Author Topic: Custom ATV/Sled storage boxes and Setups  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Rogger2006

• IceShanty Rookie
Custom ATV/Sled storage boxes and Setups
« on: Dec 07, 2022, 10:32 AM »
Folks I have an older sled (2012 Polaris 550 IQ Shift) that I'm upgrading and bringing back to life! I've put a new taller windshield on, coldcutters into the track and Dooly ski runners. My next project for the rig is a custom storage (trappers) rear box. If you guys have some sweet storage setups, please send some pics of your rigs and any advice would be much appreciated. Im most concerned with being able to fit and safely store my Livescope system and hold my jigging rods, maybe even a bait bucket. Lets see your setups!
`````````````````'/\
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                 Thanks, Roger
                                 \/

Offline Rogger2006

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Custom ATV/Sled storage boxes and Setups
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2022, 12:35 PM »
That system look pretty sweet, a bit pricey too. Unfortunately it doesn't cover and protect/house the Livescope at all, so I would still need to build a box and I don't want to spend over $400 on that rack and a custom box. Again thanks for the info, just wont work for my needs. Tight Lines!
`````````````````'/\
                                 \/

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2022, 07:29 PM »
I have this set up on my ATV. They also got a front box.

Not cheap, but mine has been on 3 different ATV's and still functions like new. A buddy has his mounted to his sled.

WS

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2022, 08:06 PM »

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2022, 08:58 PM »
I put this rack on the back of my 2005 550 Polaris Edge that holds my basket and I load that with what I need. I do bring a jet sled to haul the rest of my gear as there is usually 4 of us going out

Offline Rogger2006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2022, 05:39 PM »
Thanks for some pretty sweet ideas. I recently started to disassemble the rear of my sled to make room for a new box. Pulled off the black light housing and unwired the tail light. Now I have to make a wooden frame (which will be painted black) to mount my box to. I’m not sure if I’m making the box or buying a storage bin. Trying to keep the price reasonable <$100. I’ll keep this thread updated with my progress.

`````````````````'/\
                                 \/

Offline Rogger2006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2022, 10:49 AM »
Instead of the tub, I'd go with the kooler.  They are much more sturdy because of being double walled and insulated, as well.  Not to mention that it would be more waterproof than a tub.   You might even be able to move light housing to on top of the rear bumper bar and rachet strap the kooler between it and the seat.

That’s genius, just ordered a large cooler and will post later when it arrives and is installed. I’m going to mount to a 3/4” plywood base that is cut just smaller than the cooler’s bottom dimensions. This will add rigidity to the whole setup, and I will be mounting the light to the middle of the cooler facing rear ward.   
`````````````````'/\
                                 \/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.