Author Topic: Clam Glomitts.  (Read 1862 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Clam Glomitts.
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:59 AM »
I was thinking about getting a pair of the Clam Glomitts but I have a question.

They are made of fleece and I was wondering if you can spray them with something to help repel water. I am not looking to use these to stick my hand in a hole and be waterproof. I just want to try and reduce how much they absorb water.  I have a pair of glomitts now that are great but they soak up water. They are older and can't find them anymore. I've replaced the stitching on the fingers once. They also have a pocket for a heat pack in the mitten part, which is great to keep my hands warm. They are not fleece and I think the Clam version might be a bit warmer.
jbird68

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Clam Glomitts.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 09:51 AM »
When they get wet throw them in the dryer with a dryer sheet. Fabric softener is oily and helps create a certain degree of water resistance. Other waterproofing agents may compromise it's insulating qualities.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
Re: Clam Glomitts.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Anybody have these.  I need to replace my glacier glommits and was considering a pair of these.  Do they have a neoprene palm?  If not I'm just gonna get a pair of the glacier glomitts again. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Glacier-Glomitts/751124.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dglomitts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=glomitts&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

You can see the neoprene on these.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.