New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: X-Mas gift....ice  (Read 600 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
X-Mas gift....ice
« on: Sep 13, 2012, 10:00 AM »
All I want for x-mas is to be able to ice fish.  Is this the season in which it will happen?  Your thoughts.  Last year was a bad ice year....agree?  2 years ago awesome !!!!!!!!!   (kind of a simple subject, I'm just bored and can't stop thinking about ice fishin' and when I'll be able to get out...) :-\
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: X-Mas gift....ice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2012, 10:27 AM »
All I want for x-mas is to be able to ice fish.  Is this the season in which it will happen?  Your thoughts.  Last year was a bad ice year....agree?  2 years ago awesome !!!!!!!!!   (kind of a simple subject, I'm just bored and can't stop thinking about ice fishin' and when I'll be able to get out...) :-\

Bad in southern NY but great up in the 'dacks!
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Same thing in wisconsin. I hope santa is listening. LOL

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2012, 01:29 PM »
I will 100% guarantee I will be fishing at Christmas up here in SK, in fact I'd be suprized if I couldn't drive my truck on by then.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Bad in southern NY but great up in the 'dacks!

Yup....  I thought last year was pretty good..   The best part was no snow on the ice....Granted the biggest lakes didn't freeze but there was plenty of ice around...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2012, 07:57 PM »
I agree totally.  Last year the most ice we got here in Northeastern Pennsylvania was eight inches, two years ago we had twenty-four, yep 24.  I'm hoping and praying for another 24 inches of ice year.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Don't get me wrong...even with short ice last season, I went EVERY weekend and then some.  Just had to hit some of the old honey holes...smaller places.  Safety was the biggest factor last year and MADE me re-think where I went and how to approach the ice.  Sometimes "we" need to revisit our safety thoughts and practices.  WAY, WAY TOO many ice deaths in up-state NY last year.....Please be careful again this year y'all.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline wish4fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2012, 03:19 AM »
I hope "The King" freezes this winter, it should be excellent fishing w/ the lack of pressure last year.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Yup....  I thought last year was pretty good..   The best part was no snow on the ice....Granted the biggest lakes didn't freeze but there was plenty of ice around...
It seemed like a lot of guys wrote last season off simply because the big waters didn't freeze. There was plenty of ice. It just took the same of the same work it takes to catch the fish to find it.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2012, 04:29 PM »
I hope "The King" freezes this winter, it should be excellent fishing w/ the lack of pressure last year.
Looking forward to that myself! There are a few new spots on George I can't wait to try this year. Hoping for a good old fashioned NY winter!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.