Author Topic: Lac du Bonnet  (Read 752 times)

Offline LockportRookie

• IceShanty Rookie
Lac du Bonnet
« on: Feb 14, 2013, 06:50 PM »
Does anyone ever fish out at Lac du Bonnet?  I know lots of guys go in summer, but I haven't heard a lot about the winter fish.  If anyone goes, where do you go, where can you get on with a truck and how is the bite?
It's not about the fish, it's about the stories!

Offline smuggla204

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lac du Bonnet
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2013, 07:27 PM »
A lot of people catch around the dock in town. Or you can drive on by the water ski club on the road that go's around the north side of town. Lots of shack up there.

Offline LockportRookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the info.   Is it worth the drive from Lockport?  Wanna take my 9 year old, and was hoping for a lot of action to make for an exciting day.  we have been out in the summer and had a pretty good day, was hoping to repeat in the winter.

Thanks again.
It's not about the fish, it's about the stories!

Offline mcharles78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2013, 07:14 AM »
Lac du Bonnet is hit a miss right now... I fish out there quite often and some days you limit out not problem and others not a bite... Right now fishing is a little slow, December and January were really good months but its slowed way down in the past couple of weeks...  You can also fish McKenzie Bay which is just north of LdB about 3 minuites off of #11 Hwy.... You can drive right on and in the bay you catch some walleye and you'll get the odd big Pike... I'm not sure latley how's is been out there though...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.