New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE  (Read 29084 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
KB - I haven’t stopped kayak fishing! Nov-Feb Stripers!

Are you on the river?  Usually Im on the ice at this point, so Im hitting to lakes later this week
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Or drill out an ice livewell, clam also makes a fish bag that can stick in the hole ignorance is bliss simple YouTube or google search does wonders if you really want to learn there’s plenty of options this board being one

Or ask questions on a site like this. Isn’t this what it’s for?

Those fish were put back in the ice hole for a brief period after they were caught. Is that a no-no? They were very much alive when I released them.

This is a first.  Being called ignorant on a public forum where questions are supposedly encouraged. 
Old Noob - Sponsored by my lovely wife.

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular

Are you on the river?  Usually Im on the ice at this point, so Im hitting to lakes later this week

Yup. On a river all winter long. It’s great catching striped bass in a kayak.   Cold AF but what a blast!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Or ask questions on a site like this. Isn’t this what it’s for?

Those fish were put back in the ice hole for a brief period after they were caught. Is that a no-no? They were very much alive when I released them.

This is a first.  Being called ignorant on a public forum where questions are supposedly encouraged.
Clearly ignorant because the last line I wrote says that’s what this boards for, ignorant is posting your river bass from the hou____ic river with no blur no nothing the internet and ignorant people ruin fishing and boards like this

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clearly ignorant because the last line I wrote says that’s what this boards for, ignorant is posting your river bass from the hou____ic river with no blur no nothing the internet and ignorant people ruin fishing and boards like this

Is there a rule on this board that you have to blur out backgrounds on posted pics? Or is this just something that you decided on your own?

I certainly don’t want to break any board rules.

Offline Subway4X4

• Team IceShanty Regular

Hey KB - were you able to set up your Livescope? I’ve been using mine with great success over the past several years.  I hope my suggestions worked out for you.

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is there a rule on this board that you have to blur out backgrounds on posted pics? Or is this just something that you decided on your own?

No rules - its just a matter of that spot being burned, which has happened many times to many people because of innocent posts ..... that mainly affects small bodies of water that get fished out IMO though.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
No rules - its just a matter of that spot being burned, which has happened many times to many people because of innocent posts ..... that mainly affects small bodies of water that get fished out IMO though.
I guess not ignorant just blatantly clueless

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey KB - were you able to set up your Livescope? I’ve been using mine with great success over the past several years.  I hope my suggestions worked out for you.

I bought it in the ice fishing package and never used it because I had no ice. Im waiting for a network extension cable to adapt it to the kayak.  It will be delivered tomorrow.

I have an older Revo13 that doesnt have a flat spot to strap it down, so Im rigging it up differently.   Yes your suggestions helped, thank you

Im on the river when the run starts, till then Im chasing panfish on my local lakes.  I launch out of Norri Point.  We should 'hook up'. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity

Local to the river....while it may not be a rule, doing such a thing with that resource is in poor taste and 1000% creates additional pressure on a stock of fish we'd love to see spawn successfully in the spring.  Good news is, there are folks lobbying right now to shut that fishery down nearing the spawning time. So many out of staters come to harass those fish to "create content" nothing like pimping out mother nature for views/cash.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Just passing on this information  photos from and a report about this year's ice fishing contest have been posted on the Hurleyville fire department's Facebook account .

https://www.facebook.com/hurleyvillefiredepartment

May everyone have a nice president's day weekend.
  Steve

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Decided to mix things up.   HAHAHA.

(No, not me)

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great background love the angle looks like you are holding something hopefully that doesn't give your scenery away 😜

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
With all the above comments, I figured this would break up some of the tension....   ;D

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
With all the above comments, I figured this would break up some of the tension....   ;D
Nice Zander kb!! Good work buddy

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Boy what a tragedy in Loch Sheldrake.  Husband and wife went in .
My heart goes out to the family.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ouch.  Did they get them out?  Rescue or recovery?

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
 :'( STORY WAS IN THE RECORD.

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
I packed ice gear up a couple weeks ago and I am in a better area than you guys I really have a hard time understanding how people put fishing ahead of safety and I really like fishing people have to think

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Boy what a tragedy in Loch Sheldrake.  Husband and wife went in .
My heart goes out to the family.
Sad I saw this, why would they have been out there on such little garbage ice with no picks no nothing very dumb

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ouch.  Did they get them out?  Rescue or recovery?
Recovery older couple, names seemed Eastern European lived in the area tho sad they shoulda known better tip ups in the water still and all

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I found a news article on line.   That’s sad.  That’s not the way to spend your retirement.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
I go out on thin ice but spud, ice picks and even will wear a live preserver at times. People can get comfortable. With two people some distance and a rope is good. All that said there are maybe two or three places in Sullivan co with safe ice right now.

Offline Ranger521

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone live next to swinging Bridge Lake , That can tell me if all the ice is off looking to get the boat out.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
been good for few weeks now

Offline Ranger521

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well the 2023/2024 season is slowly approaching ..I figured I dust off the SENY thread. I purchased a 650xd in the spring and was able to christen it over the weekend on land of course . Had 6 people with various opinions seated inside ...set up for mock fishing layout some libations and good input ...but still have not landed on a seating/fishing layout . The full door is going to be quite the game changer .

Cheers 🍻to a great and prosperous upcoming season.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good hearing from you diehard, I’m chomping at the bit now too! Hopefully we get that little shot around Christmas like the last two years

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Hello guys & Diehard just checking in .. I am looking forward to the ice 🙂🕳️ ..
I am ordering my grubs soon.. I am planning a couple of trips.. can’t wait 🕳️🕳️  :icefish:
images.jpeg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.