Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607785 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13500 on: Oct 06, 2018, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....sorry to hear of the latest stumbling block  :(   hope you and the buyer can meet in the middle on this  ;)

IW.....hope MW gets your stone and dust delivered today even if a bit later than expected  :woot:  happy anniversary wishes to them  :)

H2L....glad MrsH2L is feeling up to a visit from family  :clap:  I'm guessing some shopping is on their agenda  ;)2

WS....funny story about the birds  :roflmao:  glad to hear your tests say you're "normal"  ;D  when does deer season begin  ???

Eddie....hope your sidewalk job goes well today  :flex:  good luck on the river  @)  are your sons joining you  ???

TT.....hope things straighten out at the senior center  :-\ 

Enjoy your day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13501 on: Oct 06, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

mr.clean sorry to hear about the bump in the road with the house. That has to be very frustrating. Hope they can get it taken care of promptly :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the pour goes well :thumbsup: Good luck fishing Monday  :thumbsup:

IW hope you get your stone and dust today. Congrats to MW on his Anniversary :clap:

WW hope the weather dries things out for you. We are in for  days of rain here starting Sunday night. They are saying 4+ inches before it is done. The bow season is already going. I don't want to start until the chase phase starts. The last 2 weeks in October I will be sitting, and if needed the first week or two in November.

I believe we are heading to the shack today to move the ladder stand. I also have to bring back my pickup and trailer. I hope no one swiped the tires ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13502 on: Oct 06, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like a fall day. Maybe a early winter. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water today and good luck to those in the woods.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13503 on: Oct 06, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Rain Rain go away come again another Month. It looks like it is done for today. Enough is enough!!! Got woke up around 5 am by thunder.

The good of yesterday. I took the dog to get the staples out. I was in the office for 5 minutes and out the door.

Now the bad. The wife fell in a convenience store parking lot on her way to bingo. She did not come home and went on to bingo. She called me just before bingo was over telling me she needed to go to the ER in Grand Rapids. She has a small break in her right elbow and possibly a small one in her wrist. A trip to our orthopedic office on Monday if we can not get into there out patent clinic today.

mrc I do not know if there is a specific recipie for the bread. I think that she just put the blue berries in some other recipie. Right now she is having to one hadnded typing that is driving her nuts as normally she is a fast typer.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13504 on: Oct 06, 2018, 04:22 PM »
TT so sorry to hear about you wife falling.

Wishing her the best!

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13505 on: Oct 06, 2018, 09:00 PM »
Good evening , has anyone else noticed that last few posts on page 450 are repeated on page 451. I met with realtor and gentlemen from radon company this morning have work proposal  after talking with my sister our plan is to tell potential buyer will are willing to give them a credit equal to half the cost of radon job. We will contact our lawyer and see what they think of our plan.
Eddie hope all went well with patio work at your brothers. Have a safe journey to Pulaski best of luck to you on the Salmon river.
Ice Wanderer did you get the materials to complete walkway today. Please pass my anniversary greetings onto Mealworm and his wife.
Wallyworld from your post guessing no problems helping friends close up their camp.
Whopper Stopper hope on your return to the "Shack" you found your pickup in good condition . Now that bear season is over due you have to remove any remaining bait from your stations  especially if deer hunting in same location.
Icefisher-45 how was the day you and wife got to spend together.
Hunts2long did your guests arrive safely . May the ladies have a good visit.
Tom Turkey sorry to read about your wife's fall, a speedy and good recovery to her.

A safe night to all best to all fishing and hunting tomorrow.
Steve
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13506 on: Oct 07, 2018, 05:24 AM »

Good Sunday morning ER's,
                             It's a balmy 60* out on my hill, I was surprised that it felt so warm when I let the weather cat out! ::)
                             Tom.......I'm sorry to hear that your wife had a fall, it's amazing that when someone wants to do something they wait till they are
                     done doing it, then go get checked out. :o
                             Steve.....I hope for you guys the buyers agree to split the cost! :thumbsup:
                             Marv......Are you moving your stand to your favorite deer spot or to one of the places you had it set up for bear and saw deer?
                             Eddie ...How did the pour go?
                             Well MW came through, he called me at 7:30 said he was leaving in a bit to pick me up to get my material. I bought 2,8 tons of stone and dust,
                     it took me about 2 hours to get it in place, all I have to do is get a tamper to compact it.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at Play.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13507 on: Oct 07, 2018, 06:07 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Overcast and 61* this am, high of 70 with a chance of showers.

Jeff...glad MW came through for you, Happy be-lated anniversary to him! That looks great, nice job...looking forward to more pictures!   :clap:
  Steve...best of luck, hope that works out for you.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...sorry to read that about your wife, wow! Best wishes sent to her for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:
  Marv...crossing they left the tires!   ;D.  Looking forward to the deer season reports!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...it might end up being a solo trip tomorrow if I go, the boys will be working.

Well, the patio started off fine, lol, the pump and concrete were both pretty much on time, concrete was only about 10minutes late. Started pumping at 11:15, had it all in before noon.
  It was a nice overcast day, low 60's with a light breeze...beautiful conditions. Had it all finished by 3:30 and made my way home. Don't think I was in the house more than 10 minutes when my brother called...said they just got hit with a quick downpour there and he could see the concrete was taking a pounding...not good. Hopped back in the truck and made the 30minute ride back, might have broke a few speed limits here and there.
  Not a trace of rain the whole ride until maybe a mile away from the home. Long story short, got lucky enough to get it totally refinished again and covered up with a big tarp...finished up around 10pm.  Heading back around 9am to see how it looks in the daylight...one of those crazy things that happen, a pop up storm out of nowhere.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13508 on: Oct 07, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

TT......so sorry to hear of MrsTT's fall  :( hope the healing is quick  ;)  glad to hear your lab is staple free now  :clap:

WS.....hope you found everything at the shack in good condition  :thumbsup: 

MrC....good luck with the offer to the buyers  ;) 

IW......glad to see MW came thru for you   :thumbsup:  walkway looks great, easier to shovel a path  :flex: :woot:

H2L....good luck on the alley tonight  ;)

Eddie.....sounds like a crazy day  :wacko:  hope it all looks good in the light of day  ;)2  good luck if you hit the river tomorrow  :)

Like Eddie, we also got hit with a serious downpour just as we got to the camper  :%$#!:  we all got soaked getting everything picked up and the camper hooked on the truck  ::)  about 10 minutes down the road the sky cleared and the sun started shining, never had another drop the rest of the day  :whistle: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13509 on: Oct 07, 2018, 07:47 AM »
I guess the rain gods did not listen to my plea yesterday as it is rain coming again this morning. The poor farmers are not  going to get their crops off if it does not let them dry out. There are a lot of beans that need to be combined along with a lot of corn. Theyneed to be able to dry off before either of them a can be harvested.

We went to the wife's daughters for an early Holloween party last night. Kept in side due to the chilly weather but still a good time.

Her daughter is home from her music teaching job in AZ for a few days as they are on fall break. She is looking at moving back here as things are not going like she had hoped they would out there. The main problem is their school year starts the first of the year and ours start in September. She has to sign her contract in January. There are little to no job openings in Michigan at that time of the year. There were a few of her old HS friends setting around a bon fire when we left for home.

mrc. I forgot to ask the step daughter about how the radon abatement was paid for when she bought her house. It does not look that complicated.

Eddie Hopefully you were able to save the pour. The only time I ever poured a slab I had to make a mad dash to get it covered before the rain hit. If I had not been able to get it covered it would have been a disaster as the rain off of the eaves would have destroyed it. The radar out you way does not show that much rain so hopefully you fishing trip goes off with out any rain.

ww Doesn't it seem as that is the way it goes when you are trying to get some thing done.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13510 on: Oct 07, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Getting ready for 3 days of rain, just what we need :cookoo:

Eddie dang, that was one of those calls you could do without. Glad in the end all turned out with the patio, I bet your brother was happy you helped him out :thumbsup:

IW glad to hear MW came through, good looking job :thumbsup:. It will be fun to see it when you get the tamping finished.

WW you making plans for getting back on the lake? Hope you have an excellent day :thumbsup:

I made it to the shack yesterday with my crack team. We took the ladder stand down from the bear crib and moved it to the far northeast corner of my property to my favorite deer area. It only took about 1.5 hours from start to finish. I am getting excited to spend some time in the area as the last couple of years have paid off pretty well.

We then loaded and hauled a bunch of extra bear bait home. I did go over the bait budget by $100, but I thought that was pretty good. I will have to figure out where to store it in case I have a use for it next year some place.

My s-i-l had been gone for a full week in Kentucky for work. She brought back a treat request I had made after listening to Eddie and a few others here on the 9:45. We can't buy it here so it was fun giving it a whirl. I am happy to say we liked it although as the last one went down I couldn't help but wish she had bought more ;D

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13511 on: Oct 07, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Looks like the warm weather is returning this week. Me and my wife had a good day. Headaches unfortunately are getting worse. Fortunately I have a appointment with a neurologist on Friday. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13512 on: Oct 07, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Good Morning all,well a bit of a weather changes is heading my way, some rain turning to snow.  Tomorrow is the work on the Mrs. other eye.  Latest word on new store the city and Gander have reached an agreement on being allowed to have up to 25% of the floor space to display camping trailers.  So now another redrawing of the floor plan.  Sure feels like fall hunting weather.

Not much on the plate, watch the Packers, then see if the Rockies can win 3 in a row.  Have to start with today's game.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13513 on: Oct 07, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Good evening lazy day here currently watching the NY. Rangers hockey game high scoring back and forth contest against Carolina Hurricanes. When I turn on my TV it goes to service providers news channel bad accident in in rural area west of state capital in Albany a limo lost control left roadway and crashed in a parking lot 20 people killed (18 in limo,2 pedestrians ) few details being released at this time.
Ice Wanderer nice work with the walkway hope it makes trips to your wood shed and outside boiler easier during the Winter months.
Eddie may the patio turn out alright not the phone call one wants to receive . Have a good time fishing tomorrow.
Wallyworld never fun getting caught in a shower without some type of rain gear. I've been caught in a few myself .
Tom Turkey my sister does not want to pay full cost of radon work in case something is found once job starts also know idea if buyer has plans to waterproof and finish the basement. Part of closing cost will be buyer crediting us for fuel oil currently in tank and propane used for kitchen stove. May things work out for your grand daughter .
Whopper Stopper maybe your guide friend would be interested in your left over bear bait.  Glad all of you enjoy the Yuengling  .
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear headaches are getting more frequent and severe may you get answers.
IFF best to your wife with the eye surgery. Happy Gander and the city reached an agreement and your home store will open.

Rangers are off to a rough start 0-3 to open the season final score of today's game was 8-5 .
Have a safe and pleasant evening enjoy the Columbus Day holiday.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13514 on: Oct 08, 2018, 04:31 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        Happy Columbus Day to all. :clap:
                        It's 45* and cloudy here on my hill, the guessers don't predict much sun this week, but that can change. ::)
                        Eddie........Good luck if you're heading up to the river this morning. Yo're a good man for sticking it out for your brother, what a mess that
                would have been. :%$#!:
                        Marv.........Couldn't you have left the bait in the woods, the bears would have enjoyed the rest of it? ???
                        Steve....... I just saw on the news about that Limo accident in Schoharie, New York, it seems the limo was speeding and ran a stop sign!
                It's a shame, people hire a limo to go to a party to be safe and the driver screws up! :o :o
                        Tom.........I hope the farmers can get a break in the weather to get their crops in! :blink:
                        I-45.........My wife had dinner with a neighbor that we just met and the woman had a headache that wouldn't go away, she was on all
                different Meds and finally they got it under control but the meds screwed up her digestive system. She was on all Gluten free foods for 3 years.
                They finally got her on the right Meds and bow she has just started eating normal food. Good luck with you Dr. Visit. :flex:
                       Bud..........No wonder employees are leaving, it doesn't seem that Gander knows how to set up a store. :wacko:
                       I hope everyone has a good Columbus Day either at work or the day off!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13515 on: Oct 08, 2018, 04:50 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Columbus Day!     :thumbsup:
  51* and calm this am, high of 61.  Held off on the salmon trip up to Pulaski today. Aside from being one of the busiest days of the season up there, came down with a slight case of the chills yesterday. The thought of standing in knee to waist deep water all day just wasn't that appealing last evening. Kept thinking about those younger fellas last trip falling in, Doh!  ;D.  Maybe next weekend.

Jeff..thanks, glad there was time to save it anyway.  :thumbsup:  Are you going to hunt the early muzzle loader this season?
  Steve...what a horrific accident, so so sad. That happened about a half hours drive or less from here, in Schoharie. Honestly, would have actually passed right by there this am to pick up the NYS Thruway at the Canajoharie exit. It's a very bad intersection with a reputation for accidents, but nothing like this. May they all RIP...
  Bud...best wishes to your wife with the eye surgery this morning!  :thumbsup:  Glad they finally reached a decision on the new store...any word on the opening date?
  I-45...hope Friday's appointment pinpoints the problem, hang in there!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...that's great you got your stand up and ready to go in your favorite spot, best of luck! Glad you got a sample of the Yuengling, that's awesome!!   :clap:
  Tom...best wishes to your wife's daughter, hope things work out for her.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...maybe next weekend I'll toot the horn going through Rome.  ;D. Sorry you had a crazy day with that weather as well.

All things considered, the finish on the patio wasnt awful bad. It was discolored from all the added water as I knew it would be, but that can be remedied. Going to let it set for the week and see how it cures out. Worst case scenario, I'll antique it with a stain as we do with stamped concrete and seal it.
  My sons both bow hunted together yesterday, saw a few, but no shots. They've got a few decent bucks on camera, and two bears roaming in their area.
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13516 on: Oct 08, 2018, 05:02 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Getting set for 3 days of rain. Flood watches across the board from here to the shack

IW Happy Columbus day to you Sir! I actually left a lot of the opened treats and perishable bait out there. I had boxes of sealed candy and buckets of frosting that I brought home.

mr.clean I had called the guide and asked him if he wanted any. He said they just scatter left over stuff for the critters.

Eddie good luck fishing today, safe travels  :thumbsup

Not much going on here today with the rain coming. I may sneak over to the rifle range before things get too wet.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13517 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:28 AM »
WS There is no need to share that rain with me. Send it off into Canada please. It is guessed to head into the 80's today. I got woke up around 5 am to another down pour. I need to pick up some acorns here for the deer at the hunting property. They are probably all ready sprouting. They will have to be dumped out as soon as I get them over there or they will mold in the buckets as they are so wet. My son is late getting the food pots in with the rain. Usually we have trouble getting them to sprout due to the lack of rain.

The wife is waiting for our orthopedic office to open. She talked to their emergency clinic Saturday. They put her on the list to be seen by the right specialist to see her today on an emergency basis. She just needs to call to get the time.

IFF That city sounds like the one we live near. They talk big about wanting to grow but squash most ideas that come up. A great restaurant out of town because it was in competition with the other restaurants. Now there are NO restaurants in town, the other two went out of business. One has been repurposed. The other is being remodeled. It is taking them for ever to get it reopened.

Eddie it is good to hear that you were able to pretty much save the pour. it sounds like your are planning to dye the concrete to even out the color. I have a nephew in VA that is a CPA. He could not stand to be stuck in an office so he went into concrete. He does a bit of stamped concrete. He builds also foam block basements and houses. I called him one time. He had the prints for a big government project. There was a million dollars of just the foam blocks in the project. He did not bid on it as it was to much for him to handle. One time when we were hunting turkeys at a place he had just did a foam basement addition to a house. I had helped him set the blocks on it after I got done hunting turkeys at noon. It was at an old gravel quarry and cement plant. We went to see what was up as we could here a cement truck running. They owner of the place was back filling between the house and addition with what he called flowable concrete. It was a sloppy mix that flowed between the two, even around a corner. It just flowed into it own level filling the gaps so the dirt would not collapse under the house. No shoveling to back fill. That old quarry had yellow pea gravel in it. The pea gravel sure made for some beautiful slabs.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13518 on: Oct 08, 2018, 12:02 PM »
34* this morning, then off to have the eye surgery done.  Didn't go as planned, 20 minutes, for that turned into an hour.  So will have to see how the recovery goes.  Day off today, and think a fire in the fireplace is in order.

Don't expect much in the way of when we will get our first deliveries of display materials, until maybe last week this month.

See Face Book users are getting bombed with friend requests that are being sent by hackers.  :nono: So goes the world  ::)

Could see white rain later today.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13519 on: Oct 08, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Afternoon all,

WS.....you have my condolences regarding the weather  :'(   this fall has been ridiculous with all the rain  ::)  now they're saying another inch or more on Thursday  :%$#!:  I still have to try to smooth out the ruts I put in the lawn while mowing last week  :blink:

IFF.....hope MrsIFF's eye recovery goes smoothly   :clap:  enjoy your day off tomorrow   ;)

Eddie.....hope you're feeling better today, good plan to stay out of the water if you're under the weather :thumbsup:

TT....hope MrsTT's appointment went well and she's on the mend now  ;)2

IF45.....sorry to hear the headaches are getting worse   :'(   hope your doctor's visit Friday brings some answers and some relief   :)

Decided last minute to hit the lake this morning  @)  landed a few nice crappies in the 11 - 12" range   :flex:  lost one decent walleye at the boat  :blink:  supposed to get some temps near 80 the next couple of days then a big cool down by the weekend  :wacko:  MrWW hasn't hit the woods yet, but is thinking of heading to camp Thursday afternoon for a few days so things will be quiet around here  ;)

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13520 on: Oct 08, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Good evening ,last update I heard on the tragic accident in Schoharie,NY. does not look good for the limo company person driving did not have proper endorsement on his license to operate that size vehicle also questions about brake system being able to stop vehicle.
Ice Wanderer hope you and the family had a good Columbus Day.
Eddie may you be feeling better. Glad you were able to cover concrete in time and have no major problems with brother's patio. Best to you and your sons this dear season.
Whopper Stopper wish I could tell you how long the candy and frosting will last even if packaging is not opened. May all the rain not cause you any problems.
Tom Turkey hope your wife was able to see a doctor today and get on the road to recovery from her fall. Hopefully the weather will allow you to collect acorns in coming days.
IFF may your wife have a good post surgery experience and results. Mow that your store is a go may things go smoother then they have over the past few months.
Wallyworld may things dry out so you can work on your lawn. Best to Mr.WW this deer season.

A safe and good night to all.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13521 on: Oct 09, 2018, 03:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  58* to start the am with, climbing up to 77 here today.

Steve...agreed, after hearing all the recent updates yesterday, believe theres going to be a very,very big problem for that limo company. Thanks for the good luck wishes, will pass them on!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...nice job on the crappies! Warm front should help dy things out again....before the next rain. Best of luck to Mr.WW this week!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...best wishes to your wife on a speedy recovery.  :thumbsup:  Big temperature change out there for you...imagine some of the higher elevation lakes will benefit from that weather.
  Tom...yes, chances are good I'll probably stain the patio, see what this weeks weather does with the drying. Hope things went well for your wife yesterday...bet wishes to her on a speedy recovery as well.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...some crappy weather out that way! Hope you've got some inside work to keep you occupied...honey do list catch up?

Wondering if today will bring us the last 3 pieces of stone to finish " The Great Wall " puzzle?  ;D
  Running a bit behind, will see how you all are doing around break...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13522 on: Oct 09, 2018, 03:58 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 59* and cloudy here on my hill, we could really use some sun around here. ::)
                          Eddie........I hope the last pieces of the Great Wall of Albany arrive so you can finish it. :flex: I plan on muzzle load hunting next week.
               Today I plan on setting up my ground blind and camera at #3 sons house. He has seen a few deer in his field behind his house, there is a pretty
               good runway back there. :woot:
                          Marv.......I hope you get a break in the weather. ???
                          Tom .......I hope your wife gets well soon. :thumbsup:
                          Bud........To your wife as well, I hope for her speedy recovery from her eye surgery. :thumbsup:
                          Steve......The news was full of Alerts yesterday about the accident, someone is in deep S&%T! :blink:
                          I was suppose to get the plate tamper yesterday to tamp my walkway but it drizzled all day and tamping would have made a mess. I put it
               off till tomorrow but that might not happen, the guessers keep changing their forecast. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13523 on: Oct 09, 2018, 05:38 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Drip, drip, drip on this part of the map. 48 heading to 50 by afternoon. The good news is if this was all snow by the wrap up we would have over a yard of snow ???

Good luck on finishing the wall Eddie! Hope today is the day :thumbsup:

IW what make muzzle loader do you have ??? Hope you are able to get a break with the weather to tamp.

Bud best wishes for your wife, hope the recovery goes well :thumbsup:

WW are you going to bake a bunch of cookies for Mr WW to take to deer camp? Don't forget he likes the ones with the Hershey Kisses on top :clap:

TT I remember not all that long ago you kept after me to send you rain, now that I do you don't want it ??? You seem a tad cantankerous   ;D

Tonight we are taking a class called Social Security claiming: Facts & Maximization Stratigies. It's for anyone that plans on claiming within the next few years so we figured we better see what they have to talk about.

Hope you all have an excellent day  :thumbsup: Stay safe

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13524 on: Oct 09, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Morning all,

WS...you have a VERY good memory  ;)2  at least you don't have to shovel rain   ;D   enjoy your class tonight, hope you get some worthwhile info  :)

MrC.....I was surprised to see the limo crash on the national news last night   :o   looks like the limo company will end up being held responsible, such a terrible tragedy  :'(

IFF....hope Mrs IFF is doing ok today and the eye is healing nicely  ;)

IW....looks like 2 beautiful DRY fall days on tap  :thumbsup: :clap:  good time to finish up outside chores before the next round of rain  :-\

Eddie....hope your remaining pieces arrive today so you can wrap that project up once and for all   :flex:  think the Salmon River hatchery is stripping salmon now, interesting to see if you've never been there  ;)

TT.....hope this nice weather extends west your way  :)   couldn't believe the sun was actually shining this morning  @)  I have every window and door in the house open  :clap:

Some errands to run this morning, then maybe a bike ride later   :whistle:  the leaves are slowly changing but the colors are definitely dull and drab so far  :-\ 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13525 on: Oct 09, 2018, 08:27 AM »
No rain in the lower this morning for a change. I did see that there was a mix in the middle of Wisconsin headed to the UP. Looked dry around Minneapolis and NW Wisconsin. By the looks of N Dakota Marv has tracking snow coming. Possible frost guessed this week end with the 80's for today. No wonder there are so many sick people.

We decided to take the splint off of the wife's arm yesterday morning as we felt it was causing her hand to swell plus more pain than helping as it was to tight. The swelling started to go down and the  pain decreased. After calling and not getting any calls back from our orthopedic office, she actually got hung up on by one woman, we went to their urgent care clinic. They were made aware of what was going on in the main office. She was seen by a PA that was one that I had seen before. She was very good. She saw no actual break but did see a small tear in a tendon in her elbow. When we got back to the car she had a message that her knee and hip man would take a look, at her appointment with him on Thursday. He will get an ear full. You let a possible fracture go for a few more days???
This morning she is able to actualy use her arm and hand. Swelling in her hand is pretty much gone.

WW I see you posted while I was hunting and picking. We have sunshine this morning. It finally came out yesterday around noon too.

Time to get busy and do some things the wife should not be doing so she does not over do it. Every one have a great day.

Hopefully later today I can go get some acorns for the deer at my hunting proerty as I am going over there tomorrow to pickup my meds.

Marv I am actually known as the "grumpy old man." I had a video of the movie given to me for Christmas one year. You did not share any rain when we needed it and now that we don't you will not quit.  ;D

Eddie What is that saying? "You can dream can't you" I think. The Great Wall build has been a fiasco from before the start.

It sounds like that limo company was a disaster waiting to happen. Sadly it did happen. Prayers for all of those involved.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13526 on: Oct 09, 2018, 11:59 AM »
good late morning, see I have some white rain on the way. Couple weeks early if you ask me.  Could be a good year for Wisconsin deer hunters if snow cover week of Thanksgiving week.

Follow up with the eye surgeon, says not all the cataract got removed, and looks like there is something else float behind the new lens.  ??? ::) :o   Surgeon wants a follow up in a week to see how is going.  Got a notice for Jury duty right in the middle of things.  Might need to get Dr. to declare me unfit for that.

SIL better get on the stick and get the sprinkler system put to bed.  One forecast low is down to 16* later this week.

On thing I keep putting off is to find out how to withdraw money from a 401K  ???
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13527 on: Oct 10, 2018, 02:35 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and 62* this am, high of 75 today.

Bud...best wishes sent to your wife, hopefully another surgery isn't necessary. That's some cold weather paying you a visit this week... hope the sprinklers get winterized before that settles in.   :thumbsup:
  Tom..glad your wife is coming along and no fracture seen, very good news! Hope the receptionist caught an earful for her rudeness, maybe even a layoff... :thumbsup:
  Wally...never did see the salmon getting stripped of eggs in person at the hatchery, always wanted to see that... have seen them spewing eggs stream side. Another nice day coming....good luck with the fishing if you're hooking up the boat or have a safe ride!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...how was the class last evening? Hope some better weather is in today's forecast.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you picked a nice spot for the ground blind, best of luck! Looks like a good day to get your walk tamped today!   :thumbsup:

Got a 5am start today, pumping a concrete cap on a wall that's 350' long....black concrete. This should be interesting.  ;D.
  The 3 bluestone caps arrived yesterday... :bow:   We might even get a chance to set them today and be done with the wall finally...hurray!!
  Cawfee's on..
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting! 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13528 on: Oct 10, 2018, 03:39 AM »

31* and some flurries at 2 AM, Think some elk/Italian sausage is about to hit the frying pan, for my lunch pail. 

Eddie hope your pour goes as planned, and get the wall put to bed  :thumbsup:

think I better break out some cool weather clothing, or at least more than just the short sleeve shirt.  ::)

Have a great day all.

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13529 on: Oct 10, 2018, 03:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 63* and clear skies a nice day ahead and down hill after that. ::)
                            Eddie.......That's good news that the material showed up so you can finally finish the "great Wall Of Albany." :thumbsup: I think my blind
                   is in a good spot, I saw a lot of deer hoof prints in some mud. I put up my trail camera so I'll wait till Friday before I check it out. :flex: It was so
                   warm yesterday afternoon, while I was setting up my blind, I said to myself it's too hot to be hunting but that will change. :blink:
                            Tom......I hope your wife recovers after that screw up. ???
                            Wally.....When the sun finally came out it was a nice day for a ride, good choice. :clap:
                            Bud.......I hope another surgery isn't necessary for your wife. ???
                            I'm getting the tamper first thing this morning so I can get things wrapped up so I can concentrate on hunting. :thumbsup:
                            I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday either at work or out fishing, hunting or riding a motorcycle.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.