Author Topic: Ice runner float suits  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Kscall

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice runner float suits
« on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:07 PM »
I'm looking for a float suit and found this one.  I like the price but not much for reviews.  Was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Thank you

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Ice runner float suits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2019, 03:48 PM »
I don't think they were available to ship out until recently..a pre buy if I recall..it is defiantly worth a consideration.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Kscall

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Thank you

Offline phishmonger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Anybody try these out last year?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2020, 03:04 PM »
Anybody try these out last year?

PMs sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2020, 03:29 PM »
I looked in to buying these and the reviews were mixed.  They ranged from "they ripped my first trip out...you get what you pay for" to "my pair are still going strong 3 season later".  That may not be helpful but I will say that depending on sizing there are some great deals on suits to be had. 
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:23 PM »
I got a brand new 3xl ice runner suit I only tried on..it looks decent however the bibs dont fit me and i cant zipper them up but the 3xl coat fits great.i either lose 20 Lbs or sell them.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:32 PM »
I got a brand new 3xl ice runner suit I only tried on..it looks decent however the bibs dont fit me and i cant zipper them up but the 3xl coat fits great.i either lose 20 Lbs or sell them.

Do the sides rib/hip areas have any elastic/spandex ..looked at the video ..not really clear .

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Do the sides rib/hip areas have any elastic/spandex ..looked at the video ..not really clear .
yeah it has elastic all the way around.when im standing i can zip up but sitting i could rip the zipper and crotch right out.thought about splicing the sides and putting goretex or something to get them to fit.the coat is more form fitting and not bulky like striker.its a decent suit but sizing is kind of china feel to me..small

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:09 PM »
yeah it has elastic all the way around.when im standing i can zip up but sitting i could rip the zipper and crotch right out.thought about splicing the sides and putting goretex or something to get them to fit.the coat is more form fitting and not bulky like striker.its a decent suit but sizing is kind of china feel to me..small

Thanks ...just picked up some SI Trekker bibs ..they are form fitting/spot on sizing ..reminds me of cheap snow bibs for sizing reference ...so if you want an option to layer ..hoodie...vest etc inside your bibs may want to up a size .

How are the inseam adjustments? ..similar to SI ?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:11 PM »
I got a pair of bibs at the end of last season when they went on sale for $50... Tried them on, they look and feel ok but have not worn them on the ice. I'm really more of a jeans and hoodie guy but figured they'd be good to have for the slushy days to keep the knees dry and at the price I paid if they fall apart it's not a big loss.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #11 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:21 PM »
Thanks ...just picked up some SI Trekker bibs ..they are form fitting/spot on sizing ..reminds me of cheap snow bibs for sizing reference ...so if you want an option to layer ..hoodie...vest etc inside your bibs may want to up a size .

How are the inseam adjustments? ..similar to SI ?
yeah roll up cuffs.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:22 PM »
I got a pair of bibs at the end of last season when they went on sale for $50... Tried them on, they look and feel ok but have not worn them on the ice. I'm really more of a jeans and hoodie guy but figured they'd be good to have for the slushy days to keep the knees dry and at the price I paid if they fall apart it's not a big loss.
yup did the same.whole suit for 100$.for that price i took a chance.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.