Author Topic: Christmas at the Green Machine?  (Read 2756 times)

grumpymoe

Christmas at the Green Machine?
« on: Dec 25, 2004, 06:20 PM »
Mountainmama and I have this holiday alone for the first time in years...our choice...so its off to the shanty for some fishing...a late start and get everything set up just before noon...its about less than 1/2 hr before MM gets a nibble....and not enough to set....I am bottom bouncing various jigs and decide to put on a SlowPoke tipped with the usual live chub.....very nice hit....hookset and off....minnow is still tugging away, so back to bottom bouncing....and shortly a nice hit and a just legal 18" eye....a whisker more and it would have had to go back...a little while later....another smack and this time a 19" eye that gets to swim another day......boy...high winds wreaked havoc on the lake...long finger drifts and around the shanty some around 4 feet deep....ice is settling and just one inch under the floor...so tomorrow its time to lift it up and get some clearance before the ice gets hold for the winter...only 2 other vehicles out.....hopefully tomorrow once things get straightened out, we get a decent walleye bite....the Full Moon hits and the feeding frenzy hopefully is on!!!..the last shot is the keeper that escaped the jaws of a big Northern....I intend on catching that one!!!...Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Christmas at the Green Machine?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2004, 06:40 PM »
nice pics grump looks like you kids had a great xmas!!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Nice "eye" grump ;)2
Merry Christmas to you and MM.
I have to work today but thats OK. Triple time and I will be fishing heavy next week.

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2004, 08:05 PM »
Merry Christmas Grump!

Great pics! Although, I did notice the pics of you and BW in the shanty just behind the Walleye's head ::)
Nice Eye! And Merry Christmas to you to Mountainmamma!!!!

Ho Ho Rocket>

camo_fish

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Great pictures again, grump, nice wally and Happy Holidays to you and MM.
 ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2004, 09:21 PM »
Alright G and MM tomorrow nice walters!!! Me and a couple of the good ol boys are headin out for some dawn walleyes and then hit the perch all day then hit some evening bite eyes with maybe a burbot or two in between should be awesome!!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline firsticerules

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get out be happy!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2004, 08:56 AM »
looks like you had a great christmas

FORGET MILK.......GOT ICE?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2004, 09:54 AM »
just a question, the dnr down here measures fish from indent of tail to lowerjaw point. 
that newspaper fish would get you a ticket in Illinois.  I never keep any questionable fish cause they shrink bad
after catch and freeze while officer checks his messages and krispy kreme times.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2004, 07:00 AM »
sorry for the late reply....as the fish lays....to the tip of the tail to the lower jaw....just legal by about 1/16"....suprisingly, or should i say not....only one throwback so far this season....almost every single eye has been around 17 1/2 to the 18" mark....and the lake holds alot of fish in the upper 20's....anything thats over, goes back.....Grump :P

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Great pic's Moe ....... you tease  ;D. I really envy you guys on the ice already ! It's going to be in the 50's here for the next few days  :'(. I'm going to have to travel north this weekend.
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Nice fish there grump, they'll be tasty!  That must have been a big northern to have hit a walleye that large, maybe you'll get a chance to squeeze him up through your fishing hole.  Hope he's as big as the 40"er you got last year.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.