this one will be used in the " Suffern Slammer"..

Well, here's a couple pics...

(Image removed from quote.)

Tubby, make sure you leave one weekend open for when we have the gathering, or the Highland tourney...you'd have a blast...don't be shy ;D
thats some nice work topher! :bow: :thumbsup:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks guys !! I can't wait to get started on my next one in a couple weeks ;D Holehawg--have a blast in Vegas..I know I would... ;)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Topher, I'll have to get a deeper tint of glasses for that reflection from those metallic wraps 8).
I'll we have to do is watch for the flash and we know your on the fish ;D ;D ;D so here comes the crowd :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
welcome to the group tubby!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wait til the next one...been on searching for different design patterns and ideas ;)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Pooley, Topher has been trying to get me to come down that way with him, it's a little bit of a ride for me but will try to make it a couple of times.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
1/2 hour or so to my house, and them 45-60 min to Huntington....how far is Canadarago??

BTW, Tubby is the Shop foreman/service manager at the dealership that I work at and also the person/reason I have a job still ;)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chris, it's about 1 1/2 hours from my back door.

Thanks Buddy

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No, I should be thanking you !! only adjustment you may need to make is to drink Bud Light ;)

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
No Bud light for me! I'm still trying to finish off the 1/2 keg of Labatts Light. Now how about some Fosters?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.