New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091876 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i wouldn't worry .....they will come up with a gazillion dollar project to fly somewhere...... ;D in other news ..blondzilla has given me the go head to buy a new 4 wheel atv with a plow...... :o... as long as this new house project goes to contract this month...which would mean no more long walks on highland topher..... ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: of course i have to buy her a new living room set too.... ::) ::) ::) ....

I'll have to build a seat in the jet sled.. ;)they have good info on here about auger/gear racks for a quad--can use the Otter for booze ;D and grub  ;D       that spot on Highland, how far is it from where we fished last year?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 location must remain secrect...... ;) the need to know will be reveled when us folks go down there in feb...unless of course we recon it before....... ;) ;D this ones for us & the suffern boys..altho i would share with paul..... if he shares his spots .... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: as for the atv i'm hitting the polaris guy and the honda dealer this sat.  giving myself a 5 grand buget...as long as its 4 wheel drive with a plow i'm happy... i'm thinking a 450 wudd be just about right....my wife..(blondzilla/charge it carolyn .... ::)...) thinks i should get the side by side one.....the ranger i think its called...cab and all that stuff...but my buddy stevie told me his was 10 grand  :o :o and i dont wanna spend that much..... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
One of the local ATV shops had a couple on display this past weekend at the local carnival..not the name brand stuff that you always hear of...for what they wanted for their machines, I could have a helluva boat ;)

if there is a time or date that you would maybe want to "recon" the lake let me know...I'm free most weekends ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper their pricey..but i'm looking for something around 5 g's....gotta have a plow / 4 wheel drive.....i'm ditching the snow blower....plus i need one small enough to fit in the back of the dodge....i dont wanna have to trailer one when i go up state to sandy pond...recon could happen at the end august...that daughter of mine getting hitched in las vegas has screwed up my august.... ::) ::) ::) i could have some great toys if i didnt have kids.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got G-Man and Walker into a derby this weekend at a local private lake....one of those tourneys that everyone gets a prize...the lake that it is on has loads of monster fish in it....I hope that they don't get bored...

I'll start the" when you have kids, That's all you have" phase of my life starting Feb.....so until then It's all about the toys !! ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
do it up topher cause them kids can suck the dead president's right out of your wallet.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good luck with that kids tourney...hope they catch a bunch..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If not, they will probably have the best equipment there (breaking out my backup rods n such for them to use)

if they are catching fish they have fun....if not, we go out to lunch...and get ice cream ;D  its a win win

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck to the little men topher. remember the GULP! ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Joe
Side by sides are great,I have a Yamaha Rhino ,bought it 5 years ago. a little pricy $9300 .back then.
It's great around the property carry rocks , firewood ,top soil . etc.
It's great for ice fishing too ! and around the nieghbor hood I can carry 5 DRUNKS with the dump body it's easy to unload them lol   ;D :clap: The only problem it won't fit in the back of my F250 have to trailer her.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yepper tim ..i like the side by sides.....just that i wanna pay cash and their pretty pricey.....we use my buddy steves when we fish sandy pond up north....4 of us plus a ton of gear /booze...but 3 1/2 hours of driving thru snow with his ranger on the trailer  is a pain ...2 /3 years ago we got nailed in that 4 ft  feb. weekend snow storm up there ...and trying to get back thru the storm around Syracuse was a #%&@%#! ..couple times the trailer was along side of us..... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i like the honda atvs...polaris ...might even look at the yamaha grizzly....400 or 450 will do i think..... :-\

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think I'll stick to the "YakTrax" method of transportation....much cheaper..plus I'm still young and stupid ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you someday... will grow old like me my friend.. ;)...i'll drive this thing from the couch to the  beer frig if blondzilla will let me.... ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
although i'm older that joe, i'm with you topher, unless someone says 'hop on'! :laugh:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hop on.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
maybe I just invest in a set of skis and a tow rope, for days like Highland after-tourney ;D

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Joe I'm with you I turned the big 50 this year ,,,, not being lazy but if I can drive , carry gear , beer , and a buddy that's the way I go :thumbsup:
When we go ice fishing there are plenty of 4 wheelers anyway so if I don't bring mine I hook up my sled to the hitch and hold on  ;D and try not to spill my beer lol :whistle: :clap: 

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Topher;  We have done things like that!! 
Not on ski's but on ice sleds..  It's amazing what can happen on the ice when the bite stops the BBQ is going and the beer is tasting GOOOOOD and we get bored,,,and ATV's are involved someone usualy gets banged up one way or another ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
back in college, we used to go to the mall parking lot with a small front wheel drive car, a round coaster sled, a small tire to fit in the sled, and a tow rope.....we used to have video of it...especially filming out the back window of the car with a cop right on our tail...they never did anything though, it was when the snow storm shut down the city---36" twice in a two week span will do that for ya....but as far as on the ice activities, I'm just getting started-3rd year coming up this season...I'm sure to make some memories like those sooner than later ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Joe I'm with you I turned the big 50 this year ,,,, not being lazy but if I can drive , carry gear , beer , and a buddy that's the way I go :thumbsup:
When we go ice fishing there are plenty of 4 wheelers anyway so if I don't bring mine I hook up my sled to the hitch and hold on  ;D and try not to spill my beer lol :whistle: :clap: 
yep tim ...after 27 years of roofing and framing ..building houses...etc..my knees & back are shot.. :pinch:..i drug my deer out a mile and half last year alone....i'm ready to try a more civilized style  of hunting / fishing / snow removal..... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, the boys made out great at the fishing derby today..2 prizes each, with fish caught ranging from a 4.5" perch to a 11.25" bullhead  with several sunfish and perch mixed in between..Also caught was a 3" musky :o so they still are in that lake from many years ago ;D have to remember that for ice season....and we all got a good bit of sunburn today as well....I hope Pooley and Hockey12 make out good on Greenwood, It's a little too warm for the ice up here ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
no greenwood, i had to work! i'll be out monday.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cool...i knew ya wuud get the boys in the fish ... :thumbs up: ya guys had a great day too... :thumbsup:well i hit the  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:atv  dealers ....polaris 400 with a plow is winning.... :thumbsup: no fishing up this way for a while ..we had bad floods in some towns .....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yeah, i've been watching the weather. doesn't look good up your way joe. too much rain.  good luck with the polaris. i worked with a good mechanic, who said that's the brand to buy.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it would be my choice as well, if I were purchasing a machine....anyways, I gotta download some pics from the recent trips....need some new ones to look at

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i remembing someone  saying hockey had a place over by roscoe by the red rose inn ...is it on the stream ?????????????? cause roscoe / rockland may get wacked by flood..... yeah the polaris is gonna be the one....gotta haggle over $$$$$$$$$ now.... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
was watching the weather out at breakfast this morning, and it looks like the rain is gonna be heavy over that way again today...you can tell its a Pocono race weekend, its raining ;) and I hope it doesn't get hit that bad over that way with flooding...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok here's a couple new pics from the latest fishing trips...pictured will be my buddy Barry and my Pops

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i remembing someone  saying hockey had a place over by roscoe by the red rose inn ...is it on the stream ?????????????? cause roscoe / rockland may get wacked by flood..... yeah the polaris is gonna be the one....gotta haggle over $$$$$$$$$ now.... ::)
yeah, it's a campground on the beaverkill.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
they tell me cooks falls got flooded bad...... looks like ya pops is starting to like the fishing gig....is he gonna try hard water topher ... :)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hey timster, what the heck you letting happen to your town up there? :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.