New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092210 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
my mom, and my aunt, have seen it twice! several firemen too. it's pretty cool. glad i'm not in it! :o ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
hey guys ... been MIA lately... I hope everyone is having a great summer and even better fishing. Been too busy throwing up and sleeping lately to be on the computer. Thanks for the site on the satellite, Pooley.. it was really neat to see!
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
have ya got topher running out at midnight for KFC & watermelon yet ?????????? when blondzilla was preggers she would wake up starving.. ::) ::) ::) and you know who wudd be running for grub.... ;) ;D hang in there tfb... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
All is quiet on the northern front..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :icefish: :tipup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ditto here in beach lake .... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: of course that will change tonight when the kids and  grandkids come over to tease me on hitting 45 today...dang brats... ;) ;D i told blondzilla not to do anything  ::) but of course she never listens to me... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
happy birthday joe! go easy on the adult beverages!  :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
happy birthday joe! go easy on the adult beverages!  :P
thanks pooley...i cant booze it today . ::).....watching grandson #1 who's running a temperature....doing my grandpa act... ;)...it may get me in good with the big guy upstairs one day.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Happy Birthday "old man"  :) they say you are only as old as you feel, well, I hope you didn't have a Ice fishing Tourney at Highland Lake yesterday ;) cuz other than that, you gotta feel young ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 thanks topher.... ;D... i thank the good  lord we caught all them fish that day ...cause my *** was hurtin the next day..... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  i cant wait to get back on the ice again .....this summer been a bummer.... ::) ::) ::)...getting the shack roof  done...gonna ask the boys on huntington if they'll let me park it on the corner this winter..... ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Hope you enjoy your B-day, Joe!! (don't feel too old... after all... the cougar still thinks yer cute!!  :roflmao:)
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Happy B-Day Joe. :thumbsup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks tim....i heard some depressing news...heard the old Neville hotel was closing up...man all them old hotel's i worked on are closed...heard the golf course looks awful.... :'( :'( :'( :'(  dang shame....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hope you enjoy your B-day, Joe!! (don't feel too old... after all... the cougar still thinks yer cute!!  :roflmao:)
ask her if she wants to see my scar.... ;) ...i've heard chicks dig scars..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys, whats up? Happy belated b-day Joe! My school closed but I have been keeping busy doing a little construction. It is a whole new world but I enjoy doing some manual labor. I got lazy as a teacher. I went fishing with Pooley over the weekend. We (Me, Frankie, Pooley and YO and a few others)have a nice little trip to Greenwood Lake this weekend.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yup, gonna throw a few back at our friends place.  ;D

oh yeah, look what i caught, while out with rob.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey guys...is that a rock bass... :o ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   rob  i hope ya find something....shame ya not up here...i do some maintenance subbing at wayne highlands school district  now ..they got some teachers retiring this year and next year ....i heard around 20 openings between the 3 schools.....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
that was the biggest bluegill i've ever seen. fat sucker.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
twas a nice fish....did he become a beer snack ... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sometimes there is nothing better than a dinner plate sized gill..especially through the ice ;D

Gonna try and get pops out tonite, weather permitting...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sometimes there is nothing better than a dinner plate sized gill..especially through the ice ;D

Gonna try and get pops out tonite, weather permitting...
try 'um on the flyrod topher...its a blast..... :thumbsup:...cheap poppers is all ya need.... :thumbsup:...good luck tonite...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
not sure if we are going to hit the river again for SM and wallys or the local lake for whatever bites..one of these days I'll get the flyrod out and chase some pannies....I have heard that it is fun..

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dont be afraid to use it on the river for bass either...some cahills or adams is all ya need....that real fuzzy bass bug fly is a small mouth killer too..... :thumbsup:...in fact....i think all rig up the winston and hit the d tonite too..... :thumbsup: if the wind dies down... ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yeah, i'm gonna feed Rob that bluegill! he never ate one! ;)

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
thats a pretty big gill pooley, way to go!!
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rain and temporary illness have kept us off the water, but heading out tomorrow for an overnight camping trip with the family...hopefully, this rain hasn't ruined the creek that goes through the campground, as it has great SM and native trout fishing :) :)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rob...if you could get me pics of that ... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
That's funny :clap:
Yea Joe the old Nevelle is closed the golf coarse looks like a hay field . The word is they are only going to be closed 30 days and regroup I don't think it will happen all of the golf carts and the lawn equipment was repoed!!  Damn shame...I did get a chance to play the Fallsview 9 hole over July 4 week , nice !! :thumbsup:
Chris nice pan fish :bow: 2 or 3 of them will make a nice meal .....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Got out onto the Mighty Susky last night for a couple hours...broke my Pop's 60 year curse...got him his first fish last night in a spot that we had never fished before...14" shiner..biggest fish he ever caught he said...was so nice to see him with a smile on his face....we'll take out the boat again 1 night again next week after he gets back from Virginia visiting family and try again...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats cool topher.... :thumbsup:  good to see ya getting him out....i went out last weekend on the d with the fly rod ...lost a smallie...got one rock bass ...one little b-gill...didnt take the camera cause i was wading..next time i'm gonna get a pic for that rockbass club ya folks got..... ;) ;D :laugh:   thurs day nite blondzillas dragging me to scranton to see circus -o-lay....yippie... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'( hope they sell beer there... :'( :'( :'( :'(...pooley and yo must have hockey held hostage so he cant show us them old photos..... ;) :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
   thurs day nite blondzillas dragging me to scranton to see circus -o-lay....yippie... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'( :'( hope they sell beer there... :'( :'( :'( :'(...pooley and yo must have hockey held hostage so he cant show us them old photos..... ;) :laugh:

Better get a 12pk for the ride Holehawg ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.