New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339125 times)

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10950 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:38 AM »
This is where using the USS Trout to access the ice has its advantages :roflmao:

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10951 on: Mar 04, 2020, 11:05 AM »
For those with no boats!  Spot lock and lakers for me as soon as it thaws.  No crowds either!

Thought boat fish don't count?
westernmas on the finder

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10952 on: Mar 04, 2020, 11:33 AM »
For those with no boats!  Spot lock and lakers for me as soon as it thaws.  No crowds either!
This website is called ice shanty

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10953 on: Mar 04, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Glad you are ok.

Thanks - I was trying to climb up onto a dock and thought I could step from the ice to the dock but I thought wrong  ::). I went in up to my shoulders but popped up and got my elbows on the ice and my kid dragged me out. I probably should have swam the two feet to the dock and climbed out because I was still on the wrong side of the crack. My buddy got a running start and jumped over and we pushed our sleds across and my kid and I walked a few houses south where there wasn't a bubbler, climbed out and walked across the lawns to get our stuff.

First year for me with a float suit and not only did it pop me up but I was basically dry from the knees up.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10954 on: Mar 04, 2020, 01:14 PM »
So you can read?  I was told you were illiterate.
Nope not illiterate, funny tho slowaccord66 got the jokes!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10955 on: Mar 04, 2020, 01:34 PM »
Glad you are OK. Float suit and not alone. Did everything right....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10956 on: Mar 04, 2020, 01:43 PM »
Nope not illiterate, funny tho slowaccord66 got the jokes!
But you spelled his name wrong...I think he was right about you

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10957 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:05 PM »
X2

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10958 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:19 PM »

Thanks - only thing I would do differently is have my picks in hand. I always do if I'm solo but had people with me and didn't. The other thing that struck me and I told my kid is he shouldn't have grabbed me because he could have gone in too and instead throw me the boat fender with 20' of rope that's always in my sled.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10959 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:24 PM »
We should always learn something from our mistakes....h2l
Northville, NY

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10960 on: Mar 04, 2020, 02:41 PM »
Mistakes are treasures some say, for that very reason.

Glad you’re safe

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10961 on: Mar 04, 2020, 03:03 PM »
Glad you're ok ship. . Always wear your ice picks. . Yeah your kid. . Son I assume. . Is lucky too. . On to trout and stripers for me. .  ;D. .

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10962 on: Mar 04, 2020, 04:34 PM »
Me also ship. Never even stepped foot on LG this season and dosen't look like I will.
We had a really good last trip to the pake which filled my disappointing ice year .

No interest in prolonging the misery,  only hopefully a mud free spring on the mighty muddy.
Time to set the clock forward

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10963 on: Mar 04, 2020, 04:40 PM »
Me also ship. Never even stepped foot on LG this season and dosen't look like I will.
We had a really good last trip to the pake which filled my disappointing ice year .

No interest in prolonging the misery,  only hopefully a mud free spring on the mighty muddy.
Time to set the clock forward

I'm planning on one last hurrah this weekend if you're interested by any chance - thinking of all day Saturday, stay over and fish until noon or so Sunday. Good to hear about the pannies - I almost went a week or two ago when it was safe but I'm hooked on lakers and if I have a shot at a 30 inch plus fish ripping drag all the way to the bottom I just can't go for perch  ;D

If the weather cooperates this should be an incredible season for big fat cows @)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10964 on: Mar 04, 2020, 05:04 PM »
Thanks but my gear is put away for the season and im working on projects.

I have this month to get everything in order as my livestock comes early April and we go on an 8 day , 4 state tour with Lukas Nelson starting April 10 in PA.
When i get back,  hopefully the river will be ready for the boat or vice versa.

Good luck and stay on top

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10965 on: Mar 05, 2020, 02:31 AM »
Thanks - I was trying to climb up onto a dock and thought I could step from the ice to the dock but I thought wrong  ::). I went in up to my shoulders but popped up and got my elbows on the ice and my kid dragged me out. I probably should have swam the two feet to the dock and climbed out because I was still on the wrong side of the crack. My buddy got a running start and jumped over and we pushed our sleds across and my kid and I walked a few houses south where there wasn't a bubbler, climbed out and walked across the lawns to get our stuff.

First year for me with a float suit and not only did it pop me up but I was basically dry from the knees up.
Wow been there not fun glad you made it out safe n thanks for saving me a trip I hear the fat lady singing ::)

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10966 on: Mar 05, 2020, 01:21 PM »
most likely will be my last weekend out, thanks for keeping me entertained this season boys

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10967 on: Mar 05, 2020, 01:41 PM »
Glad you made it out ok Ship and the float suit did it’s job!!  :thumbsup:

Offline hac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10968 on: Mar 06, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Anyone been out at Hullets landing just wondering if the ice is holding.

Offline Rumby86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10969 on: Mar 07, 2020, 06:28 AM »
Anyone know if the ice is still good to get out on Huddle beach rd?  Thanks

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10970 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Anyone know if the ice is still good to get out on Huddle beach rd?  Thanks

No

Offline Rumby86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10971 on: Mar 07, 2020, 11:00 AM »
Ok. Thanks SS

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10972 on: Mar 07, 2020, 01:49 PM »
One of the guys who went swimming Tuesday was a buddy of mine. pretty hairy. I drove the entire length of the lake today from Ti all the way to MDB. My guess is the ice will be mostly gone by the end of next weekend.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10973 on: Mar 07, 2020, 02:33 PM »
One of the guys who went swimming Tuesday was a buddy of mine. pretty hairy. I drove the entire length of the lake today from Ti all the way to MDB. My guess is the ice will be mostly gone by the end of next weekend.
On the lake now, few areas will be fishable tmrw and then that’s about it 35 surface temp under the ice few spots my spud went through one wack

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10974 on: Mar 07, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Couple side by sides out even one guy broke through with one tire 15 yards from shore hit a weak spot luckily was shallow and he was able to drive out

Offline Jlay_upstateny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10975 on: Mar 07, 2020, 07:57 PM »
Fished pilot knob yesterday.... 4-5 inches. Ice was starting to candlestick when cutting. Marked a ton of fish suspended around 30 feet everywhere I jigged from 80-120 ft... Crack opened up 2 feet by 11:30 when I left. Ended up with 5 jigging for a few hours. Hopefully able to hit maybe huletts one last time this week before it's all gone..

Hunting trouts.

Offline NHhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10976 on: Mar 08, 2020, 08:04 AM »
 Just want to thank all the contributors for the info you gave on Lake George. Helped me plan my trips there and added to my perch fishing catch. Thanks again

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10977 on: Mar 10, 2020, 07:16 AM »
Well for me the season is over on LG, but I will probably try to hit some smaller water if it gets cold enough at night again.  That being said.  Stay safe. 

Thought I would share this video from a guy I know out of Brant Lake.  Great tips on staying safe on ice conditions that may be questionable (this is not me saying that you should go out on LG or any at all. Even after watching this.) 

Use good judgement, that way we get to see you next ice season.   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10978 on: Mar 10, 2020, 08:44 AM »
Fished huletts yesterday for my King Season finale. With temps not really dropping below freezing at all this week, i bet it'll go quickly here soon. Ice was very soft by the time we got off with footsteps going 1-2" into the slush that had formed on top. Almost everywhere we drilled was 7-8" of ice with 4-5" of it being clear ice. I noticed the quality of that clear ice decreasing pretty rapidly as the day went along too. The bottom of some of the holes were sharp from how the ice was breaking off and you could tell that some honeycombing was starting to set in. My guess is that most of that good ice will honeycomb by the weekend. Remember to be extra cautious and spud away. Most previously drilled holes were able to be broken with one spud hit by the time we got off so keep your eyes peeled for old holes/ weep holes.

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10979 on: Mar 11, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Makes me wish I could get out one more time on the queen.  Fun to watch this guy as always. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.