New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: first day on the GSL  (Read 848 times)

Offline barnze73192

• IceShanty Rookie
  • biggest eye- 28"
first day on the GSL
« on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:19 PM »
6"-7" of ice...  :tipup:5 walleye- 13,14,18,19,22 5/8 and 2 perch- 11 and 12" :tipup:

Barnze ::)

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: first day on the GSL
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Sweet day!  I wanna try to ice my fist walleye outa there this year.  Don't want ya to give up any secret spots but any tips on what type of structure to look for em in and what type of bait to use would be great!!!  My thought is around humps and use minnows as well as jiggin' with a perch rap???

Offline GiddyUpNFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:26 PM »
Nice!!! I have been out on her about 5 times now, she was slow at first, but was pretty productive Sat and Sun.  Some nice size wally's are coming out this year, good to see a variety of little cigars and big dogs.  Caught a nice Rainbow the other day as well..  Dead sea, whoever came up with that one either does not know how to fish or is fishing the wrong holes, ha ha.

Offline GiddyUpNFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:31 PM »
You are on the right track with the humps.  As far as the bait goes I have fished with just about everything on that lake and have found that icicles work the best for eyes and perch.  If you get tired of getting hammered with perch goto large icicles.  There is some nice structure between fishhouse and sinclaires point.  Good luck!!

Offline fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Thanks Giddy!!!  Is it better to fish the evening into the night?

Offline GiddyUpNFish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Depends.... If I want to go for some Trout and Wally's then I am set up for first light.  Typically though I am set up around 10:00 and I fish until 7:00 for the night strike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.