Author Topic: Another Day of Variety on Winni  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
Another Day of Variety on Winni
« on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:11 PM »
My friend and I went out again Wednesday. We were targeting whites but ended up with three lakers four smallmouth and one white..no complaints...  The other day I caught the first 3 and my friend caught the rest. This time he caught the first four and I got the last four. LOL...   had several other good strikes.. and a few streaks from the bottom.  A gorgeous day on the ice. The two pics were the biggest smallmouth and laker   Luckily both mine this time,,,Truth be told the big laker was caught with my eyes closed, jigging and enjoying the sun nearly dozing off....Until I was jolted......Also a question for all of you that use electronics,,,many times yesterday when I "pounded the bottom" a lot of stuff went floating up by my lure on the flasher and then hung out about halfway up...wondering what you figure it is...still a vexilar newbie.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
Re: Another Day of Variety on Winni
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Sounds like a good day 👍🏻    The stuff your seeing is most likely debris kicking up from the bottom..
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2018, 08:48 AM »
That was our guess... but it gets exciting for a few seconds thinking fish are coming up.....until they just float on by

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:11 AM »
My friend and I went out again Wednesday. We were targeting whites but ended up with three lakers four smallmouth and one white..no complaints...  The other day I caught the first 3 and my friend caught the rest. This time he caught the first four and I got the last four. LOL...   had several other good strikes.. and a few streaks from the bottom.  A gorgeous day on the ice. The two pics were the biggest smallmouth and laker   Luckily both mine this time,,,Truth be told the big laker was caught with my eyes closed, jigging and enjoying the sun nearly dozing off....Until I was jolted......Also a question for all of you that use electronics,,,many times yesterday when I "pounded the bottom" a lot of stuff went floating up by my lure on the flasher and then hung out about halfway up...wondering what you figure it is...still a vexilar newbie.

Come to think of it..if it’s just hanging up about halfway, could also be smelt ? 

I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:28 AM »
That was the other guess...some kind of baitfish....I tried jigging up in the middle of it when they held in that area but had no luck...thanks for the info and good luck

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2018, 09:29 AM »
Yes Snitch still 20 inches of ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.