New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!I am SOOOOOO impressed!!!!  (Read 2724 times)

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!I am SOOOOOO impressed!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Gamalot's hypothetical (at least for now) rules have some merit, stranger things have happened.  Unfortunately it boils down to a cultural aspect of present day society.  Everyone out for themselves and screw the other guy.  Somewhere in the past couple of decades, all courtesy and respect for one another has gone out the window, be it on hardwater, soft water or driving down the highways and dealing with road rage.

I still remember as a kid, my dad piloting our 7 1/2 hp Elgin on a 14 footer.  He'd make sure to either slow down or go out of his way to go around another fishing boat.  Many here relate of ATVs or snowmobiles zipping by while on the ice, how many soft water fisherman can relate to boats speeding by at top speed within 50 ft. while they're fishing?  Again, common courtesy, I wish it would come back in style.....  :(
Leave it better than you found it

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:39 AM »
That sounds like the Bassmasters when they come to Lake Erie. 90mph right next to you or over your lines while trolling.

Offline icepick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Sounds like the sleds on west caroga.  Took my gf out for the firts time and they were coming within 10ft of the shanty at about 40mph all day. We weren't even close to their "road". It was a miserable experience not to mention no fish.  Won't be going there again.
Who needs a boat when you can walk on water:)

Offline sacandagakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2011, 01:08 PM »
mayfield has been the same for 15 years nothing new,they have the same right to be there as we do...I'm glad they are running around the little lake like that people have been pounding the crap out of it and its all because of the internet..Theres no fish left but people keep coming and coming and catch all the dinks and keep them...You can only take so much before a lake stops produceing...10 years ago flags all day, now a days 10 flags great day all tiny fish....
Dont't catch um all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.