New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Madison county chain RE: Lebanon rez  (Read 578 times)

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
Madison county chain RE: Lebanon rez
« on: Mar 25, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Heade out to my old stomping grounds and got into the slobs.44 feet of water directly off the bottom.Forage minnow and TOI 3 dot glow were the weapons of choice.Tipped with 3 and 2 maggots respectively.They are there every year at this time.We fished it till April 7th last year and we were sitting on 35 inches of solid ice with solid shoreline.Light wind and gorgeous day to be on ice.Raining now at 34 degrees.It could get iffy on the roads soon.Love that Madison county chain...esp Erieville and those  enormous smallies...Peace and One Love!!
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Madison county chain RE: Lebanon rez
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2015, 06:36 PM »
How much ice is there now? I haven't fished Lebanon in a few yrs but may try it this weekend. Have fished Oneida quite a lot this yr and Moraine lately, got some nice perch there yesterday along with some gills,crappie

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:11 AM »
At least 35 inches and shore ice was tight.The perch are stacked in front of dam Id say 100 yards up from dam in middle of rez in 40 plus feet of water right tight to the bottom.Those fish are there every year at this time.Ice was nice and solid with very little snow on top.Great walk out and zero drag pulling a sled.Have fun and may I reccomend the Blue Canoe to have lunch in Erieville.Used to be Rosies...awesome food and great service.   BigD
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline CNY Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Hey Big D, any luck getting those perch down there to bite ;D?  Maybe I'll try a trip or two down that way after work next week!!! 
Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Yeah Big D we use to ride sleds over to Rosies and have a few beers with our lunch. Good times!! Going to hit it in the morning..... we shall see!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.