Author Topic: Bubbles from camera head  (Read 723 times)

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
Bubbles from camera head
« on: Jan 23, 2021, 05:28 PM »
I noticed that there are bubbles that come out of the camera head when I submerse it in water. I have been a flasher guy for so long and haven’t  used a camera so I don’t know if this should happen. 

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Does this look normal?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2021, 08:50 PM »
Do they come out in a stream that lasts for a period of time or just a few bubbles when it submerges? Looks like a leak where the cable enters the camera case. If you don't seal it moisture could cause the lens of the case to fog up making the camera useless.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Bubbles from camera head
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2021, 06:46 AM »
Never seen that before, at least not with mine. Bubbles mean air is coming out of somewhere; which means water will enter. I don't know if you'd be able to seal it up completely, you might end up trapping residual moisture in it. Guess I'd send it in to the company that made it....but at the height of ice season, expect a longer turn around time.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Does this look normal?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2021, 11:35 PM »
Do they come out in a stream that lasts for a period of time or just a few bubbles when it submerges? Looks like a leak where the cable enters the camera case. If you don't seal it moisture could cause the lens of the case to fog up making the camera useless.

Yea they do come out for a few seconds all in a stream indicating that air is being pushed out of somewhere and is being replaced by the water.  I contacted the guy who I got it from who is also a certified repair depot and he said that it’s normal and that there is an air cavity in the head.  The picture seems to be fine when it’s underwater so I’m gonna assume he’s correct I guess.  Just seems a little odd to me. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.