The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: combat vet fishing again!  (Read 2142 times)

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
combat vet fishing again!
« on: Sep 09, 2009, 12:35 PM »
hey everyone.

im in iraq right now for the second tour and living this life has gave me very little time to go fishing with the man who taught me how (my old man). im from menasha wisconsin, and everytime i get a chance to go home we really dont catch much, but a buzz. i got him an ice shanty for christmas a few years back and this year i bought myself/him a really nice gas auger. im really excited to use it and to share some good times with him out on the ice. im only going to be home for christmas and news years this time, so i have about a total of 13 days of being home. im planning on going for a weekend getaway with him anywhere in WI. i just wanted a few pointers on where i should go, since ive been out of the loop for a while. thanks for responding ill be checking back with you all frequently.

sgt aaron "brickhouse" bricco
IF YOUR GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP ON MOVING! DON'T SLOW DOWN.

A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: combat vet fishing again!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Thank you for your service

Jeff

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Yup, thanks for serving, appreciated. The Wisconson IS guyz will be more than willing to hook you up , I`m sure.

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Thanks for doing your part!  From another Airborne guy. I was with the 82nd about a hundred years ago!
You should be able to find some fish right there on lake Winnebago. I hear the perch fishing is great out there. I have just never had time to try it.

Good luck over there and good luck with the fish when you get back.
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2009, 06:21 AM »
Thank you for a job well done!

I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:42 AM »
not a problem guys. our military is very proud and happy with all of the support that we get from you guys. it really keeps us moving.

whats the wisconsin IS guyz?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:52 AM »
not a problem guys. our military is very proud and happy with all of the support that we get from you guys. it really keeps us moving.

if you ever fall otta of a plane in western pa your always welcome to fish here,i hope the local is guys help you out    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2009, 12:00 PM »

wisc ice shanty members

unfortionaly I won't be much help unless you want to really go for a road trip. but good luck to you!! if you get up this way PM me and we'll catch some fish. Good luck and thanks for the service with all the negativity out there from the news and other media there is still folks around that support and appreciate the sacrifices that you give up for our country.
thats the biggest smelt i've ever seen 

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Not sure where menasha is but Castle Rock has some very good ice fishing. It has nice crappies and bluegills and has nice walleye we mostly use the gps and get on the the river channel and fish that. the river channel runs like 15 to 25 fow and just find the brush in the river channel and you are on fish. I also fish lake redstone alot if you ever get around there stop in at LaValle outdoors sporting goods store and you can get some great info on the lake there my buddy owns it.

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2009, 02:07 PM »
alright guys, thanks for all the tips and support. i have places from here to there i want to go, just needed a little direction. good luck looking down the hole this year. anytime you want to come by upper lake winnebago, make sure you stop by jitterz bar in menasha, im sure ill be there. have a great one.

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2009, 02:53 PM »
No thank you for everything, you have done enough all you needed was a couple good ice fishing spots

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2009, 01:30 PM »
You could always try the circus on Shawano Lake, I've never fished it but I've heard good things about it, from fish stories 15-20 years old though.  Last time I was in the area I was headed to Wabeno and passed the east shore and there was permanents as far as the eye can see.

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2009, 09:10 AM »
hey, thanks for reminding me. i know that even though there are alot of people there it should be nice. thanks man.     by the way, ive been keeping my eye on the weather around there and its a really cold first week of october!

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2009, 10:52 AM »
by the way, ive been keeping my eye on the weather around there and its a really cold first week of october!

It's 11:00am here in Fox Lake, and the snow is flying, Oct. 10th.  Beautiful

By the way, you aren't by chance a member of the 32nd BCT are you?  I've got a lot of friends over in Iraq right now part of that deployment.  I was a member of B.Co. 1-128 INF a few years back when we got deployed the first time.  It sounds by the news that things aren't so screwed up over there anymore.... which is a good thing.

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I don't know when you'll be around, but if you get to Central Wisconsin, PM me and we can hook up.

I usually take Vacation for all of January, so scheduling shouldn't be a problem.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Wiener

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Thank you for your service Arron. My son spent a year in Baghdad and is heading back that way sometime in January. Stay low and come home safe.

Mark

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2009, 12:30 PM »
It's 11:00am here in Fox Lake, and the snow is flying, Oct. 10th.  Beautiful

By the way, you aren't by chance a member of the 32nd BCT are you?  I've got a lot of friends over in Iraq right now part of that deployment.  I was a member of B.Co. 1-128 INF a few years back when we got deployed the first time.  It sounds by the news that things aren't so screwed up over there anymore.... which is a good thing.

glad to hear the hopes are up over there :)

im with the 172nd bct. out of germany. yeah, this is my second deployment and things have calmed down alot. its almost to calm. lol.

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2009, 12:34 PM »
I don't know when you'll be around, but if you get to Central Wisconsin, PM me and we can hook up.

I usually take Vacation for all of January, so scheduling shouldn't be a problem.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Wiener

hey yeah man, ill be around til the 3rd of january. (its going to be a short vacation).

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Sgt Brickhouse,

As others have said, thank you so much for your sacrifice.  Keep your head down and get back here safe. 

I wouldn't ordinarily give away locations, but given your situation I'll make an exception.  However, I won't post them on-line.  I'm about an hour and a half north of the Neenah/Menasha area.  Think Mountain/Lakewood/Townsend/Crooked Lake area.  If you want, send me a pm with your e-mail addy and I'll get in touch closer to Christmas time and let you know how things are doing up this way.  Hopefully I can put you on some fish. 

Mike
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.