Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699326 times)

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1890 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:03 PM »
Yea it's in store, I try to avoid them usually, there stores are pretty horrendous in my opinion too, very very little fishing selection in the Ypsilanti stores and very unorganized. They gave me the 20%off too which I think might be an ongoing sale they have for the weekend?
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Brozy21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1891 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:17 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same rod, but it's a Frabill Bro Inline for $19.99, regularly $79.99.  It is in the bargain cave

http://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/new-this-week/boating-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105638580/frabill-straight-line-bro-series-ice-combo/1385752.uts?slotId=12

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1892 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same rod, but it's a Frabill Bro Inline for $19.99, regularly $79.99.  It is in the bargain cave

http://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/new-this-week/boating-fishing/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105638580/frabill-straight-line-bro-series-ice-combo/1385752.uts?slotId=12

This is where I seen one for sale the other day. I had myself pretty convinced I seen it in a Dunham’s flier lol. I’m going to stop by one tomorrow and see if they have any to check out. If you sign up for their emails you usually get a 15-20% off coupon a week. Their fishing section at my local store sucks though.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1893 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:32 PM »
Anyone have success finding those frabill combos in NE or central WI?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1894 on: Dec 08, 2017, 08:39 PM »

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1895 on: Dec 08, 2017, 09:01 PM »
The Dunhams combos are the 371 inline combos like these:

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Frabill-Bro-Series-371-Ice-Combos

Wow that's incredible. Reel itself is worth more than that. Buy them all haha. I'll have to check my local Dunhams

Offline Icefishingislife1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1896 on: Dec 09, 2017, 04:04 AM »
Brozy,, can u get to the store and buy me 2 of these 371 combos at that price? I could pay u with paypal and u could ship them to me? U could even keep the rods. I would only want the reels

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1897 on: Dec 09, 2017, 04:41 AM »
a vx 1 for  100

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1898 on: Dec 09, 2017, 05:07 AM »
Today’s mission is to find a Dunham’s with those Frabill combos. I never would have guessed it would have the 371 on it for that price. Thanks for the info!

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #1899 on: Dec 09, 2017, 05:35 AM »
Brozy,, can u get to the store and buy me 2 of these 371 combos at that price? I could pay u with paypal and u could ship them to me? U could even keep the rods. I would only want the reels

I was just trying to think who I knew out that way to do the same! Great deal, unfortunately nowhere near me in NY... :(
NYS Licensed Guide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1900 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:07 AM »
Anyone in Michigan or nearby, Dunham's sporting goods has frabill bro series inline rod reel combo for 25 bucks regular 100
quack if i pay u via paypal could u pick 2 if the 371 combos up for me and ship? U can even keep the rods,i only want the reels

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1901 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:12 AM »
I think they had 2 or 3 left yesterday, I will try to swing by and check today, but no promises.
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1902 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:21 AM »
I'll have to go check the Dunhams by me and see if they have any here.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1903 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:40 AM »
I think they had 2 or 3 left yesterday, I will try to swing by and check today, but no promises.
ok sounds good just message me and lmk. For some reason i cant message back it says. ?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1904 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:43 AM »
They've had that deal in store for a month+ now. At least when they got them in, they had most, if not all of the models available. Sign up on Dunham's website and you can get a 20% off coupon to make the deal hotter.
i received your message kayl and would be awesome if u could pick me up 2 of the 371 reels. I cant send messages for some reason? Can u message me again with an email or number?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1905 on: Dec 09, 2017, 07:57 AM »
I noticed yesterday the rapala concept reel they offered was 189.00
The fishin hole is offering them for 90.00 , maybe rapala has a miss print ?

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1906 on: Dec 09, 2017, 08:03 AM »
They opened at 9, I just went in and someone beat me to them, sorry man.

Offline Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1907 on: Dec 09, 2017, 08:53 AM »
a vx 1 for  100

Used I presume? Good deal. I would have bought it for the wife.
See you on the ice!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1908 on: Dec 09, 2017, 11:22 PM »
the dunhams frabill 371 deal is an every day price folks. they are always 24.99$ staff told me this today. there are 5 in kalamazoo mi on west main st just east off of us131 behind mcdonalds if some one wants them. i checked them out and put them back down. they are 24" and not light enough and some of the reels felt like they were failing.
because that is their everyday price you can sign up for 20% off emails and use that on top of the low cost.
just call them and ask if they have any is your best bet.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1909 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:17 AM »
I checked my email messages a few minutes ago had one from Sportsmens Guide sale on many different ice fishing items also code for free shipping .Prices are good until Wednesday Dec.13 . Little bit of everything in sale sleds,augers, rod combos, clothing,etc.
Steve

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1910 on: Dec 10, 2017, 05:38 AM »
Went to my local Dunham's sport store to check out that deal on the jigging rod, and they don't sell ice fishing gear at all!!! They said they were not allowed to sell that or hockey equipment!! what kind of BS is that?
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline mcflyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dicks $50 off of $200.
« Reply #1911 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:19 AM »
I just bought a striker predator suit for $100 off of retail.  Made two separate on-line purchases for the bibs ($209.99 -$50) and the coat (209.99 -$50).  Shipping was free.  Now to see if they actually both get here...

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1912 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Dick Sporting goods has $50 off $200 right now with free shipping. Not sure if the 10% off coupon for signing up for their email also works. This deal is just as good as their black friday one when it comes to striker gear (within a few dollars).

Went to my local Dunham's sport store to check out that deal on the jigging rod, and they don't sell ice fishing gear at all!!! They said they were not allowed to sell that or hockey equipment!! what kind of BS is that?

Now that is some weird stuff haha

the dunhams frabill 371 deal is an every day price folks. they are always 24.99$ staff told me this today. there are 5 in kalamazoo mi on west main st just east off of us131 behind mcdonalds if some one wants them. i checked them out and put them back down. they are 24" and not light enough and some of the reels felt like they were failing.
because that is their everyday price you can sign up for 20% off emails and use that on top of the low cost.

3300 I wonder if they are seconds that they are selling for cheaper similar to what the plano outlet store does. They take all the blemished or not correctly assembled rods and reels and sell them for around 50-75% off. That might be why they didn't feel right. Still a good deal if you can find one that works right and has all the eyes in a straight line.

Offline Brushy19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1913 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:16 AM »

Is that with the Quick Tip rod? I'm looking at ordering a couple of 30", but sounds like there may be a quality control issue by your post, 3300..

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #1914 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:29 AM »
i picked up the first one (closest to me) to check the feel and try the reel. it was rumbling and acted like bad bearings (maybe it was dropped?) and not in good shape at all so i picked up the next one behind it. the reel rolled smoothly and wanted to keep spinning with getting gravity to help on the handle (leaving it at say 2 o'clock and letting it drop down to 6 o'clock). i didn't bother checking eyes. they do have a wire that extends on the tip like i use from frabill, but i couldn't tell if it was titanium because the color of it was dark and not bright like i use. i didn't care for the length nor the sensitivity of them so i opted not to check them any further and didn't buy any after going to three dunhams to get my hands on them. i might have bought some if they were short and ultra lights.
fishusa has them in 18" and that's what i wanted to see in person.

Offline acmarcus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1915 on: Dec 10, 2017, 11:37 AM »
i picked up the first one (closest to me) to check the feel and try the reel. it was rumbling and acted like bad bearings (maybe it was dropped?) and not in good shape at all so i picked up the next one behind it. the reel rolled smoothly and wanted to keep spinning with getting gravity to help on the handle (leaving it at say 2 o'clock and letting it drop down to 6 o'clock). i didn't bother checking eyes. they do have a wire that extends on the tip like i use from frabill, but i couldn't tell if it was titanium because the color of it was dark and not bright like i use. i didn't care for the length nor the sensitivity of them so i opted not to check them any further and didn't buy any after going to three dunhams to get my hands on them. i might have bought some if they were short and ultra lights.
fishusa has them in 18" and that's what i wanted to see in person.
The ones i got were in the 18". Everything seems good with them

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #1916 on: Dec 10, 2017, 01:03 PM »
those frabill inlines are not very good the line gets caught behind the spool at least on the 241.not very good reviews when I was looking at them.one site I believe was cabelas had 1.7 out of 5 rating out of 6 reviews.frabill is probably ditching that lineup is what I'm thinking.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1917 on: Dec 10, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Cabela's Bargain Cave has Frabill 241 QT combos in 30" or 36" for $19.99

Offline joeyfreddy19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1918 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Are those rods decent?  Wondering why they have them so cheap.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1919 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:36 PM »
 sounds like the rods are decent but the reels are throwaways.  lots of good deals in there, too bad the shipping/duty up here is ridiculous.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.