Author Topic: winni is a total mess!!!!!  (Read 2366 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
winni is a total mess!!!!!
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:53 PM »
14 inches of super wet slush water over the runningg boards of the snowmobile. Very soft slush you can't get ggoing fast and ride on top you plow through.

Don't try to put a bobhouse out this weekend you are asking for trouble and leave the quad at home. It is almost impossible for a sled to get going towing gear.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: winni is a total mess!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:56 PM »
my buddy josh said the same thing about the ice down south...a mile of slush under the snow......tough season for ice fishing...atleast for me....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:11 PM »
I'm locking myself in the shanty tomorrow! Not gonna pull out anymore stuck bobhouses! Haha Alton Bay is a huge slushie

Offline coffee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:17 PM »
It's not a good start for icefishing this season. 12" of slush and an
artic blast coming in this weekend. SUCKS big time. >:(

Offline grlsctchtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:51 PM »
This weekend is suppose to be super cold.. It will freeze! Then its  :tipup:time!

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Another storm brewing might need auger extention.  :(

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Another storm brewing might need auger extention.  :(
seriously...once this snow ice freezes with these bone temps the ice will go from 10 inches to probably 15 or so....the cold will certainly help...it suppose to be 25 to 30 below in berlin on monday...my old man said it brings back old times....lol
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

lael19533

« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:25 PM »
LLT is doing the "freeze up" dance-and sure hopes the slush turns to good hard ice... :icefish:

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2011, 04:47 PM »
Didn't get any better today. Watched a few shacks get stuck at the ramp. 10'' of water & slush. Where I kept plowed has 16'' of black ice. Great day out with the wife, friends and shanty neighbors

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:13 PM »
measured 10" on winnisquam, 4 of that is crusty slush

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Just brought the shanty out on Ellacoya and at least 5'' of slush 10'' of ice and 6'' of snow. Since there I guess will be a cold front coming the slush will freeze and it might be better walking and shanty moving.  ???

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:21 PM »
It's not just Winni. I went snowmobiling with friends tonight and we hit parts of Winnisquam, Waukewan and Winni on our ride. All three lakes were covered in slop. If you kept up speed, you could cruise over most of it. However, I can't imagine towing anything through the areas we were in. What a mess.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Didn't get any better today. Watched a few shacks get stuck at the ramp. 10'' of water & slush. Where I kept plowed has 16'' of black ice. Great day out with the wife, friends and shanty neighbors

SlabbinCabin,
Thanks again for helping Jim out today with my shack. Its greatly appreciated! Let me know what you like to drink and as soon as I get back, I will bring you some!!

-Scott

Offline lammy1960

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I fished Manchester. It was just as bad.

Offline NHice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Saturday was a disaster, two flats on the trailer then burned a belt on the wheeler. Didn't even start fishing till 1:00pm! But it ended up ok. It was  pretty warm with no wind and we managed to lakers. :cookoo:

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Took the shanty up to Gilford Beach yesterday and couldn't put it on,,,,too slushy!!!  Went up this morning and put it on thanks to the snowmobilers and track rigs that packed down the trails. Any area off of the trails was slushy still. I shoveled an area for the shanty and had 3" of clear water over 7" of black ice... After drilling one hole for tie downs the water bubbled up to about 6" of water,,,had to build up under the runners 8" so as not to have them freeze in,,,Finally got set up by 10 AM,,, my buddy got 3 lakers (biggest was about 20") and a salmon in about 25 FOW and I missed one,,, all jigging with silver swedish pimples.

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2011, 05:03 PM »
DROVE BY mEREDITH BAY sAT. AM, LOOKED LIKE A SLED OR SHANTY BURNING  (nuts, I hate caps lock) near the memorial, right next to the fence for the pond hockey tourney   :'( :o
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline MTPockets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2011, 05:12 PM »
It was slush heaven all over the state this weekend. Went out at 0 dark 30 and was wondering why the snowmobile was bogging down....stopped and got off and it was nasty. We managed to have a good day anyway. That is why we live in New England. Only crazy people to put up with this stuff!!!!

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Today was B-A-D! I went out and wind blowing like crazy freezing like crazy and some of the slush froze  :) BUT I went out there and pulling a cooler not Jet Sled yet and thing gets stuck and I step into a slush hole and FALL!!!! Then this happens a few more times and not even close to the shanty!  :%$#!:
And I fall and get wet some many times I go back to shore all wet and frozen not even getting to the shanty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Today was B-A-D! I went out and wind blowing like crazy freezing like crazy and some of the slush froze  :) BUT I went out there and pulling a cooler not Jet Sled yet and thing gets stuck and I step into a slush hole and FALL!!!! Then this happens a few more times and not even close to the shanty!  :%$#!:
And I fall and get wet some many times I go back to shore all wet and frozen not even getting to the shanty!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel ya, i stepped in in old ice hole yesterday.

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:01 PM »
SlabbinCabin,
Thanks again for helping Jim out today with my shack. Its greatly appreciated! Let me know what you like to drink and as soon as I get back, I will bring you some!!

-Scott

Large iced coffee, black. Haha. Not a problem at all. Had a few extra pieces of 4x4 kickin around. They have been fantastic neighbors & very entertaining

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Thats easy enough!!

Thanks again!!

Offline fxdxharley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:16 PM »
that was the conditions everywhere. i was out on swains lake on the fishin sled and if you got off the main trail going slow i just sank into the slush and got stuck. no way was i putting my shack out.  :'( pretty sure no one wanted it right in the main trail. haha.
Play hard, Take chances!!

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 24, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Anybody been out today?  How's the slush?

Offline NHSlabbinCabin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:01 PM »
There was still some slush under the snow. Not nearly as bad as this weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.