Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1700184 times)

Offline bwjay

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #7350 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:46 PM »
Anyone looking to build a 9” livescope system. DSG has the UHD 93sv on sale for $699 right now.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/garmin-echomap-uhd-93sv-fish-finder-010-02342-01-19gmnuchmphd93svgfel/19gmnuchmphd93svgfel?recid=Product_PageElement_product_rr_2_28569_&rrec=true

That's a great price. If I hadn't bought my 93sv Plus last year for $600 I'd be all over this. Hoping for a deal on just the LVS32 + GTS10 black box. $1200 would be sweet.

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7351 on: Nov 08, 2020, 02:53 PM »
Agreed. The head unit is the tolerable item. It’s the $1300+ for the livescope and then another few hundred for poles and cases and all that. Even piecing together items at steal prices you're still looking at $2300 or so. Can’t justify that just for ice season. That’s quite a few guided trips each hardwater season instead. 

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7352 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Anyone looking to build a 9” livescope system. DSG has the UHD 93sv on sale for $699 right now.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/garmin-echomap-uhd-93sv-fish-finder-010-02342-01-19gmnuchmphd93svgfel/19gmnuchmphd93svgfel?recid=Product_PageElement_product_rr_2_28569_&rrec=true

Which transducer would be best to pair with this unit strictly for ice fishing? Not interested in Livescope or Panoptix at this point. I am not very knowledgeable about the Garmin units. Thanks

Offline bwjay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7353 on: Nov 08, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Which transducer would be best to pair with this unit strictly for ice fishing? Not interested in Livescope or Panoptix at this point. I am not very knowledgeable about the Garmin units. Thanks

If you are fishing deep, the GT10HN-IF which has a narrow 7-16deg cone angle and is better in deep water (50ft+). Otherwise, the GT8HW-IF, which has a 16-24deg cone angle. Most people go with the GT8HW and it's worked well for me. Both come with a float but you will need an adapter cable to use them with your 93sv - 8pin to 12pin XID sounder adapter cable for the GT10HN, 4pin to 12pin sounder adapter cable for the GT8HW. Unfortunately Garmin is showing 5-8 week delivery times for the 4-to-12 cable so you'll have to find one locally or from a dealer that has one in stock.

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7354 on: Nov 08, 2020, 10:55 PM »

I don’t know much about Garmin’s ice stuff.  Could this unit be paired with one of their ice kits to be used standalone, and then upgraded to the Panoptix/Livescope system at a later date?

If so, what would someone need to make this system “ice ready?”

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7355 on: Nov 09, 2020, 12:19 AM »
I don’t know much about Garmin’s ice stuff.  Could this unit be paired with one of their ice kits to be used standalone, and then upgraded to the Panoptix/Livescope system at a later date?

If so, what would someone need to make this system “ice ready?”

You could start a new topic and get everyone to discuss Garmin Units / transducers / totes and arms. Leave this one to deals. I’m sure it might help someone later using the search function that might have the same questions instead of referring them to a deals thread.

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7356 on: Nov 09, 2020, 12:26 AM »
You could start a new topic and get everyone to discuss Garmin Units / transducers / totes and arms. Leave this one to deals. I’m sure it might help someone later using the search function that might have the same questions instead of referring them to a deals thread.

So the ice kit, or no?

Figured it was okay since this thread is inundated with questions about various deals. 

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7357 on: Nov 09, 2020, 06:39 AM »
So the ice kit, or no?

Figured it was okay since this thread is inundated with questions about various deals.

I agree with Fishwacker1, it would probably be better to post in equipment/electronics, your question is a little more deep than you may realize, ask there and you will get answers.

Offline mackdog75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7358 on: Nov 09, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Who’s got the best deals on electronics right now?

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7359 on: Nov 10, 2020, 06:23 AM »
The annual Big Buddy at Northern Tool for $89.99 post

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7360 on: Nov 10, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Sure wish they still had fans. They left the price the same w/o the fan and the cheapest fan kit I can find is $56, thanks Mr Heater. Anybody know of less expensive fans?

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7361 on: Nov 10, 2020, 06:56 AM »

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7364 on: Nov 10, 2020, 11:29 AM »
It's their house brand isn't it?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7365 on: Nov 10, 2020, 03:34 PM »
11%off on a $100 of select brands at this link with code: vetsday11

https://www.cpooutlets.com/veterans-day-sale?cgid=veterans-day-sale&start=0&sz=48&srule=top-sellers

Max discount of 200 and code is good till 1159 pm on November 11 ,2020

Lot of drills and batteries seen a few milwaukee batteries ftom 3ah to 6 ah

A dcd999t1 kit from dewalt stared at 279.99. I think you get a extra 11 %with code ? With 1219 uwo unit watt out . Biggest I seen yet while supplies last.

https://www.cpooutlets.com/dewalt-dcd999t1-20v-max-brushless-lithium-ion-1-2-in.-cordless-hammer-drill-driver-kit-with-flexvolt-advantage--6-ah-/dewndcd999t1.html

Like this bare tool milwaukee hammer drill 2803-20 @139.99 I think you get an 11 % off on top of this with cupon code by th way 7 instock when I looked..

https://www.cpooutlets.com/milwaukee-2803-20-m18-fuel-lithium-ion-1-2-in.-cordless-drill-driver--tool-only-/miln2803-20.html

Offline tswoboda

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7366 on: Nov 10, 2020, 03:42 PM »
It's their house brand isn't it?
Yes.  Sorta like the Lowes version of Home Depot's Ridgid - similar price point anyway.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7367 on: Nov 10, 2020, 06:10 PM »
Yes.  Sorta like the Lowes version of Home Depot's Ridgid - similar price point anyway.

Please don't compare these brands ridgid is 100000% better quality than anything kobalt
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7368 on: Nov 10, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Marine General has the 8" Pistol Bit for $150

https://www.marinegeneral.com/product/eskimo-pistol-bit-auger/
-Matt

Offline bwjay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7369 on: Nov 10, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Blain's has a 2-pack of DeWalt 9Ah FlexVolt 20V/60V batteries for $209 (price in cart) with $10 shipping. This is a steal of a deal!

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1106559-dewalt-dcb609-2-20v-60v-max-flexvolt-lithium-ion-90-ah-battery-2-pack.html

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7370 on: Nov 11, 2020, 12:21 AM »

Question for thread originator  and moderators ? Just noticed we can remove are old posts about deals and so on .. ..  if we wish to? There is a remove button on all posts you personally posted them we can personally dalete them..  I am wondering if this would cut down on storage needed to keep this post /site going permently if we removed old post that the deals are not.. or are out of date there  any more in this thread ? Would that help this Web site at all I see there is 246 pages reason I ask.? I may leave one old post that dates back to beginning but all the reset is just site storage I am assuming ? Or I'd this different then I am thinking ??  Also if the post originator wishes to maybe leave a post to pleast dalete old posts in this thread  every year sticky up here ? Any how just thinking out loud.. let us know if daletting old posts will help?

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7371 on: Nov 11, 2020, 01:15 AM »
This may be a great post to sticky (or something similar); however, I dont know if there is much benefit to deleting old posts aside from site storage. That's that's up to the moderators whether or not we should delete old posts and frankly, I think it's a pain as long as it doesn't slow us down. I always respond through the notification via email or I click the >> button to go to the latest post. Personally, I'm one of those people that have like 10k emails on each of my email accounts so I can search old emails (sorry not sorry?).

It's up to the mods and whatever makes things easier. Thanks for considering the ease of the mods though! ;)
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7372 on: Nov 11, 2020, 05:32 AM »
This may be a great post to sticky (or something similar); however, I dont know if there is much benefit to deleting old posts aside from site storage. That's that's up to the moderators whether or not we should delete old posts and frankly, I think it's a pain as long as it doesn't slow us down. I always respond through the notification via email or I click the >> button to go to the latest post. Personally, I'm one of those people that have like 10k emails on each of my email accounts so I can search old emails (sorry not sorry?).

It's up to the mods and whatever makes things easier. Thanks for considering the ease of the mods though! ;)
WOw you save all those emails? I have 2 special folders. 1=Online stuff for things I have ordered and 2=Old mail for important emails I may need like Something I bought I clean both of these out as I either 1 get the thing online or 2 the warranty expired.
<===Lefty===

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7373 on: Nov 11, 2020, 07:29 AM »
Marine General has the 8" Pistol Bit for $150

https://www.marinegeneral.com/product/eskimo-pistol-bit-auger/

It has the following wording in the description - think that means it's a separate product that has the centering point or the 8" version of this item?  I asked them on their website and will follow up here when i hear back but wondered if anyone knew?

Available in 6″ or 8″ and uses RB series replacement blades

8″ Pistol bit has a centering Point #35600
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7374 on: Nov 11, 2020, 08:19 AM »
It has the following wording in the description - think that means it's a separate product that has the centering point or the 8" version of this item?  I asked them on their website and will follow up here when i hear back but wondered if anyone knew?

Available in 6″ or 8″ and uses RB series replacement blades

8″ Pistol bit has a centering Point #35600

Yeah I saw that, I placed the order last night and I'm going to call them this morning to confirm.
-Matt

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7375 on: Nov 11, 2020, 08:40 AM »

Yeah I saw that, I placed the order last night and I'm going to call them this morning to confirm.

I saw your other post and was going to mention this until i saw you already ordered it. Take a picture of the ad because you would be able to argue it based on that picture but i took the part number they give and searched it on their website and that same ad showed up so I'm fairly confident that unit has the centerpoint on the 8 inch version
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Mike84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7376 on: Nov 11, 2020, 09:09 AM »
Nice username Ship of Fools.  At first I was like wait....is that A Grateful Dead reference and then I saw your location and it brought a smile to my face.  Weir Everywhere!!!!
I'm just here for the ice fishing groupies..

Offline sploke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7377 on: Nov 11, 2020, 09:27 AM »
I saw your other post and was going to mention this until i saw you already ordered it. Take a picture of the ad because you would be able to argue it based on that picture but i took the part number they give and searched it on their website and that same ad showed up so I'm fairly confident that unit has the centerpoint on the 8 inch version

Just called them, they did confirm the unit they are shipping is the latest model 35600 with the center point.  They said they'd try to update the listing to reflect the correct model number in the SKU field as well.
-Matt

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #7378 on: Nov 11, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Got an email yesterday from kittery trading post. 20% off if you use the code “VetsCount”. Online only and ends Thursday!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7379 on: Nov 11, 2020, 10:52 AM »
Nice username Ship of Fools.  At first I was like wait....is that A Grateful Dead reference and then I saw your location and it brought a smile to my face.  Weir Everywhere!!!!
Best yet is the Doors.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.