Author Topic: todays bass  (Read 2330 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
todays bass
« on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:01 PM »
caught this one this morning,15 1/2 inches
knowone around to take my pic with him before i released it.

stump

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Re: todays bass
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:05 PM »
oops,wrong pic.try this one

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2004, 08:08 PM »
this one was this evening.16 1/2 inches                 panfish have really slowed down

stump

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Nice fish, but don't release those green carp.  Our lakes are over populated with green carp because of the whole C&R philosophy.  In the old days before C&R the fish were bigger and more plentiful, now those fish have to compete with green carp to survive.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2004, 04:44 PM »
Nice fish, but don't release those green carp.  Our lakes are over populated with green carp because of the whole C&R philosophy.  In the old days before C&R the fish were bigger and more plentiful, now those fish have to compete with green carp to survive.
All depends on the lake whether a fish should be released or not.

Those are some fat largemouth stump! keep em coming! :)
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2004, 08:05 PM »
     Our lakes are underpopulated with decent sized Largemouth Bass because people don't practice catch and release often enough. Sure there are times when lakes are overpopulated with Largemouth Bass, but if they are all kept, sunfish become overpopulated, and get stunted, and nobody wants to fish there anymore. It is common sense, if there are too many bass and they are getting stunted keep some if you have a use for them, if they aren't, release as many as you can if you don't want to eat them, and most people don't like bass as food anyways.  If they are an exotic species to the waters, it is probably a good idea to keep them to preserve the equalibrium, but don't keep bass just to kill them... too many times I have seen a nice bass or pike out on the ice or the shore because "they're invaders". It's not their fault that they are successful at living in all environments, they deserve to be  treated with the respect that all the other fishes get.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2004, 08:24 PM »
I released both bass,both pike,and all the catfish.they are all predators,but from what i have seen from our panfish population our lake is doing just fine with them.need those predators to keep the carp poulation in check.just my opinion.if i had a pile of panfish at the time i caught the bass i would have kept them.but yesterday was my catch and release day. :P

stump

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2004, 10:31 AM »
yeah stumper those are some nice bass but the pics are a little big.please limit them to 400 pxels wide to allow our members with slower internet connections to load them in a timely manner.i notice that you use photobucket and they make it very simple

1. go to your album at PB
2. find pic you wish to resize,you will notice 3 boxes above pic. move , edit  and delete.
3. click on edit
4 you will see a thumbnail of  pic with dimensions near it,and three boxes for resizing options below it  reduce to 75% ,50% or 25%... look at dimensions and do the math to get the width of the pic(second number)as close to 400 as possible.
5.choose best option and click resize.

thanks for your cooperation and keep those pics coming!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.