Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699219 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #1560 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:23 PM »
WI CL GREEN BAY-SPORTING GOODS SEARCH WITH WORD MARCUM

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1561 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1562 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:40 PM »
your welcome

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #1563 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Scored an Automatic Fisherman, an HT Ice Rigger and a GM ice bag (like new) today. $10 for all.  :woot:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1564 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:20 PM »
FishUSA has extra 50 percent off clearance items. sale is good threw midnight eastern time tonight
Not able to see the sale. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1565 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Not able to see the sale. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Just search "clearance". The discount is reflected in the price.

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1566 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:28 PM »
In the clearance section the prices have been adjusted already I believe.
A little shady as they are selling the cjs flutter spoon for $1.99 that would imply it was in there clearance section for 4 dollars. Have a hard time seeing that. They did have some very well priced striker gloves and a 5$ rain jacket that looked nice but a lot has been sold out already.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1567 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:35 PM »
Just search "clearance". The discount is reflected in the price.
I can see the clearance items, just not the extra 50% off. Hopefully it’s not a bait and switch.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1568 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:37 PM »
The email I received stated that the price you will see in clearance  section is the 50% off sale price

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1569 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:47 PM »
The email I received stated that the price you will see in clearance  section is the 50% off sale price
Too rich for my blood. Thanks for sharing though. It will be interesting to see what the prices on the items are tomorrow? Most likely the same as today. I guess I misunderstood your first post. I was thinking 50% off of an already marked down item. My bad.

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1570 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Too rich for my blood. Thanks for sharing though. It will be interesting to see what the prices on the items are tomorrow? Most likely the same as today. I guess I misunderstood your first post. I was thinking 50% off of an already marked down item. My bad.

That's what the email implied when it stated "Extra" 50% off. I saw a lot of those items that would be normal retail price if you add that back in. Not much of a clearance.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1571 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:06 PM »
That's what the email implied when it stated "Extra" 50% off. I saw a lot of those items that would be normal retail price if you add that back in. Not much of a clearance.
Well maybe I’ll give them a phone call tomorrow. That would be a heck of a deal with an extra  50% off on some of those items. I was ready to drop some cash!

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1572 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Well maybe I’ll give them a phone call tomorrow. That would be a heck of a deal with an 50% off on some of those items. I was ready to drop some cash!

Yeah, I had a big cart put together,  looked at the total, and went huh.... Looked at the email and saw discount already applied and started really looking at the prices. Decided I'd wait.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1573 on: Nov 09, 2017, 07:48 AM »
miracle
i resisted the temptation 2 days in a row!!

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1574 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:18 AM »
Otter pro xt lodge. $800 Free shipping. You can use coupon code SAVE$50 to save another 50 bucks.

https://localloot.co/otter-outdoors-xt-pro-lodge-ice-shelter-package-blue/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1575 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:21 AM »
Kidder, when I clicked the link it shows it as out of stock.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1576 on: Nov 09, 2017, 10:02 AM »
Just thought I'd post a way to score some great deals using a method I've used in the past:

Check your credit card benefits for price protection.  My Discover, World Mastercard, and Signature Visa offer "Price Protection".  The offer is through Mastercard/Visa/Discover, not the company, so you don't necessarily need some special card.  For instance, the benefit is through Visa, not Chase, even though it's a Chase Visa.

If I buy something on the card, then within 60 or 90 days (depending which card), it goes on clearance, I get the difference in price back. You just have to file some simple paperwork (screenshots of clearance price, copy of statement showing charge, and receipt).  What you can do is purchase the item in January and not care about the price, then when the go on clearance in March/April, take advantage of the clearance price through a price protection claim.  That way, you're not worried about your size/item being sold out when it hits the clearance price.  It's perfect for seasonal items such as ice gear and I use it for Black Friday items too, works great!

I scored my Striker Hardwater jacket and bibs for about $130 a piece last year using this method. I think I submitted my claim price matching the Overton's price that they ended up being sold out of.  Hard to beat that!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1577 on: Nov 09, 2017, 10:26 AM »
Just thought I'd post a way to score some great deals using a method I've used in the past:

Check your credit card benefits for price protection.  My Discover, World Mastercard Signature Visa offer "Price Protection".  The offer is through Mastercard/Visa/Discover, not the company, so you don't necessarily need some special card.  For instance, the benefit is through Visa, not Chase, even though it's a Chase Visa.

If I buy something on the card, then within 60 or 90 days (depending which card), it goes on clearance, I get the difference in price back. You just have to file some simple paperwork (screenshots of clearance price, copy of statement showing charge, and receipt).  What you can do is purchase the item in January and not care about the price, then when the go on clearance in March/April, take advantage of the clearance price through a price protection claim.  That way, you're not worried about your size/item being sold out when it hits the clearance price.  It's perfect for seasonal items such as ice gear and I use it for Black Friday items too, works great!

I scored my Striker Hardwater jacket and bibs for about $130 a piece last year using this method. I think I submitted my claim price matching the Overton's price that they ended up being sold out of.  Hard to beat that!

Woah! didn't even know that was a thing, I'm going to have to look at my benefits.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1578 on: Nov 09, 2017, 10:44 AM »

Check your credit card benefits for price protection.  My Discover, World Mastercard Signature Visa offer "Price Protection".  The offer is through Mastercard/Visa/Discover, not the company, so you don't necessarily need some special card.  For instance, the benefit is through Visa, not Chase, even though it's a Chase Visa.

Great advice! Does the price match have to be from the same company or do they price match a lower price from any store? (i.e. amazon)
Da Pack!

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1579 on: Nov 09, 2017, 10:46 AM »
Great advice! Does the price match have to be from the same company or do they price match a lower price from any store? (i.e. amazon)
It can be from any store, as long as it's an advertised price. 

Offline Kidder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1580 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Kidder, when I clicked the link it shows it as out of stock.

Ohh sorry. Must have bought the last one.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1581 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Glad you got in on the deal! Thanks for sharing the link anyway.

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1582 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Black Friday deals at Cabelas.  Some good items on sale.  Of note:  I got a camo auto inflate PFD ive been wanting for a while for $68.  Normally around $160.  Also boxes of .22 shells are around $4.50 after rebate.  Don't forget to look for discounted gift cards on other sites.  I found 15% cabelas cards on raise.com

Offline Big_Al

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1583 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:27 AM »
FishUSA today only 20% off any rod with code ROD20.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1584 on: Nov 09, 2017, 05:42 PM »
I'm new to the whole ice fishing thing, but I'm pretty sure this is a SMOKING hot deal...
Dunham's Sports has the Frabill 371 Combos for $24.99.  You can get a 25% off coupon by entering your email here: http://dsportsdiscount.com/Vcoupons6/
Total before tax: $18.74.

My local stores had the XL, UL, L, QT, and noodle variants.

Offline Moosehaed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1585 on: Nov 09, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Spam?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1586 on: Nov 09, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Spam?
I didn't get any. I use a throwaway email for stuff like this.  Temporary email addresses are your friend. Get the code and forward it to your regular email.

Edit: otherwise the page I linked has a 20% off one item coupon on it that doesn't require your email.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1587 on: Nov 10, 2017, 01:25 AM »
In case anyone is looking for a good deal on a drill for this winter, I stumbled across possibly a good way to get one. Long story though!

So last week I decided to pick up a $279 ridgid kit (brushless 700 in/lbs with LSA lifetime warranty with an impact and two batteries) because they had a free tool promo going, and I decided that I could get the $150 1/2” impact and see if my dad would use it. Turns out he didn’t need it, and I definitely didn’t either, so I returned to Home Depot to return everything. Lady at the counter asked why I was returning it all, and I said that I hadn’t ended up needing the extra tool, so I figured I’d return it all and just wait for a sale on just the kit instead of a free tool. She came back with “well you do know you can just return the impact!”. And I replied that I wanted to wait for a sale on the kit. She replied saying that the return values on the tools are actually adjusted to the discount ($150 in my case) and I could just return the impact for its return value. In return I said that the deal was for a free tool, so I thought I’d havd to return it all, and she said something like “nope, we get people all the time that buy things like these just to return the free tool to get a good price on the kit, and that’s why the return prices are adjusted”. People get the most expensive free tool to get the best discount. So, with her advice that there’s nothing wrong with the return, I ended up just returning the impact! After the return, the cost for the originally $279 without tax ended up being $187 out the door (hammer drill, impact, 2 4ah batteries, and charger). She then told me they match menards 11% rebate and that takes it off of the presale values of the purchase of $279, and that I can fill it out online. Ended up completing that am getting a little over $30 back! So all in all, roughly $157 into it all. Plan on selling the impact that came with the kit and will have the drill and two batteries for under $100. Very very good deal for me as I don’t need the impact that was in the kit!

Offline Moosehaed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1588 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:58 AM »
I didn't get any. I use a throwaway email for stuff like this.  Temporary email addresses are your friend. Get the code and forward it to your regular email.

Edit: otherwise the page I linked has a 20% off one item coupon on it that doesn't require your email.

Is this site actually a Dunhams site or third party that has a coupon?
Thats why I was wondering if its spam with a fake coupon. Ive seen site like that before.

Offline Moosehaed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1589 on: Nov 10, 2017, 09:00 AM »
In case anyone is looking for a good deal on a drill for this winter, I stumbled across possibly a good way to get one. Long story though!

So last week I decided to pick up a $279 ridgid kit (brushless 700 in/lbs with LSA lifetime warranty with an impact and two batteries) because they had a free tool promo going, and I decided that I could get the $150 1/2” impact and see if my dad would use it. Turns out he didn’t need it, and I definitely didn’t either, so I returned to Home Depot to return everything. Lady at the counter asked why I was returning it all, and I said that I hadn’t ended up needing the extra tool, so I figured I’d return it all and just wait for a sale on just the kit instead of a free tool. She came back with “well you do know you can just return the impact!”. And I replied that I wanted to wait for a sale on the kit. She replied saying that the return values on the tools are actually adjusted to the discount ($150 in my case) and I could just return the impact for its return value. In return I said that the deal was for a free tool, so I thought I’d havd to return it all, and she said something like “nope, we get people all the time that buy things like these just to return the free tool to get a good price on the kit, and that’s why the return prices are adjusted”. People get the most expensive free tool to get the best discount. So, with her advice that there’s nothing wrong with the return, I ended up just returning the impact! After the return, the cost for the originally $279 without tax ended up being $187 out the door (hammer drill, impact, 2 4ah batteries, and charger). She then told me they match menards 11% rebate and that takes it off of the presale values of the purchase of $279, and that I can fill it out online. Ended up completing that am getting a little over $30 back! So all in all, roughly $157 into it all. Plan on selling the impact that came with the kit and will have the drill and two batteries for under $100. Very very good deal for me as I don’t need the impact that was in the kit!

I never heard of anybody honoring another stores rebate. Especially when the rebate is only for a store.

Ill have to take a look at this. If it works its a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.